HoA - Goes beyond the Game [EUW]

#1 Posted by Clan_HoA (25 posts) -
Horsemen of Apocalypse Hey guys! And thank you for checking this recruitment thread! We here in HoA have a community within many games focusing on friendship and simply enjoying ourselves whilst playing! Games included currently are League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Minecraft, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 and Warcraft III. Each of these games are drastically different, but united in the theme of togetherness! We're a passionate and enthusiastic group of dedicated gamers of all skill levels. We're spending our time both simply playing the game, and also on teamspeak discussing games, tactics or just simply talking! Also in HoA we have some competitive teams. What this means is that when you've joined, you can join a team, or create your own, to play ranked matches and maybe some small tournaments. In doing this, you'll also recieve help from our Team Manager who assists in setting up scrims and finds tournaments that are relevant to your team, as well as other small tasks that needs doing to help out your team. This may or may not include sending him to get coffee and donuts or making him carry your luggage. On the social side, HoA appreciates that our members are active and talkative. Humor is also a very good thing to have, within reason! A clan without social interaction and making bad jokes is just a bunch of people playing the same game, and that's not what we're wanting. As for what we want from our members, one of the main points in HoA is an absence of flaming, raging and similar inequalities. We expect our members to treat people like you would want yourself treated. By this we mean that if you like to play fun games where people help each other out rather than flaming because they missed that initial final blow on a creep, HoA should be perfect for you! As mentioned before, we also want our members to be socially active, and therefore we expect a certain amount of activity. To help with these things, we have a dedicated TS3 server, our own forums and we have set up a chat room in the client where you are already before joining welcome to come in and ask questions and check things out. We also have weekly events both in-game and outside the box! For example, we recently had a karaoke event with lots of people singing shrilly and not following the beat at all :D There have also been attempts at digitizing chocolate chip cookies to spread them via TS, but they have as yet been unsuccesful. (Either that, or our community leader Horizon is eating them all before anyone else can get to them!) So, having read all this you're probably wondering where you can find us and how to contact us. Wonder no more, here is all you need: - In-game we can be found on EU West, in the chatroom HoA. (We're solely based on EUW at this point.) - Our website is found at http://www.clan-hoa.com/ and our application form can be found at http://www.join.clan-hoa.com/ - You're also quite welcome to ask anything you like in this thread! - Lastly you can contact any of the following admins ingame: EuroUmbra (LoL Leader) HoA Torimaru (Public Relations) Bloodrevenge (LoL Advisor) *Finally, do note that we try to have all applications answered within 24-48 hours. Please be as detailed as you can and spend those extra 30 seconds to fill out the form!
#2 Posted by Zanthrus (158 posts) -

As a former clan member I highly recommend that you DO NOT join this clan.

The clan is all about who you know. The leadership are for the majority rl friends (there's a few exceptions) and throw their weight around pretty recklessly. I left after seeing a few people kicked. Some were kicked for genuine reasons, others for ridiculous reasons. The way they handle kicking members is incredibly poor and unprofessional, going out of their way to ensure the kicked member can't find their way onto a new team/clan again in the future.

Basically, I didn't enjoy my time in this clan at all. If you are indeed looking for a clan to play with, the one I eventually stuck with after trying a few (HoA, eXe and NexusCore) is a clan called Zealot Gaming if you wanna google them. Really positive atmosphere and really great group of guys to be playing with.

#3 Posted by Clan_HoA (25 posts) -
I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us was this negative, Zanthrus. Perhaps you'd be willing to tell me more of what went on as you saw it, and perhaps we can learn from it in the future. That said though, there is always a reason when someone is kicked from HoA. It could be inactivity, or it could be unacceptable behaviour. This is done to make sure that the atmosphere within the clan remains peaceful and enjoyable.
#4 Posted by Zanthrus (158 posts) -

Like I said. I didn't always disagree with the reasoning behind why people were kicked. It was the way it was done that I didn't like. A clan wide announcement saying "We have kicked so and so for doing this." when they'd been in the clan for 2 days isn't necessary. Maybe if they were a long term, respected member I could understand but someone new.

Secondly going to the LoL forums and posting in their new LFG thread saying to not take him because he doesn't respect the leadership. I find that ridiculously unprofessional. It's like firing someone and anytime they go for a job interview you show up and say "Yea, but he did this so don't hire him."

