Combat/battles isn't as fun?

#1 Posted by Felldrak (2 posts) -
I don't know if it's just me, but the combat and battles just don't seem as fun in Lego LotR as in previous games such as Lego SWII. I have put this down to several things: *When fired, arrows don't go towards the second player. In LSWII, if you were to stand roughly facing another player or an object, then when you pressed the fire button it would move the character slightly so the projectile would hit it. The devs just seem to have disabled this for players i.e. arrows will hit objects (rocks, plants etc.) however not players. *LotR is famous for its epic battle such as Helm's Deep and Pelennor Fields. I find it incredibly frustrating that, in said levels, you can't join the fray or actually partake in the battle. You end up simply fenced in by other soldiers and are forced to fight a boss battle. Its not even like its impossible due to hardware requirements. LSWIII showed that the Wii (since thats what I have many Lego games on) was capable of supporting large groups of characters. *Also, in the two levels I mentioned, there are sections where your horse runs along a set path and you simply have to press the attack button. I have two problems with this. Firstly, it makes minikits really easy to miss as you gallop past quickly. Secondly, it seems like TT have taken a step backwards. The way these sections play out feels extremely similar to those annoying ship levels in the first LSW. I remember being really pleased at the freedom given by the new type of ship level in LSWII. *There is a noticeable lack of minifigs in the overworld/hub. Mos Eisley Cantina and Barnett College had minifigs wandering around. There are places like this in the game such as Bree and Hobbiton, however these are near the start and as you progress, it tends to feel very lonely and unfinished in the rest Middle-Earth. Fair enough, the Pass of Caradhras wouldnt be buzzing with activity, but some patrols of Uruk-Hai or Rohirrim wouldnt go amiss to populate Isengard or Edoras. tl;dr, the old fun of being able to destroy other minifigs for the sake of it is gone. Anyways, I'd like to see what other people think about this matter.