The Same Kalypso...

#1 Posted by CaptainScrubby (346 posts) -

The Same Kalypso that released Dungeons, a game so bland and devoid of content that even those few who liked it claimed it belonged on an I-Pad or Facebook and should have cost much less.

The Same Kalypso that released Disciples III with such horrendous voice acting and so full of bugs that people couldn't even install the North American release, and to this day is reviewed as a buggy game with terrible voice acting (which is still fun, but has a lot of wasted potential).

The same Kalypso that made "Tropico 4" which was pretty much just a small expansion pack for Tropico 3, charged as a full game?

That Kalypso?

And they're releasing Legends of the Pegasus, anyone thinking about buying this should wait for credible user reviews and remember Kalypso's track record.

#2 Posted by Huggy_Monster (28 posts) -

One major thing you overlooked about kalypso however, they release ok games that was lacking BUT.....

BUT... they listened to there communinty and made many massive gameplay alterations which give there games mch more life.

The important thing here, they learn from there players, so don't be too harsh on them

#3 Posted by BlackDevil99 (2329 posts) -

Yeah, I am interested, but will definitly wait for reviews. Luckily Endless Space just came out, that's looking pretty good.

#4 Posted by therealFrek (679 posts) -

I don't know about the others mentioned but Tropico (all 3 of them) were pretty fun games. I don't recall having any issues playing any of them.

Not saying I'm going to pre-order, I'll wait until theres some reviews out, but lets not knock the game before we know anything about it.

#5 Posted by Mystoksor (1082 posts) -

I don't know about the others mentioned but Tropico (all 3 of them) were pretty fun games. I don't recall having any issues playing any of them.

Not saying I'm going to pre-order, I'll wait until theres some reviews out, but lets not knock the game before we know anything about it.

therealFrek

QFT. Tropico may have been a tad light on depth, but it had humor and was overall a pretty entertaining series. Given the two great 4x titles that just released, I'm in no hurry to preorder this game, but I'd be more than happy to put down $40 if it gets good reviews, an event I wouldn't discount just going by Dungeons.

#6 Posted by terminus (211 posts) -

I find it funny that Kalypso is taking stabs at SOASE.......really? Good luck comparing this game to a great "and proven" game like Sins.

#7 Posted by joelruig (2 posts) -
NOPE! So buggy you cant tell if it is good game or not. Spent 6 hours trying to play the game. It belongs back in ALPHA. It is simply NOT READY FOR RELEASE!
#8 Posted by vihazur (124 posts) -

What happened to the Kalypso that released Tropico 3???  That was really good, and not just in a rehash of Tropico 2 sort of way...