Is it just me or...

#1 Posted by Squaretindo (71 posts) -

Has Sora lost like half of his maturity between KHII and DDD? I mean just looking at how he interacts in the worlds this time in comparison to other games, he just seems a lot more....kid-like. I mean, he's 17! He even looks a bit younger now but maybe I'm just crazy. This isn't really a complaint, I'm just puzzled.

#2 Posted by -Beatz- (2656 posts) -

I was more bothered by how the game didn't use Sora's and Riku's present-day outfits, and how they looked younger. Going from Sora's KH II outfit and face (the different sort of facial expressions etc.) back to a bit younger a Sora was a major devolution, in my opinion.

Especially when *spoiler* he was shown as wearing his KH II outfit in The World That Never Was (when he was asleep?) and I got my hopes up high to get to play him in his KH II outfit *spoiler*.

#3 Posted by Squaretindo (71 posts) -

Well glad I'm not the only one....it doesn't bug me that much but I just thought it was wierd was all. Maybe Nomura decided he wanted Sora to look more like the original Sora from Kingdom Hearts, which wouldn't make sense in my mind because Sora's getting older.

#4 Posted by Masuta-Zeanoto (5 posts) -
[Has Sora lost like half of his maturity between KHII and DDD?] KH2 was a scripted disaster, seeing as how the game was rushed on development and localization phases, he's goofy, happy and go-lucky personality wasn't handled well (and I wouldn't necessarily say he matured but was more on the grasp of events). [ I mean just looking at how he interacts in the worlds this time in comparison to other games, he just seems a lot more....kid-like.] That's just how he is (as Riku was said countless times). [He even looks a bit younger now but maybe I'm just crazy.] Riku and him were intentionally designed like that. '_' [I was more bothered by how the game didn't use Sora's and Riku's present-day outfits, and how they looked younger.] Blame Nomura; he said he personally likes KH1 Sora design (dunno about Riku's end). [Going from Sora's KH II outfit and face (the different sort of facial expressions etc.) back to a bit younger a Sora was a major devolution, in my opinion.] Which was the purpose of things, seeing as how Yen Sid said they needed to start anew, grasp on the Keyblade form zero properly. [and I got my hopes up high to get to play him in his KH II outfit *spoiler*.] I also wanted to play as KH2 version, at least once, but meh. Again, the game offers an explanation for the purpose of their younger versions and Nomura just loves the original design.