Buggy, laggy and plain broken. I want my 10 dollars back!

User Rating: 1 | Magicka PC
I usually don't write reviews but this game pissed me off so much that I felt obliged to warn all potential buyers. Don't buy it! Even if it look awesome and innovative on screenshots and videos - if you spend more than 1-2 hours you will realize that it is shallow and broken.

This game without any doubt should take the 2011 award for worst technology.

I don't understand why all of the other reviews omit couple of key facts about this game:
- it is ridden with bugs (online doesn't work, UI glitches, physics glitches)
- it is dog slow even on powerful machine. I don't remember when was the last time i had to play game on lower than my native monitor resolution - but for this game this is must.
- The game mechanics although novel at the beginning are just plain broken later when you try to pull some more complicated spells. I can't count how many times i died just because i couldn't finish the spell i wanted and pulled something else instead. This in combination with horrible frame rate when there are more than 5 enemies on the screen killed any joy for me
- It is ugly. People can argue that the art is intentionally simple - I call it lazy and cheap. It is painfully evident on lower resolutions in which you will end up playing anyway.
- Lazy level design - levels have no branches whatsoever. No exploration of any kind - you just walk forward till you reach the final boss.
- Your progress through the chapter is lost if you quit the game.

You have been warned!