Still no review

#1 Posted by TomJimJack (164 posts) -

Almost a week has passed since LC release and still no review on Gamespot. What's the matter GS editors? Can't make up your mind on which way to go or still waiting for that last minute bribe? 

#2 Posted by b0sse (255 posts) -

Indeed.

They've been weeks late with a lot of reviews lately. Very unreliable.

GameSpot, Y U NO Lollipop Chainsaw review?

#3 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
I know, they can post an interview with Suda 51 on the idea but no review.
#4 Posted by TomJimJack (164 posts) -

I hope this doesn't become a trend of GS. After Dragon's Dogma when days went by until Kevin decided to write a review many new games with genuine new ideas are waiting in pages of GS unreviewed. What is going on here?

#5 Posted by moseph187 (80 posts) -

With Dragon's Dogma I was pleased that they took there time to play through all the game before writing a review instead of playing a few hours and rushing out a review aahhmm"IGN"aaahmm

#6 Posted by TakitusMaximus (578 posts) -

You people do realize that not all companys send out review copies.  This means the reviewers have to wait until release to pick up a copy and play through it thoroughly enough to put out a decent review.  And don't forget they have other job responsibilities on top of reviewing multiple games at once.  Is it that big of a deal to wait 1 whole week for a review?

#7 Posted by TheBellum (21 posts) -
http://www.gamespot.com/lollipop-chainsaw/reviews/lollipop-chainsaw-review-6382717/
#8 Posted by TomJimJack (164 posts) -

It's a review site man if they don't deliver that in time what's the use of coming here at all?

#9 Posted by TheBellum (21 posts) -

It's a review site man if they don't deliver that in time what's the use of coming here at all?

TomJimJack
Think of it this way: They're a large review site that reviews multiple games at the same time. I'm also sure their staff is just as limited in number as most other review sites. On top of that, if they weren't given an advanced copy of the game, it means they had to play through it to get a good feel for it before reviewing it. Lollipop Chainsaw has only been out for one week now. Personally, I don't think it's fair for anyone to review this game (or any other game, for that matter) until they've played through every mode of the game and/or earned most of the game's achievements/trophies. In Lollipop Chainsaw's case, that means one playthrough of the easy/normal difficulty setting, one playthrough of the hard/very hard difficulty setting, and one playthrough of the ranked difficulty setting. It also means fully upgrading Juliet to see how her strength, health, and recovery evolve over the course of the game, buying all of the combos to get a good feel for how each of them works and what situations they're useful in, buying all of the MP3s and concept art to get a good idea of how much work went into them, buying all of the costumes to get a good idea of how each of them looks in various aspects of gameplay, etc. In my opinion, any review that *didn't* take all of that into consideration is worth completely ignoring as it's underwritten and missed out on a lot of aspects of the game. That's just me, though.
#10 Posted by EvolutionBaby (931 posts) -

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

TheBellum

Think of it this way: They're a large review site that reviews multiple games at the same time. I'm also sure their staff is just as limited in number as most other review sites. On top of that, if they weren't given an advanced copy of the game, it means they had to play through it to get a good feel for it before reviewing it. Lollipop Chainsaw has only been out for one week now. Personally, I don't think it's fair for anyone to review this game (or any other game, for that matter) until they've played through every mode of the game and/or earned most of the game's achievements/trophies. In Lollipop Chainsaw's case, that means one playthrough of the easy/normal difficulty setting, one playthrough of the hard/very hard difficulty setting, and one playthrough of the ranked difficulty setting. It also means fully upgrading Juliet to see how her strength, health, and recovery evolve over the course of the game, buying all of the combos to get a good feel for how each of them works and what situations they're useful in, buying all of the MP3s and concept art to get a good idea of how much work went into them, buying all of the costumes to get a good idea of how each of them looks in various aspects of gameplay, etc. In my opinion, any review that *didn't* take all of that into consideration is worth completely ignoring as it's underwritten and missed out on a lot of aspects of the game. That's just me, though.

+1 to this.

#11 Posted by Oldstarref (7 posts) -

I really dont mind if they take a while to review the game, surely it means time and effort is going into their work?

I could be wrong though.

