apparently this game is very hard

#1 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -

reviews look good but people have said the game is very difficult, is that right? i got 365 for the ds and got stuck some part in that and couldnt complete it :( completed the ps2 version which was fun..

this game worth for me to get or not?

#2 Posted by funkymonkey4710 (1835 posts) -

Not sure, I am only in the second world and haven't had any issues so far. I find that if a section is too hard in Kingdom Hearts that is helps to go back and grind on smaller enemies to build your level up then try again. Usually gets me out of the tough situations.

#3 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -
ah so to build up your points, is this game any better than any of the others like the reviews suggest?
#4 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -
I'm already on the Fantasia & 3 Musketeers worlds so far and I think the game is kinda easy. There were quite a few times were I got killed while playing as Riku. Other than that, I'm enjoying KH3D.
#5 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -
I'm already on the Fantasia & 3 Musketeers worlds so far and I think the game is kinda easy. There were quite a few times were I got killed while playing as Riku. Other than that, I'm enjoying KH3D.JadeTorchwood
sounds good, im not a pro gamer or anything so need a game thats not hard and fun to play.. is it the same concept as the others?
#6 Posted by ILuvAnju (183 posts) -

you can always select easy difficulty.

#7 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -

i read in the review that easy was still hard is that true? cos i got stuck in 365 2 days game and never got to complete it so hope if i get this i will be able to complete it

#8 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -

i read in the review that easy was still hard is that true? cos i got stuck in 365 2 days game and never got to complete it so hope if i get this i will be able to complete it

delectabledoz
There are some parts that are kinda hard, but it's easy at times. That's just what I think.
#9 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -

not really sure what to do then

#10 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -

not really sure what to do then

delectabledoz
It's still worth getting though.
#11 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -

will see if it goes down in price slightly then might get it, it any different to 365 on the ds?

#12 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -

will see if it goes down in price slightly then might get it, it any different to 365 on the ds?

delectabledoz
Unlike 358/2 Days, it doesn't use the panel system from that game. It uses the deck command system from Birth by Sleep.
#13 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -

ive not played that game , so is that a better thing?

#14 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -

ive not played that game , so is that a better thing?

delectabledoz
The deck command system makes it more interesting & fun when you're fighting.
#15 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -

ok thanks, sounds pretty good from what u said :) just seen ad for game on the tv

#16 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -

ok thanks, sounds pretty good from what u said :) just seen ad for game on the tv

delectabledoz
You're welcome. I hardly ever see any ads for a game that I want like KH3D.
#17 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -

its good to see ads.. so you finding the game ok to complete and enjoying it?

#18 Posted by -Beatz- (2656 posts) -

I'm not a 'pro gamer' either, and since all of the Kingdom Hearts games that I've played are too far in the past for me to remember them that clearly, except for Birth By Sleep, then I can say that it's harder than Birth By Sleep, but I never had any kind of trouble in the game, before I got to Symphony of Sorcery (I think that was its name, the Fantasia world) and The World That Never Was. And even there, it was manageable.

The World That Never Was just introduced some annoying Nightmares, like the Skelterwilds and Keeba Tigers, mainly, but still, I didn't almost ever find myself dying. I was close to, but I never let myself die, with just one cure spell in my deck.

Though I have to admit, I had difficulty finishing the third and second-to-last boss fights with Riku, though when I reached the latter, I was only level 33, and I found that that was maybe a bit too low a level to do the boss with. The World That Never Was provides very quick levelling up, and a few levels later I got it on my second try.

Not that challenge is a bad thing.

#19 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -

I'm not a 'pro gamer' either, and since all of the Kingdom Hearts games that I've played are too far in the past for me to remember them that clearly, except for Birth By Sleep, then I can say that it's harder than Birth By Sleep, but I never had any kind of trouble in the game, before I got to Symphony of Sorcery (I think that was its name, the Fantasia world) and The World That Never Was. And even there, it was manageable.

The World That Never Was just introduced some annoying Nightmares, like the Skelterwilds and Keeba Tigers, mainly, but still, I didn't almost ever find myself dying. I was close to, but I never let myself die, with just one cure spell in my deck.

Though I have to admit, I had difficulty finishing the third and second-to-last boss fights with Riku, though when I reached the latter, I was only level 33, and I found that that was maybe a bit too low a level to do the boss with. The World That Never Was provides very quick levelling up, and a few levels later I got it on my second try.

Not that challenge is a bad thing.

-Beatz-
Yeah, I'm on The World that Never Was right now and the Dream Eaters there are so annoying.
#20 Posted by Squaretindo (71 posts) -

I don't find this game hard at all, and I'm playing on standard mode. Some of the boss fights can be tedious for one reason or another (usually for me it goes something like this "GET DOWN HERE!" or "Quit. Freaking. Teleporting.").

The gameplay is so fast paced and fun and I think I'm addicted to flowmotion. The custimization with the Dream Eaters is awesome and my inner pokemon master compels me to create them all. The ability link system for the Dream Eaters is very reminiscent of the Data Chip system thing from Re:Coded. If you played BBS then the Command Slot system is nothing new to you, but for those who haven't, imagine reaction commands at your disposal all the time.

All in all, great addition to the KH line and totally worth picking up....sorry I kind of turned this into a review hehe

#21 Posted by delectabledoz (404 posts) -

thanks, reviews seem pretty good so think im gonna try it 

#22 Posted by TheGameDirect (14 posts) -
The final boss for riku can be annoying as h*** if you do not level your character accordingly. I skipped battles often cause I hate grinding (I'll only fight when I feel like it), and when I reached the final boss for riku, I was only level 25. It took many tries on the 2nd last and last forms.
#23 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -
The final boss for riku can be annoying as h*** if you do not level your character accordingly. I skipped battles often cause I hate grinding (I'll only fight when I feel like it), and when I reached the final boss for riku, I was only level 25. It took many tries on the 2nd last and last forms.TheGameDirect
Yeah, the final few boss fights in The World that Never Was like Young Xehanort were a pain in the butt even though I was at a high level with Riku.
#24 Posted by JadenYukiWannab (144 posts) -

reviews look good but people have said the game is very difficult, is that right? i got 365 for the ds and got stuck some part in that and couldnt complete it :( completed the ps2 version which was fun..

delectabledoz
There's a PS2 version? Really?
#25 Posted by JadeTorchwood (869 posts) -
[QUOTE="delectabledoz"]

JadenYukiWannab
There's a PS2 version? Really?

Might be referring to any of the earlier KH games released for the PS2.