Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut officially announced.

#1 Posted by Rapture_Shadow (44 posts) -

http://www.rocketchainsaw.com.au/mass-effect-3-extended-cut-formally-announced/

Thoughts?
I personally am ok with this. (Of course I still have to see what it is, but they at least listened to the fan response.) 

#2 Posted by CuseGirl (9 posts) -

Thoughts?
I personally am ok with this. (Of course I still have to see what it is, but they at least listened to the fan response.) 

Rapture_Shadow
I'm happy there's been a response. But their public statements keep bringing up this "artistic vision" and "integrity" and they've been pretty clear "we will not change the ending" and "the ending isn't fake/false/taking place in Shepard's mind". So basically they're saying "at face value, the ending makes absolutely no sense, and we won't change it, but here's free DLC to explain something that lack even basic narrative coherence".
#3 Posted by snakes_codec (2754 posts) -
honestly this is the out come i was hope ing for as i dont feel the ending themselves need to change there just needs to be more answers like what planet are Joker and crew on at the end what happens to all the races are they all in the sol system id be happy just having these questions answered .
#4 Posted by ocstew (4381 posts) -
honestly this is the out come i was hope ing for as i dont feel the ending themselves need to change there just needs to be more answers like what planet are Joker and crew on at the end what happens to all the races are they all in the sol system id be happy just having these questions answered .snakes_codec
But the complaint is that the ending itself doesn't make sense. People aren't asking for clarification about the current ending, they want a modified one that actually makes sense.
#5 Posted by DirkXXVI (497 posts) -

I can't believe they're still talking about artistic integrity.  Apparently ripping off Deus Ex's ending and ex-communicating the majority of the writing staff so the ending wouldn't be subject to peer review is what passes for artistic integrity.

#6 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -
I dont mind the endings, but I wish they had explained what was going on more. Now there doing it, so Ill be happy.
#7 Posted by Weeoo_86 (976 posts) -

Overall, I'm happy with what Bioware is doing! Not only are they clearing things up, they're not even charging for it too. Now if only they can manage to wrap everything up nicely then I'd be happy :D

#8 Posted by ME3Gamer (2 posts) -
I still think they need to do what this YouTube guys sings about. Good suggestions in the video for BioWare http://youtu.be/21SeD0zHEFw
#9 Posted by MightyMillers (746 posts) -

Answers I would like lol:

Why is Joker flying the normandy away from the battle?

How did Liara get on the Normandy when she was part of my team running towards the beam?

How does Shepard end up on earth or is that even Shepard in the N7 armour?

Why couldn't we have a 4th ending? Where all the Reapers are killed and all the surviving members of Shepards team along with Shepard have a party. Then Shepard looks to one side to see the ghostly images of his fallen comrades along with the illusive man who can be seen like he was before he was indoctrinated. Why can't we have that ending?? (Note to bioware ask George Lucas' permission first. Oh and could it be possible that a volus without his suit on looks like a Ewok?)

#10 Posted by wiouds (5255 posts) -

If they stay with their current ending then they lost all their integrity.

#11 Posted by MathMattS (4005 posts) -

I'm fine with the extended cut.

But, I'm OK with the original ending, as well, considering how cinematic the last mission is. 

#12 Posted by KungPoo (2290 posts) -

ending sucked

they blew it if thats actually wht they intended. 

/end

#13 Posted by AncientDozer (8129 posts) -
I think it's a half measure at best and I'd honestly rather they say they dropped the ball and make a new ending where the stupid star child or whatever we want to call it doesn't exist.
#14 Posted by prince__vlad (161 posts) -

For me they already spoiled it beyond any forgivness. ME3 is the weakest from the three and a real disapointment in its own. That's what happens when in a team is an idiot who wants to change what is good because he wants to change something anyway.

PS - Bioware you got us all wrong! We don't want a "clarification" of your stupid end and mistakes , we want ANOTHER END or ENDINGS ;) Got that?

#15 Posted by Warpspawn (23 posts) -

They are doing this to appease fans, but they obviously had planned to release an extended ending dlc in the future anyway, but are now making it a greater priorty to release something sooner. But in my opinion, they deserve all the criticism. The last mission is lacking regardless of the ending. All the resources you gathered are not used in any meaningful fashion. The scenario is they could of made an outstanding final act, but instead settled for a lesser option. I will not be satisfied alone with added movies, I want more gameplay.

#16 Posted by CylonRaider01 (217 posts) -

Bioware politic is : "You want more,PAY more and we will consider if we do something good or not".To say that future dlc will come and you Must buy it,in a subtle way,is stupid.They shouldnt rush it like this and release it incomplete or with on disc "dlc".We payed for it so we deserve to be picky.If it was a free game then we had no right to criticize them.

