qick time events

#1 Posted by tomkat69pc (977 posts) -

game developers listen: know what you can do with your quick time events? shove it down deep into your ...............

armed with an axe they force me into  a hand to hand quick time event - go to hell ..

#2 Posted by hy6e (139 posts) -

game developers listen: know what you can do with your quick time events? shove it down deep into your ...............

armed with an axe they force me into  a hand to hand quick time event - go to hell ..

tomkat69pc

Well said. Talk about ruining a game.

#3 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Definitely, the hand to hand is one thing that had the potential to be really good and add another dimension to the game, but it's just another thing that was botched. What's weird is when I tried Fight Night via taking on Sanchez, I was assuming it would be even more annoying, but it was pretty easy because they just have a few repeat button sequnces then it's over. Random enconters with any other NPCs that attack you with melee are quite another stopry though. I liken it to God of War where they have the QTE icons flash so faintly and briefly that you can't really react well enough, but then I don't really like ANY type of QTE.

#4 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
I hate the QTE fighting. I'm playing on PC using non-default controls, and nowhere in the menus does it let you know that it has also bound certain fighting mechanics to which button - so it's a real trial and error when it comes to the on screen prompts.
#5 Posted by LegendaryBadass (366 posts) -

I can't believe I went ot all the trouble to face Sanchez in the ring only for it to be a quick time event.

Shenmue was not a smash hit, ye it's legacy is as strong as Mario's.

#6 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

I can't believe I went ot all the trouble to face Sanchez in the ring only for it to be a quick time event.

Shenmue was not a smash hit, ye it's legacy is as strong as Mario's.LegendaryBadass

How could you not assume it wouldn't be, since the fight is essentially a cage brawl, and all hand to hand in the game is handled via QTE?