Ever since I was a kid, I loved this game!

User Rating: 9.5 | Magic & Mayhem PC
Not very many people appreciate this game, but this was seriously my favorite game from the age of 8 to 13 (when I discovered Starcraft). I must have played through this game 5 or 6 times. I still think it is one of the most original and immersive games ever. It is also in my humble opinion the earliest and most successful combination of RTS and RPG to date.

There are a lot of commendable things about Magic and Mayhem. The diversity of spells and creatures you can cast/summon is definitely a plus. The plot is wacky but very enjoyable. The soundtrack is honestly in my list of top 10 gaming soundtracks of all time. Most importantly battles are very engaging and there is something epic about being able to summon a hoard of skeletons and watching them take down a dragon.

By the way a few reviewers commented on the lack of depth in the strategy of this game. After playing it as much as I have I assure you this is not true. If you look hard enough you'll find a lot of underlying synergy between your spells and creatures, and each mission in the campaign has various approaches to completing it.