Game technical problems

#1 Posted by WRCotton (17 posts) -

When I first installed the game a few days ago it worked fine. Now I'm having a couple of problems. (I'm running under Windows 7.)

1. When I move, my character keeps freezing. I can release the W key, but that slows up the game a lot. Or I can jiggle the mouse as I'm moving, which keeps me from freezing.

2. Once I've played the game and exited, it won't start up again. I have to restart Windows to get the game to start.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

#2 Posted by CylonRaider01 (186 posts) -

My first advice is to patch the game,also what system config you have? Try this KOA it may help i hope Or this one Amalur .But in my opinnion try to update to 1.2 patch then if it doesnt work do this same as ingame and  graphic card:Lower everything to 0 then up step by step everything and see if it influences the game in a bad or good way if you reach a certain threshold and the game lags,freeze then lower to the config it was working,i know it is a time consuming process but it may work.Also viruses may do this since they overlord your system.

#3 Posted by WRCotton (17 posts) -

Thanks. I found I could get the game to restart by going into Task Manager and killing the Origin.exe process. I'll try some of the fixes you mention.

#4 Posted by WRCotton (17 posts) -

I started a new game and have no problem with the new character locking up. Strange thing with the old character -- he just stopped moving, but the game kept going. I could get him moving by wiggling the mouse, but nothing I did to the game options helped. I even upgraded my graphics card, but that didn't help until I started a new game.

#5 Posted by skydexy (3 posts) -
I cant finish the Gathering flames Task, Ive done everything but they keep asking for the ingredients? And I paid for a new weapons and armour bundle and havent got it yet
#6 Posted by skydexy (3 posts) -
I cant finish the Gathering Task, Ive done everything but they keep asking for the ingredients? And I paid for a new weapons and armour bundle and havent got it yet