Join the dots and paint by numbers meets period Columbo

User Rating: 3.5 | L.A. Noire PS3
I'll keep it short. If you like games that make you think, consider your options and devise strategy. don't buy this game.

Such a brilliant idea destroyed by trying to play to the lowest denominator. A game that should have been aimed at people willing to put the time and patience into something, instead creating an experience as hollow as most Sun readers skulls.

Go to location. walk about location until controller shakes. press "x" until a tune sounds. now get in the car and drive to the next location. talk to a character and press one of three buttons in a similar fashion to "Deal or no deal" rinse, repeat and finally swap the game for something with guns and stuff getting blown up.

Why hasn't rockstar considered the fact that a detective game should allow the player to detect, I don't want to be told who i should talk to, when i should do it, where i should go and what i should do when i get there. Sure you need a certain structure to a game like this but if you're going to make an open world game, make an open world game! not an open world with nothing interesting to do in it what so ever.

So some interesting ideas. allow me to read a newspaper for recent activities such as parties, other crimes and important figures in the local area. talk to fellow detectives about their own cases. Search through the archives to fine similar crimes. set up sting operations. make decisions on who to stake out. miss things by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. buy off snitches and informants, Employ street kids to keep watch. attend the trials. have relations. make a choice on how what sort of cop I'd like to be, good cop bad cop..

OK it was Team Bandi but seriously, From grand theft auto to this? and GS. 9.0????

if you must rent this game for 2 or 3 hours. you'll get your fill from that, just don't waste your time or money buying it.