Finally the overall leadership structure I had major issues with. There was too much 'its about who you know' in the clan. The leadership while trying to sell this friendly, open image. If you play a game with Horizon, I personally found him to be the most toxic player I played with in the clan. And I firmly believe this is because he sees himself as untouchable due to being supreme leader. But hey, I don't really care that much. I've found a new clan and am happy in it.

#5 Posted by 1devasso (25 posts) -
Hi, I'm Mendoca and i'm on the HoA clan for about 2 weeks. I have already some past experiences with other communities/clan and till now this is the best, for a lot, that i found. I saw Zanthrus saying somethings about the HoA, somethings are just pure lies, other he just get some truth in the subject and turn that a huge thing of a really small thing. First of all i will talk about people getting kicked. I don't get Zanthrus problem about the "public" display of who is getting kicked out of clan(is not really public cause only members can see the list). I think is a good thing cause we can discus if we don't agree with some kick and we can see the reasons behind the bans.And probably the "ridiculous" are caused by the fact that admins are human like all, and like all of us (at least for me is like this) we don't like to kick people just like that, and probably this will delay the kick for sometime and then when they kick it they kick it for other " ridiculous" reason, but the problem is that they already did something wrong in the past and probably they don't regreat it. But still if we don't know the reasons behind the " ridiculous" reasons maybe would be good idea say that on the forum when you were on the clan and get it better or understand all the things that happen before maybe leave, get other clan and then come here and just talk trash about something that you don't undertand well........ Second of all i will talk about the clan atmosphere. I, like i said up there, join the clan 2 weeks ago, and till now i already get to know almost all guys on clan. Why ? Cause i care about it and want it. I'm on a community, and i'm new so i do my best to get to know all and start to talk and know more about the clan members. Ofc that if you just sit there and wait that all members go to you and just talk to you without you even try, you will never get to know barely n1. They have people to do this kind of job anyway, but if the member is just not caring about that, they can't do much about. The guys in charge of it help the members that want to be an active part of the clan, and that have to come from the members, so if you don't like the stay in here Zanthrus, was probably your foult. To finish i just have 2 things to say. First to Zanthrus :

It's like firing someone and anytime they go for a job interview you show up and say "Yea, but he did this so don't hire him"..

Zanthrus
Why complain about this when you do exactly the same thing here and when you don't know even what you were talking about ? (next time just ask the full version of the facts before talk about something cause you are wrong :) And the second thing is: If you want and be a active part of a good community, come and join HoA. Have a good structure, friendly guys (like me ^^) and a lot of people wanting to help each and other (if you are willing to do that ) Hope to see you guys on game, Mendoca
#6 Posted by SteelDragonCro (25 posts) -
Hello, I'm SteelDragon I'm part of the HoA for about 2 weeks like my mate Mendoca in the post or two above. I have red what you Zanthrus said, and I can say that I dissagre with you at all points. You said that for example Horizon, is a toxic player. I have no idea with who you playd but I am 100 percent shure that he is not toxic player... I playd with him few games, some where bad some where great, and I belive that me and the rest of the team had fun with it.. I have been in the clan for 2 weeks, and I have only playd with the friendly and nice ppl. People who have fun, who trol when we all agree to trol, who can play great when we agree. People with who I was talking on a teamspeak, where offering advices and evrything... Maybe you had a bad luck, maybe someone dident have a good day, or I just dont know to many people in the clan, but from my personal expirience, I can say to you mate, that what you wrote is wrong.
#7 Posted by Zanthrus (158 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zanthrus"]

It's like firing someone and anytime they go for a job interview you show up and say "Yea, but he did this so don't hire him"..

Mendoca

Why complain about this when you do exactly the same thing here and when you don't know even what you were talking about ? (next time just ask the full version of the facts before talk about something cause you are wrong :) And the second thing is: If you want and be a active part of a good community, come and join HoA. Have a good structure, friendly guys (like me ^^) and a lot of people wanting to help each and other (if you are willing to do that ) Hope to see you guys on game, Mendoca

What I've done is completely different. I've said "This employer is terrible, don't get a job with them."... You can't even make a comparison there to be honest.

