A fun and worthy sequel to the first two Lego Star Wars games.

User Rating: 7 | LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars PS3
Lego Star Wars 3 follows the animated series based around the Clone Wars. While I have never watched this show, I am interested in doing so after playing this game. You know a Lego game is great when you want to see the source material after playing through the game...especially if you've never seen it before. Although Lego Star Wars 3 still possesses a lot of the major problems that the first two had, it is still a fun game.

GAMEPLAY - If you've played any other Lego games, especially Lego Star Wars, everything should feel perfectly familiar. The two main types of units are Jedi and those who use blasters. What makes this game very interesting though is that there is a RTS aspect to it. Some levels are based around the idea of zone control and constructing armies. While this feels a little odd at first, especially since there is no formal tutorial, once you've grasped the ideas behind it, you realize that this is a nice addition to the Lego formula. You have to wonder just how well this gets across to the younger audience of gamers, but for those who can figure it out, this is a lot of fun. Overall this is a fun gameplay experience, and is only plagued by respawning enemies and the occasional puzzle that takes much longer than it should to solve. - 7.5/10

STORY - Once again, this will be a N/A since the story here can be found by watching the source material. This doesn't try to expand or retell it all that well. - N/A

GRAPHICS - The graphics for this game are pretty good. They have sort of a more cartoonish feel since the source material is a cartoon, and this doesn't bother me. These are definitely some of the best of all the Lego games. - 8/10

SOUND - Again, Lego games aren't all that great when it comes to this area. I even felt like the music was lacking, but that may just be because I haven't seen the show and am not accustomed to the music presented here. - 5.5/10

LENGTH/REPLAY VALUE - This is definitely one of the shorter Lego games, unfortunately. Plus a lot of the levels tend to be the same thing (RTS levels, vehicle levels, etc). Still, there is a ton to unlock, and a lot to explore. I wouldn't say the value here is all that great, but it's not all that bad either. A lot of it comes from the fact that you can play online skirmishes on the RTS maps with other people. - 7/10

BOTTOM LINE - While the score may not reflect it, this is one of the best Lego games to date. Fans of these games, fans of Lego Star Wars, and fans of the show this is based on should have a great time with this one. It doesn't leave newcomers in the dark, and is a blast to play with a friend. For those who don't enjoy Lego games, you won't find anything new here to interest you. This game is just a lot of fun if you're a fan of what it is. - 7/10