So is the only thing wrong with this game NO franchise mode or fantasy draft??

#1 Posted by Evarod48 (53 posts) -

I've seen a decent amount of good reviews for this game, but a lot of people seem to be pretty angry about some of the previous features being removed. If I only play this game for exhibitions and season modes, will this game also be a disappointment. I thought the demo was fun to play. 

#2 Posted by flox25 (606 posts) -

I've seen a decent amount of good reviews for this game, but a lot of people seem to be pretty angry about some of the previous features being removed. If I only play this game for exhibitions and season modes, will this game also be a disappointment. I thought the demo was fun to play.

Evarod48

You're going to find a lot of differing opinions on this one... but my personal belief is the game is the best version since 2006. The new gameplay engine is much better, and the game is a lot less glitchy. There are still some balancing problems, and people still cheese like crazy online.

As far as the franchise mode, basically Connected Careers is the new "franchise" mode. It isn't as in-depth as the old franchise mode, which angers a lot of people, with good reason. And right now, there is NOT a fantasy draft option. There is also no player editing, though EA said they may be adding that soon.

I play mostly Ultimate Team, which I think is fantastic. So to me, this game is great. I think its definitely worth buying if you don't solely play franchise mode. I've also played as Walter Payton, and created myself in Connected Careers. Both have been fun. The gameplay has improved drastically from last year. But they did trim down the game modes...

#4 Posted by litttlejohn (2247 posts) -

There are still other bugs, but it simply doesnt gather as much attention as the fantasy drafting (which is verified to be  coming for online play at least as a start) and editing players options fans were dumbfounded to see removed. There are indeed other bugs exploits and glitches to be found, but we can say the same every single year. I personally think, when it works, it plays better than past games but at the same time I feel when the problems show up, they really stick out. The two big hard to notice problems i see are for one, the physics system.  is sort of in its infancy so i doubt anyone expected it to be perfect but every so often you will get hit and contorted into the most unnatural looking ways you could imagine. I also once tried sstepping over my fallen lineman and my running back acted like he stepped on a landmine. (it should also be noted witht he physics engine you now can be tripped up by your own players rather easily. I couldn't pull my guard against a 4 3 defence on a toss because he wiill pull, not have a read on the linebacker upfield to block and instead turn back and push my player over constantly..... it was hilarious and yet at the same time so frustrating to have to play 10 v 12 football. )

The other noticable issue, that seems is always an issue is CPU AI. there is a random tendancy that out of the blue the defence you play against will line up in a brand new way that I have never seen before in an attempt to see if you can laugh so hard you get a delay of game. For some reason, out of nowhere if you try running hurry up plays the defence will just fail terribly. If I was running low on clock time by the goal line and go into hurry up after a 1st and 4 that failed instead of going back into a goaline defence or anything resembling an effective stategy the defence will line up in a two man front, where they line up on the tackles man up and give me a good 7 yard radius of empsty space around my center. you would think they were afraid of the football.

#5 Posted by Evarod48 (53 posts) -

thank you both for your imput, it makes me think waiting a year may be the best option and see if EA makes the tweaks to the physics engine and other upgrades. I don't know if I'll be able to live without a football game tho :)