I spent about 3 months in HoA. I got to know people, frequently invited other members to normal 5's matches. I will agree with you that there are nice members there. However, a clan's leadership is the most important thing when you think about the long term. And this clan's leadership is terrible.

I left about 6 months ago now, so maybe things have changed, though I'm doubtful. The leadership's still the same, and that's always going to prevent this clan becoming something great in the long term

#8 Posted by Clan_HoA (25 posts) -
I appreciate hearing your story Zanthrus, and we'll take these things into consideration! That said, much has changed these past 6 months and what I hear from our current members is that they're having a good time and enjoying being with us. Also, if anyone has any questions about how things work in HoA, feel free to ask!
#9 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
Hello guys! Hopefully some of you will still be interested in joining please feel free to direct any questions to me! www.clan-hoa.com www.join.clan-hoa.com Hope to see some of you soon!
#10 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Any questions or the like, either message me on the forums or on here! Forum: www.forum.clan-hoa.com Website: www.clan-hoa.com Application form: www.join.clan-hoa.com
#11 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
Keep the applications coming guys! And as ever, have a great night and ask any questions you like! Forum: www.forum.clan-hoa.com Website: www.clan-hoa.com Application form: www.join.clan-hoa.com
#12 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
How is everyone finding pre-season? I'm failing at ranked >< Have a good night guys, and keep up the LoLing! Forum: www.forum.clan-hoa.com Website: www.clan-hoa.com Application form: www.join.clan-hoa.com
#13 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
The new patch is live, I don't know about you guys but I am so excited! Hope too see more applications through now the game has changed! Happy Summoning! Forum: www.forum.clan-hoa.com Website: www.clan-hoa.com Application form: www.join.clan-hoa.com
#14 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
Hope everyone is finding the new patch good! I think the HUD is a lot better and the new items are brilliant! As always guys, hope to see more of you soon! Forum: www.forum.clan-hoa.com Website: www.clan-hoa.com Application form: www.join.clan-hoa.com
#15 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
Mixed thoughts on the new patch, for me jungling is so much stranger, need to sort my gank paths out! Keep the applications coming, brilliant too see more of you! Happy summoning! Forum: www.forum.clan-hoa.com Website: www.clan-hoa.com Application form: www.join.clan-hoa.com
#16 Posted by Clan_HoA (25 posts) -

Wow, Penguin, mix up a bit! xD
If you wanna talk, just ask me.
I'm here for ya. :)

#17 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -

Hope everyone had a good New Year and Christmas!

Our admin staff are back up too speed (albeit a little fatter) and still taking questions, happy 2013 everyone!

Forum: www.forum.clan-hoa.com
Application form: www.join.clan-hoa.com

#18 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -

I wanna see more Bro skins xD

BroMundo!

BroDarius!

BroSion! :D

#19 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -

Tonight we're organizing a base race, whoever gets killed by the spawn-laser-epic-OP-turret 10 times first, wins!

Join the fun!

#20 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
I'm quite excited about the new champion being released soon, Thresh! Anybody got any idea when he will be released?
#21 Posted by HoAPenguin (25 posts) -
Besides all kinds of fun events in LoL, we also do more serious stuff like tournaments. Right now we're halfway through our first 1v1 tournament of this year. The next tournament is already announced for february, perhaps you want to join us to show us what you got?
#22 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -
We have a very active community with around 20+ people on during most times, so there is always someone to queue up with :) Why play alone when you could play with others?
#23 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -
For the foreseeable future we will be hosting almost daily events! If you have any questions regarding what kind of events he host, when we host them or whatever else you can think about ask ahead :)
#24 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -
With the new patch rolled in I hope it'll be worthwhile to play some ranked again :)
#25 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -
Ranked queue has been frustrating recently.... Maybe I'll just stick to normals
#26 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

Just won two ranked. Duo queue is fun xD

#27 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

Was great fun getting to know you guys better yesterday :)

#28 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

Taric is just way too OP in ranked xD

#29 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

We just started a new 1v1 tournament event! This is the second one we are hosting and there are probably more to come

#30 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

Today I had a great time playing custom games with y'all :)

#31 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

We had some in-house 5v5 games today!

#32 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

Wonder what the next champion will be like :O

#33 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

Had some more inhouse 5v5s today

#34 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

Heard that there's gonna be a Taric nerf incoming.  This makes me very sad :(

#35 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

We've got some new ranked teams looking for more members!

