Unlock Characters

#1 Posted by Nikolaj-11 (3007 posts) -

Hey

I'm not much of a mmo fan, but I love hero games and was just wondering if there was any secure way of unlocking heroes except buying them?

I'd love to play Deadpool, but any money not used is earned, so I'd rather fight my way to him as the Thing.

Is it possible or are all characters dropped randomly?

#2 Posted by hughobrien (177 posts) -
As far as I know it's all random.
#3 Posted by Albelnox0 (485 posts) -

It's randomly dropped, but you get one free character for sure after the tutorial and another after the final boss beating the game

#4 Posted by jampoz (41 posts) -

Don't forget the fact that you can randomly get a character you already have and it's not even a bug, it's part of the game "design".

#5 Posted by hughobrien (177 posts) -

Don't forget the fact that you can randomly get a character you already have and it's not even a bug, it's part of the game "design".

jampoz
You use duplicate character drops to level up your characters ultimate power. It's a logical design.
#6 Posted by greebe55 (45 posts) -

i chose the ting as my starting character, can i go back and chose someone else?

#7 Posted by Vudu_Line (1571 posts) -

Hearing Nolan North (Uncharted series) voice Deadpool in this game, IMHO, is worth the price of admission. The chance of getting a drop is 1% I believe, and it is completely random.

As for going back through the prologue and selecting a new character, no. You're stuck with the one you chose and the second awarded character. Doesn't stop you from registering with another email and picking a new character though.

#8 Posted by hughobrien (177 posts) -
Don't think so. You're stuck with him until you unlock more guys.
#9 Posted by Nikolaj-11 (3007 posts) -
Okay, I see. I'm okay with the Thing for now, just don't wanna throw down cash for a character I might not play as for very long..
#10 Posted by hughobrien (177 posts) -
They've recently changed the drop rate for new characters, so all NPC's have a chance of dropping them as loot, but it's still an incredibly low change.
#11 Posted by mustfail (1 posts) -

hows that work iv only have picked up daredevil on chaper 7 what do i do if i get another daredevil alittle upset i was hopeing that there would be more then one drop so far its to expencive to buy then out right.

#12 Posted by hughobrien (177 posts) -

Haven't gotten to the point where I've gained an ultimate ability (with so few heroes available, it seems to make sense to wait before I start grinding characters), but I think you just store the duplicate until you're ready to upgrade your ultimate ability.

#13 Posted by InquisitorCrox (616 posts) -
I wanted deadpool as well, tried out the game as a freebie first with Daredevil, to see if this worth the fee. I liked the previous one made for the console, being a diablo like hack and slash with RPG elements for upgrades. But this game is unfortunately extremely swallow. The story is just horrible, completely unexistent, nothing drives you forward to kill the same enemies again and again, with no other reason but to gather xp, which from one point demands you to replay the same levels for hours upon hours, to get to the next level. And once you get your character, you have to start over, rinse and repeat. A complete waste of time and cash if you ask me, i had some moderate hopes for that, but unfortunately it was extrememly dissapointing... If you want to play it with that hero, better bite the bullet and buy him from the beginning, otherwise it doesnt worth it, he will be extremely overpriced, but this is how the game devs force you to invest on this game and once you did, you will feel that you have payed for a game that doesnt worth your money. It is extremely unlikely to get the character you want, unless you invest months on this game...
#15 Posted by RUBEL_007 (3 posts) -
[QUOTE="InquisitorCrox"]I wanted deadpool as well, tried out the game as a freebie first with Daredevil, to see if this worth the fee. I liked the previous one made for the console, being a diablo like hack and slash with RPG elements for upgrades. But this game is unfortunately extremely swallow. The story is just horrible, completely unexistent, nothing drives you forward to kill the same enemies again and again, with no other reason but to gather xp, which from one point demands you to replay the same levels for hours upon hours, to get to the next level. And once you get your character, you have to start over, rinse and repeat. A complete waste of time and cash if you ask me, i had some moderate hopes for that, but unfortunately it was extrememly dissapointing... If you want to play it with that hero, better bite the bullet and buy him from the beginning, otherwise it doesnt worth it, he will be extremely overpriced, but this is how the game devs force you to invest on this game and once you did, you will feel that you have payed for a game that doesnt worth your money. It is extremely unlikely to get the character you want, unless you invest months on this game...

I agree!