A slow and boring sports game ripoff that gives the Tony Hawk series a bad name.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X has always been shadowed by Tony Hawk 3. I say so be it because once I finally pick it up 5 years after release I realize that the game is just as bad as it was those many years ago.

Gameplay: The action was slow and uninteresting and the combos were useless since the grab tricks gave you a ton of points. The levels were taken straight out of THPS1 and THPS2 and were old when this game came out. Thats a really bad idea. The game is basically Tony Hawk 2.

Graphics: The graphics are the only thing that set this game apart from the playstation 1, n64, and dreamcast versions of Tony Hawk 2 and 1. The graphics were atleast made half decent and look like an early Xbox game. And since it is thats okay. Still the menus are horrible and the layout is bad so I can't really give this the seven I wanted to. So it will have to live with a five.

Sound: Do you like cheesey rap music and old punk? Then you will love Tony Hawk's soundtrack. This surprises me. Usually the music in the Hawk games are very good but this is a disgrace. Also the other stuff like bail noises and trick sounds are horribly made and sound like a donkey throwing up on most ocassions.

Value/Tilt: This game is not even worth the price of a rental and should not be touched period. If you want to play a retro Hawk game go buy the actual Tony Hawk 2 game since that game is actually good.

In the end Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X is a horrible excuse for making a quick buck by porting thps2 onto the Xbox. Do not play this game. If you come within 4 feet of the cartridge wash with antibacterial soap.