What happened to the old Hitman?

#1 Posted by ultradude2345 (2309 posts) -

I thoroughly enjoyed assassinating Russian generals in the cold and warlords in the jungle more than the "in plain sight" operations that were emphasized primarily in Blood Money. Is there any talk of those kinds of missions making a comeback?

#2 Posted by Champ721 (1978 posts) -
I doubt it, unfortunately. The game takes place exclusively in the United States.
#3 Posted by MarineXXII (1583 posts) -

I thoroughly enjoyed assassinating Russian generals in the cold and warlords in the jungle more than the "in plain sight" operations that were emphasized primarily in Blood Money. Is there any talk of those kinds of missions making a comeback?

ultradude2345

Those were remakes of the original missions in Codename 47. Play Codename 47 and you will really appreciate the old Hitman. The series is still good but the original missions were the best by far. I remember playing the mission at hotel where you had to assassinate a neo Nazi and take the weapon he was planning on using for a terrorist attack. Or the pier mission where a stripper was an intel contact. Those were very dark and gritty missions and is how I envision 47.

#4 Posted by MarineXXII (1583 posts) -

ultradude2345

Those were remakes of the original missions in Codename 47. Play Codename 47 and you will really appreciate the old Hitman. The series is still good but the original missions were the best by far. I remember playing the mission at hotel where you had to assassinate a neo Nazi and take the weapon he was planning on using for a terrorist attack. Or the pier mission where a stripper was an intel contact. Those were very dark and gritty missions and is how I envision 47.

#5 Posted by johnnystarr (868 posts) -

Contracts was the only hitman game i beat but I lovvvvedd it!

uhhhh this one looks amazing as well but it should come out sooner

#6 Posted by fanirama (926 posts) -
Try playing Death to Spies. It is a game just like Hitman but even more challenging to the point where it is ridiculously tough for the casual gamer. It is more realistic this way but I always found it funny Hitman can wear a disguise and walk around and no one cares that suddenly a bald headed security guard with a barcode is walking around when you know you've never seen a guard like him. Yet, no suspicion, nothing.