#12 Posted by TakitusMaximus (578 posts) -

TomJimJack

Are you so incredibly impatient that you can't wait one whole week for a review?  There are many other game review sites that you could visit.  Is there absolutely nothing else going on in your life?  Do you just sit at your computer and wait for reviews to appear?  For your sake and mine, I hope GS keeps this up so you either learn to be patient or just stop visiting this site.

#14 Posted by TheBellum (21 posts) -

@ all the wankers sucking at GS tit: What I do with my time is only my concern so fock off whoever tries to tell me what to do or what to say!

GS bombards each day viewers with publicity of new games and if they can't back them up with recent reviews they better close this site than wait for the occasional bribe or the fans reactions before posting them. Games like Lollipop Chainsaw and Dragon's Dogma were not everyday run of the mill games that GS usually treats and this explains their fear to take a new direction into treating recently released games.

Finally this site claims to bring the latest news and information and reviews enter in this category. If their team is so lazy at playing video games that it takes a week to give reviews I advice them to change their reviewers!

TomJimJack

All I got from that was "I'm spoiled. Every time I don't get my way, I'm going to throw a temper tantrum and make a complete buffoon out of myself. If you disagree with me for any reason, I'm also going to completely ignore everything you said and resort to insulting you because I never learned how to act my age."

#16 Posted by TheBellum (21 posts) -

That's how fanboy tit sucking nerdy wankers talk from their parent's basement!

TomJimJack

Just going to go ahead and disregard all of your future posts. That last one makes it pretty evident that your only intention here is to cause problems.

#18 Posted by EvolutionBaby (931 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheBellum"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

TomJimJack

Just going to go ahead and disregard all of your future posts. That last one makes it pretty evident that your only intention here is to cause problems.

The only persons I have a problem with are geeks who try beyond their abilities and asskissers. You embody both of them so you become a problem just by existing!

There's a big difference between being an "asskisser" and using common sense. Like it or not, TheBellum is showing the latter and you're just going out of your way to ignore him. On top of that, you're calling him names, you're insulting him when there's nothing to merit it, etc.

Just for the sake of argument, though, I'd rather be an "asskisser" than an immature troll who has nothing better to do than constantly **** and moan about how others disagree with me on the internet.

#20 Posted by EvolutionBaby (931 posts) -

[QUOTE="EvolutionBaby"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

[QUOTE="TheBellum"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

TomJimJack

The only persons I have a problem with are geeks who try beyond their abilities and asskissers. You embody both of them so you become a problem just by existing!

There's a big difference between being an "asskisser" and using common sense. Like it or not, TheBellum is showing the latter and you're just going out of your way to ignore him. On top of that, you're calling him names, you're insulting him when there's nothing to merit it, etc.

Just for the sake of argument, though, I'd rather be an "asskisser" than an immature troll who has nothing better to do than constantly **** and moan about how others disagree with me on the internet.

And you are being just that, just another asskisser adding to the list. The issue here was of a whole other nature and as always geeks and wankers like you tried to wuss it up so you fall right in the same category too!

And the ****ing and moaning continues.

#22 Posted by EvolutionBaby (931 posts) -

[QUOTE="EvolutionBaby"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

[QUOTE="EvolutionBaby"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

[QUOTE="TheBellum"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

TomJimJack

And you are being just that, just another asskisser adding to the list. The issue here was of a whole other nature and as always geeks and wankers like you tried to wuss it up so you fall right in the same category too!

Said the asskissing wanker!

I rest my case.

#23 Posted by TomJimJack (164 posts) -

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

[QUOTE="EvolutionBaby"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

[QUOTE="EvolutionBaby"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

[QUOTE="TheBellum"]

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

EvolutionBaby

Said the asskissing wanker!

I rest my case.

You never had any!

#25 Posted by TomJimJack (164 posts) -

That is weak even for someone of your standards! If this site actually supports people like you that's it for all I care!

#26 Posted by EvolutionBaby (931 posts) -

If this site actually supports people like you that's it for all I care!

TomJimJack

Ditto.

Edit: The moderators deleted almost every post you had in this thread. I guess this site doesn't support people like you after all.

#29 Posted by Xlite56 (4 posts) -

[QUOTE="TomJimJack"]

If this site actually supports people like you that's it for all I care!

EvolutionBaby

Ditto.

Edit: The moderators deleted almost every post you had in this thread. I guess this site doesn't support people like you after all.

Honest opinions always cause fear in minds of ignorant people! Censure is ignorance!