8.5

Why so much hate for this game?

I've been a fan of the Madden franchise for some time now. I'm not your typical 12 year old reviewer that just posts what everyone else does on this website either. This game is leaps and bounds better than Madden 10, and probably the best game in the series.

GameFlow is nothing to write home about. To be honest, I don't even use it. I disabled it after trying it in a couple games. I don't use the new "coach talking through your headset" feature either. A lot of their little gimmicky features this year are terrible, but that's not what the game is about.

Let's get to why the game is the best in the series. As much as people are complaining that the animations are "terrible, and look like the guys are gliding," they actually are extremely smooth. The ankles of the players bend on cuts, and all other aspects are lifelike. I've never felt like I had more control over my players. The new dual-stick control feels effortless while moving around. To all you haters that complain about the new D-PAD strategy pad nonsense...play a few games with it. Once you get used to it, it's much easier to use then the past few years.

One more thing I'm going to mention is to all of the people that say "running is too easy." Play someone that knows how to play defense, and you won't be humming the same tune. This edition of the game is the most balanced yet. The online play is great as usual, and surprisingly the TEAM PLAY mode is fun.

Two great features : Madden Moments, and Ultimate Team just add more depth to an already great game.

Don't listen to most of the player reviews from this website. This Madden is absolutely the best yet in the series. People need to stop saying "OOOH BRING BACK 2k5....OOOH GIVE THE RIGHTS BACK TO 2K....." Stop living in the past and enjoy the great visuals and game play of Madden 11.