i have questions please help . . .

#1 Posted by omerta07 (186 posts) -

hello forum friends i am right on the verge of deciding to go buy this game tonite at my local 24/7 meijer store but i have a few burning questions that i hope you all can help in answering :

1. how are the graphics and environments ? in the gameplay vids ive seen the graphics and environments both look great but according to pretty much all the reviews ive seen they have been called 'average' and/or bland

2. reviews have complained about excessive cutscenes breaking up the gameplay . is this done in a bad way ala jarring you out of the moment and flow of the game or done in a good way ala max payne 3 ?

3. reviews have complained about gravity gameplay being wonky and hit or miss . is this true or just another case of reviewers not taking the time to get a better feel for the mechanic and being down on the game because they couldnt master the gameplay on their 1st attempt ?

4. if you wanted to could you actually play the game throughout as a typical 3rd person shooter if you dont care for the gravity gameplay ?

5. how long is the campaign and do you spend alot of time on underground levels ( i hope not because while i dont mind an occasional underground level here and there im a true fan of outdoor in the open levels

thanks in advance for the help guys !

#2 Posted by Jaco99 (2 posts) -
great game, Ive been playing for a couple of days and I love it. I don't know why there hating on it. graphic are sharp game play is smooth the mechanics of save and controls are smooth and cut scene are short and flow with the play. One of the best games so far this year.
#3 Posted by Cakolukia (245 posts) -

hello forum friends i am right on the verge of deciding to go buy this game tonite at my local 24/7 meijer store but i have a few burning questions that i hope you all can help in answering :

1. how are the graphics and environments ? in the gameplay vids ive seen the graphics and environments both look great but according to pretty much all the reviews ive seen they have been called 'average' and/or bland

2. reviews have complained about excessive cutscenes breaking up the gameplay . is this done in a bad way ala jarring you out of the moment and flow of the game or done in a good way ala max payne 3 ?

3. reviews have complained about gravity gameplay being wonky and hit or miss . is this true or just another case of reviewers not taking the time to get a better feel for the mechanic and being down on the game because they couldnt master the gameplay on their 1st attempt ?

4. if you wanted to could you actually play the game throughout as a typical 3rd person shooter if you dont care for the gravity gameplay ?

5. how long is the campaign and do you spend alot of time on underground levels ( i hope not because while i dont mind an occasional underground level here and there im a true fan of outdoor in the open levels

thanks in advance for the help guys !

omerta07

1. I think the graphics are pretty awesome. The backdrops stretch out a long way and there's usually a bunch going on. Tons of violence and what not as well.

2. I actually really like the cutscenes. They aren't anywhere close to as long as Max Payne 3, but I think they definitely add to the value of the story. The dialogue's pretty cheesy at times, but it's kind of funny in a cool way.

3. You gotta learn how to use it effectively. Once you really get the hang of it, and I mean *really* then sh*t starts to go down and you become a Lutadore slaughtering machine.

4. Yes, except for a few parts where you're forced into Zero G environments, and boss fights usually require some sort of gravity based attack patterns.

5. I don't know for sure how long I've been playing, but the game (on hard) is nothing what I'd consider "short." I'm on the second to last level, and I'd say I'm probably at around 9 hours or so. I'll finish everything up within the 10-12 hour range most likely.

Also, the "underground" levels are huge with extremely diverse backdrops like lava and what not.

Hope this helps! 

#4 Posted by outlawst (51 posts) -

The graphic/visual effects and environment are all good,game play is average and story mode is long enough,BUT if you care for story, i have to say that PAC MAN have a deeper story than this !

The game deserves 6~7 out of 10.