Worth buying, or....?

#1 Posted by Cakolukia (245 posts) -

Should I get something else? Just beat AC 3 (loved it), and borrowed a friend's Halo 4 to beat on legendary (6 hours). Now it's between Dishonored, BLOPS 2, and this...

Worth $60?

PS: Loved and 1000'd Blood Money.

#2 Posted by DamnILoveGames (139 posts) -
I think it's best to wait a little longer and read other peoples reviews because so far they sound rather mixed. Personally (and I'm not saying you shouldn't get it) I would give COD a miss as evidence is already going around of MW4 next year and full price for a game similar to the other COD's seems a bit obscene to me but if you really want that get it instead. Otherwise I would wait a bit because the reviews seem a bit iffy.
#3 Posted by fablefizas (237 posts) -

honestly dishonored wasnt very good........you are very limited as to what you can do and it gives you a nice looting system nut they give you nothing interesting to spend it on. 

#4 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

honestly dishonored wasnt very good........you are very limited as to what you can do and it gives you a nice looting system nut they give you nothing interesting to spend it on. 

fablefizas

I have to agree with this post.  I bought Dishonored purely on some of the comments I had read from people that had played it but I found it to be not really as good as some of the reviews and plaudits it has received would have you think.

#5 Posted by 2bitSmOkEy (2713 posts) -

fablefizas

Dishonored was excellent.  If you felt limited in that game then I can't wait to hear what you think of Absolution.

#6 Posted by tmacman (925 posts) -
Depends, if you've played previous hitman's and expect more of the same, it's not there, probably best to look into it a bit more. If you haven't, well maybe you'll enjoy it for what it is.
#7 Posted by MegaMatt91 (462 posts) -
I honestly think it is awesome in easy mode because I can actually play it as a hitman game. Normal mode and up things get annoying like a cop seeing through your disguise on the other side of the room, but you can lose suspicion by numerously ducking under a couch. Pretty annoying. In easy mode it is fun because I can actually do whatever I want. The one thing I do miss is the whole replay a level over and over and over learning all NPC routines and knowing exactly what to do. This game feels more like splinter cell. I HATE that I can't pick my weapons before a level.