In franchise mode, game insists on my team being subs...

#1 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17314 posts) -

So on default settings of all subbing at 50, this game is seriously fucking obsessed with sticking me with all shitty secondaries and it is flat out ruining the damn game for me.

Being from Michigan I decided to try and support my Lions. They have some all-star players there so I could do a lot worse off.

Welp now I try and play and I never see this fucking players on the field. It keeps forcing me to use second stringers making it impossible to do jack shit considering Shaun Hill apparently has one of the worse throwing arms in existence according to this game....

I see no Stafford and no Johnson. Bush at least comes out every now and then, but even then it doesn't want to use him for the running plays. No starting QB and no fucking all-star receiver whom the team really relies on for offense.

I could understand more if this happened only some of the time, but it literally has stuck me with all subs for my 2 pre-season games. I even turned down all the sub stats to 0 before my second game after having the subs for the entire game. That game I at least had my regular team playing on first possession including Bush being the go to man for the rushing plays. After that first possession though, I was once again stuck with subs for the entire rest of the game....

After losing to the PoS Browns thanks to this problem, I need to figure out what I have to do to stop this or I am seriously going to trade this game in....

I haven't owned a Madden game in forever so dealing with all this team management is something I am trying to learn here (which this game really sucks ass at helping out newbies). I can handle trying and get used to good play calling and such, but if it won't let me use the freaking star players I have for my team then none of that shit even matters...

Help please?

#2 Edited by Acidrush1 (532 posts) -

I haven't had this problem. Are you playing preseason in franchise mode? Because, it sounds like it. If you are that happens so more players can progress and become better. This then stops in the regular season.

It works like the real nfl preseason. In the first and last preseason game, the starters play like one drive and the two middle games they play like half the game.

#3 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17314 posts) -

I haven't had this problem. Are you playing preseason in franchise mode? Because, it sounds like it. If you are that happens so more players can progress and become better. This then stops in the regular season.

It works like the real nfl preseason. In the first and last preseason game, the starters play like one drive and the two middle games they play like half the game.

Yeah I figured out after the fact that this was the pre-season in action and have not had the problem since! I just simulate my pre-season games now...

#4 Posted by feelinamazin420 (8 posts) -