#36 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

The ranked games this week were pretty intense! Did any of you guys watch them?

#37 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

My holiday's over and it's time to go back to school.... No more ranked games for me :(

#38 Posted by HalfDeadly (25 posts) -

Tried Taric after the recent changes and he just... doesn't feel the same :(

#39 Posted by Ancient_Doom (25 posts) -
He has more use now outside of lane phase, and his W now scales with armor in damage. So he has actually had a decent buff. Frozen heart is now a very viable item for him. If not a main item.
#40 Posted by HoA_Handlebar (25 posts) -
What do you all think about ZAC? Ready to throw some slime around at youre enemies? I think he sounds hilarously funny to play!
#41 Posted by alello12124 (25 posts) -
Yeah i do hope that he has some value in Teamfights with his ultimate but before i've tried him i wont judge him as a strong 1v1 champ, whether it's in lane or counterjungling.
#42 Posted by Ghoulplayer (25 posts) -
He does have some teamfight value and he's a really "safe" counter jungler due to his sustain and damage output. i wonder where the next champ is gonna be placed
#43 Posted by alello12124 (25 posts) -
i wouldnt say ( or well i dont hope) that the next one will be a jungler, we need either a reasonable adc (not quinn :S) or a corki buff and i'm pleased :3
#44 Posted by Ghoulplayer (25 posts) -
So Lissandra has been leaked and i think it's a reasonable choice since the mid hasnt gotten much love lately, She seems really strong with her Hourglass ultimate Which also deals tons of damage.
#45 Posted by Bipboopbabopbop (25 posts) -
So i just saw Lissandras abilities on a sheet and it's gonna be the first one i'll buy Abilities Iceborn Every 18 seconds Lissandra's next ability costs no mana. Iceborn's cooldown is reduced by 1 second whenever Lissandra impairs an enemy's movement with an ability (does not apply to movement-impairing effects from items). Ice ShardRANGE: 725COOLDOWN: 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4COST: 85 mana ACTIVE: Throws a spear of ice that travels in a line and shatters when it hits an enemy, dealing magic damage and slowing its Movement Speed for 1.5 seconds. Shards then pass through the target, dealing the same damage to other enemies hit (but not slowing them). MAGIC DAMAGE: 75 / 110 / 145 / 180 / 215 (+ 65% AP) SLOW PERCENT: 16% / 19% / 22% / 25% / 28% Ring of FrostCOOLDOWN: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10COST: 70 mana ACTIVE: Freezes an area around Lissandra, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies and rooting them. MAGIC DAMAGE: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+ 60% AP) ROOT DURATION: 1.1 / 1.2 / 1.3 / 1.4 / 1.5 Glacial PathRANGE: 1050COOLDOWN: 24 / 21 / 18 / 15 / 12COST: 80 / 85 / 90 / 95 / 100 mana ACTIVE: Casts a claw of ice that moves forward in a line, dealing magic damage to all enemies hit. Reactivating this ability transports Lissandra to the claw's current location. MAGIC DAMAGE: 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+ 60% AP) Frozen TombCOOLDOWN: 130 / 105 / 80COST: 100 mana ACTIVE - ENEMY CAST: Freezes target champion solid, dealing magic damage and stunning it for 1.5 seconds. ACTIVE - SELF CAST: Lissandra encases herself in dark ice for 1.5 seconds, becoming untargetable and invulnerable but unable to take any actions. Dark ice then spreads from Lissandra's target dealing magic damage to enemies. The ice lasts for 3 seconds and slows enemy Movement Speed by 20%. MAGIC DAMAGE: 150 / 300 / 450 (+ 70% AP)
#46 Posted by alello12124 (25 posts) -
I truly hope that Lissandra becomes viable (from the looks of it she will aswell) but you cant really know untill you buy her, but if someone has played her on the PBE then i'd gladly hear about it :D
#47 Posted by Ancient_Doom (25 posts) -
I aint heard any anyone, but we truly wont know if she is viable until after she comes out and the people get all over her.
#48 Posted by alello12124 (25 posts) -

Damn you, dont piss on her brah

#49 Posted by Ghoulplayer (25 posts) -
i just saw an in-depth video of lissandra and i'm still positive that i will have her as my main