#17 Posted by big_boss1988 (1241 posts) -

well, compared to the final mission of ME2, i think the final mission was a medicore. not too bad. and also not too good. so i want more gameplaybut i think they won't give us that. maybe just maybe in an upcoming DLC( which i also doubt). but overall it was a very nice ride.

#18 Posted by Torino818 (149 posts) -

I understood the ending perfectly except for the part about the Normandy and my team being on it. It was simple you had three very distinct choices.

1. RED DEATH- you destroy every synthetic being in the galaxy pretty straight forward all geth, reapers, and TIM type people in the  galaxy are destroyed along with the Mass Relays.

2. BLUE CONTROL- Shepard becomes the AI god child that controls the Reapers what he does with this control is unkown.

3. GREEN SYNTHESIS- Shepard sacrifices himself to combine DNA with Synthetic Properties.  Basically everything in the galaxy stops becoming organic or sythetic and becomes a mixture of the two.

What was so hard to follow we knew all along the crucible would create enough energy to destroy the reapers the only question was how would this energy be release.  As for the Mass Relays being destroyed, the ships in the Mass Effect univers do have FTL travel it just means instead of taking hours to cross the galaxy it would take a few weeks.  Big deal its like going from air travel to boat travel slower but still manageable.

#19 Posted by Stuff_ (91 posts) -

"this winter"? wasn't summer? well.. it's a lot of more time. there's gotta be some serious stuff in the making.

#20 Posted by Stuff_ (91 posts) -

"this winter"? wasn't summer? well.. it's a lot of more time. there's gotta be some serious stuff in the making.

#21 Posted by vespa5 (2832 posts) -

Once again, another white lie from BW/EA. First the promise of "very different endings". Then, a DLC to explain later in April. Then, sometime in the Summer.  And NOW, it's IN THE WINTER. In the winter? Really? This is your classic "waiting till the fires burn out". By then, George Lucas will already have a re-re-re-re-release of his Star Wars movies with more "additional content"

#22 Posted by CylonRaider01 (217 posts) -

They did that cuz other ppl said that they are "artist" and they shoudnt change anything in those endings.So they had 2 options:change and get half of fans annoyed cuz they changed or do not change and get the other half annoyed.That was the reason why they wont change anything.

#23 Posted by LC0707 (3 posts) -
I didnt mind the ending since i got the ending were shepard lived but there was many questions that were unanswered and this is one of the main reasons people are raging about the ending
#24 Posted by Putty121 (1852 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rapture_Shadow"]

Thoughts?

CuseGirl
I'm happy there's been a response. But their public statements keep bringing up this "artistic vision" and "integrity" and they've been pretty clear "we will not change the ending" and "the ending isn't fake/false/taking place in Shepard's mind". So basically they're saying "at face value, the ending makes absolutely no sense, and we won't change it, but here's free DLC to explain something that lack even basic narrative coherence".

[QUOTE="snakes_codec"]honestly this is the out come i was hope ing for as i dont feel the ending themselves need to change there just needs to be more answers like what planet are Joker and crew on at the end what happens to all the races are they all in the sol system id be happy just having these questions answered .ocstew
But the complaint is that the ending itself doesn't make sense. People aren't asking for clarification about the current ending, they want a modified one that actually makes sense.

This and this. The current ending is simply a poorly written cop out that insults all of us who committed so much time to this franchise over the past six years. The endings are literally the same. Choose your favorite color. The End. Nothing you did in any of the three games matters whatsoever.
#25 Posted by Norrie91 (2444 posts) -

So there literally not changing anything and none of it takes place in Sheps mind (IndocThoery).

SO there flatout syaing yeah the ending is bad and doesn't make any sense what-so-ever, but we made millions off it so F*** You.

No BiowEAr, F*** You.

#26 Posted by TroyTrojanGamer (492 posts) -

My thing is would a fourth happy ending for having high resources have been the end of the world?  I know all games aren't meant to be fairy tails but come on, this pushed it. 

#27 Posted by MusashiSensi (9583 posts) -

The ending was a smack in the face to fans that have stuck with & supported this series from the start. The funny thing is that Bioware will make another Mass Effect & the majority of the people complaining will still buy it.

#28 Posted by CylonRaider01 (217 posts) -

Between buying and "acquiring" is a difference and ppl will resort to the second option due to failure.I have no idea how they will continue if they will but from what i read that was the end of the series and they will stop at this chapter,gladly.