Horrible HUD, abusive towards Plasma TVs

#1 Posted by Clownbabby (6 posts) -
There is no reason for those ultra bright white lines running along the bottom. It looks stupid and it's going to needlessly cause image retention and even possibly burn in on Plasmas for gamers who play the game a lot. That type of abuse shouldnt be in a next gen game. Its amazing how so many game huds are atrocious for plasma TVs, yet plasma TVs are unarguably the best screens for gaming. http://postimg.org/image/mz3ezxxab/ Best pic i could find, but the lines are much worse in game.
#2 Posted by rammstein123 (110 posts) -

That is exactly why gamers shouldn't buy plasma tvs. They look real nice, but the burn too easy. It took a month for the fallout 3 hud to leave my old plasma tv. I ended up giving my plasma tv to my parents and bought a LCD. Now i dont have to worry about image burn.

#3 Posted by k41m (723 posts) -

Yeah hes right, it has nothing to do with the game. Its your TV. I will never, ever buy a Plasma TV because I play video games WAY too much for that.

#4 Posted by stencilnyc (1 posts) -

Burn in on plasmas hasn't been an issue for years. I've been gaming on mine since the PS2.

#5 Edited by Sidewinder-7 (277 posts) -

Have to agree with the others, plasmas and video games don't mix. Also not a good idea if you watch alot of sports (due to score overlays).

#6 Posted by Crunchy_Nuts (2749 posts) -

As stencilnyc said. Plasmas haven't had burn-in issues for years. I don't really see this as a problem.

#7 Edited by Grallis (675 posts) -

Ive had my Plasma for 3 years and never had a problem. Try playing on a modern tv, or maybe not on a 50" plasma that was $200. I have no problems playing my PC, 360 or PS4 on my Plasma. I enjoy both types of tvs for different content.

#8 Posted by Niner0 (1596 posts) -

As stencilnyc said. Plasmas haven't had burn-in issues for years. I don't really see this as a problem.

Maybe he has an old plasma. Although it's a bit of a stretch to assume a plasma which is old enough to suffer from burn-in would've survived up 'til now.