With its simple gameplay and ability system, Crystal Shards was the best Kirby game and still is almost 8 years later.

User Rating: 10 | Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards N64
[THE GOOD] Combining powers spans over 40 different ones - Bosses are big and tough - Collecting all 100 shards make the game longer - 3 bonus minigames

[THE BAD] Graphics are iffy at some parts

This is the one game that got me hooked on the series, and it quickly became my favorite Kirby game. It has a great storyline and the final boss will definitely surprise you.

The graphics are pretty good for an N64 game, with an exception of some enemies. Gameplay is fairly easy, as Kirby can only move forward. The combining of powers is unique and fun. Sometimes I play just to experiment with different powers and battle the bosses.

The game's storyline begins by showing a fairy city when a shadow ball called Dark Matter, who is seeking the Crystal of the city, comes to try and steal it. But one fairy named Ribbon takes the crystal to space to save it only to have it shattered by Dark Matter. As Kirby, you must help the fairy, Ribbon, find the crystal shards.

Bottom line, this game is a must for N64 owners, and hopefully it will come out on the Wii's Virtual Console sometime soon.