Haven't picked up a football game since NFL 2K5, but I might buy Madden 25....

#1 Posted by amdemartino (276 posts) -

Was a big fan of NFL 2K5 , but there was always something I didn't like about madden all these years, but I've like what I've seen so far from Madden 25.  Videos and some previews look good.  I even like the demo of NCAA Football 14.

Anyway hoping Madden 25 gets some good reviews this year.

What do you guys think of Madden 25 so far?

#2 Posted by Thesuperstar2k (372 posts) -
Same shit
#3 Posted by Gamer4life89 (25 posts) -

Same shitThesuperstar2k

Well it's a football game. What are you expecting to happen? A player hologram to come out of the screen and start talking to you? Of course it's going to be the same GAME every year with little tweaks and improvements. 

To the OP this years madden I think will be the best one they have ever made. We will see. (Ive played them all)

#4 Posted by Touchdown65 (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thesuperstar2k"]Same shitGamer4life89

Well it's a football game. What are you expecting to happen? A player hologram to come out of the screen and start talking to you? Of course it's going to be the same GAME every year with little tweaks and improvements. 

To the OP this years madden I think will be the best one they have ever made. We will see. (Ive played them all)

No but some new presentation like a half time show and having the recivers jump for balls and corner backs not drop every pass that isn't head on would be nice. 2k had sports center each week and a decent halftime show.
#5 Posted by Hermes33 (324 posts) -

Well, I still enjoy 2K5 because in my opinion I think it was.. sorry, IS the last good NFL videogame (with updated rosters). If, like me and a few friends are doing, you refuse to buy Madden, then perhaps one day in our lifetime the NFL will finally get the message that we aren't happy about the current license situation? If you buy Madden before that happens, it's likely that will never happen and EA will continue to put out the same rubbish, year after year. Gullible gamers who naively continue buying Madden are preventing the rest of us who are patiently waiting for the return of 2K Sports to the competition so we can choose what game to buy for ourselves. I'm not saying you can't have your Madden if that's what you want, but you are stopping the rest of us NFL fans from having any choice. Even if Madden 25 was a good game, it's necessary to boycott until we have that choice.

When EA's sales figures drop low enough they will probably blame it on "piracy" rather than ever admit they make bad videogames or acnowledge the fact that thousands of NFL fans around the world are boycotting.

Ask yourself the question, if EA Tiberon were so confident and capable of making great NFL videogames, why would they need an exclusive contract so nobody else can try? Join us and boycott EA.

#6 Posted by squidbilly22 (115 posts) -
I agree 2K makes the best sports games period for both consoles and PC. EA is like a wicked stepmother beating you senseless year after year and cutting off your allowance however i gotta play football so i buy it. If i knew were to get NFL 2K5 with updated rosters i would buy it , how about sharing your secret with the rest of us so we can boycott them too eh ?
#7 Posted by KCChiefsDude (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="Thesuperstar2k"]Same shitGamer4life89

the point is that they never do make the gameplay better or work on improvements. Same BS garbage every year.
#8 Posted by chenzo22 (344 posts) -
i always thought 2k06 madden with mcnabb on the cover was the last great madden. i didnt play last years madden but i heard it was really good.
#9 Posted by laplace985 (128 posts) -

The irony is Madden 25 have adopted most of the best elements from 2K5. Play the demo, the defensive and offensive controls are 95percent the same lol. The hard to stop running game is exactly like 2K5's. Someone from visual concepts had to be working on Madden 25 because it's to much alike. The good news is if you are a NFL 2K5 fan that have yet to buy a madden; this will be the one to buy. Never thought I would say that about madden lol.

#10 Posted by Hermes33 (324 posts) -

I agree 2K makes the best sports games period for both consoles and PC. EA is like a wicked stepmother beating you senseless year after year and cutting off your allowance however i gotta play football so i buy it. If i knew were to get NFL 2K5 with updated rosters i would buy it , how about sharing your secret with the rest of us so we can boycott them too eh ?squidbilly22

Yeah I know what you mean bro, but we can't keep giving EA our money when they're clearly laughing at us now? Have a look for NFL 2K5 to buy on Amazon (or ebay) and your rosters from somewhere like the Operation Sports forums or wait, here's where I usually get mine: http://nfl2k5rosters.com Have a look around the site, there's some PC tools to fix the season like Finns 2K5 Editor that can edit your franchise, season schedule, coaches, players, etc. For Xbox/360 as well as PS2/3.

Just saw this little Madden 25 review, what do you think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBsqt22BIrI :D

I'm not totally against Madden as it's still a fun game w/ friends fo sho. I just miss the whole simulation aspect and TV sports presentation of 2K style and hopefully MLB The Show team might pick up the ball where EA fumbled. Enjoy the season!

#11 Posted by Carpe_Noctum (1369 posts) -

A friend of mine told me recently that EAs contract is up this year and that he and others are writing the NFL about not renewing it. I figure it can't hurt so I'm writing them as well. There are actually a lot of people that still consider NFL2K5 the best football sim and still play it yearly.

#12 Posted by Legolose (536 posts) -

A friend of mine told me recently that EAs contract is up this year and that he and others are writing the NFL about not renewing it. I figure it can't hurt so I'm writing them as well. There are actually a lot of people that still consider NFL2K5 the best football sim and still play it yearly.

Carpe_Noctum
LOL !!! Good Luck With that dude ...Really , you think your little letter is going to sway EA LOL !!! Good Luck... What a joke, You got to love these people that think one little letter is going to sway a major company from making "MONEY" !!!!
#13 Posted by Horndawgie (27 posts) -
Been playing 2K4 for the last week after getting another PS2. The game has been in my closet the last 9 years. It's so much more fun than Madden 13 and less cheap tactics from the AI on higher difficulty. Adjustable sliders. I thought about getting 25 but a few reviews on Youtube from bloggers who already have the game convinced me to hold off. Maybe used on a few months. Picking up 2K5 tomorrow instead. I have low hopes for next gen if they continue to hold license rights. They have had 8 years to get it together on this gen and still can't beat 2K5. Sad. Very sad.
#14 Posted by Hermes33 (324 posts) -

True words bro, true words. Writing letters of complaint and petitions might sound like good ideas in theory, but in practice, I mean in the real world, you don't write letters to a criminal organization and expect them to file it anywhere else but in the trashcan? Nah, they disrespect us gamers and take us for fools. They won't listen to reason. The only way to make a change is to stop throwing our money at EA until we can nullify the NFL contract. There is a reason EA was voted 'worst company in America', and the whole Madden situation, I tend to think, is a significant slice of that reason? EA Voted 'Worst Company in America' Again

What makes it worse for me is I love and respect John Madden the man. What a travesty... how EA trashed and abused that good gentleman's name, putting it on acradish buggy trash like this... damn, John needs to buy his own name back!

#15 Posted by willfeclhman (25 posts) -
Couldn't agree more. what a terrible way to end the ps3/xbox360 era. Seems like a really lame effort from the Madden team this year. It's sad to think that they have brought back old stuff (like owner mode) they never should've taken out. Not a great way to celebrate 25 years.