How to unlock hitman's guns at gun shop?

#1 Posted by ghost_1919 (57 posts) -

I am at the mission where I have to out shoot the girl and reterive my guns. I cant beat her so how do I get the guns out of the case. Right Now I killed everyone at the store so can I still get the guns now?

#2 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Depends whether you want hints, or specifc spoilers. I'll start with hints, if you want more, just ask.

1. The Silver Ballers can be acquired without doing the shooting contest, winning the contest only boosts your score.

2. You enter the contest by going to a booth of the firing range and starting the contest, which involves moving and static targets.

3. To win the contest it helps to have an accurate and large clip weapon, and well timed use of Point Shooting

4. There's a safe in the level that has keys to the gun case.

5. There's two places to get a notebook that has the combination to the safe

No one need be killed regardless what method is used to obtain the guns. If you get stuck trying to figure things out, you can always set difficulty to Normal and enable Hints, in which case clues are given via the female narrator the whole way through. In general it's not hard to firgure out the basic objectives though if you just listen to what NPCs say and follow targets, or in this case, proprietors. The only things that are hard to figure at times are the many challenges each level has.

#3 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

I am at the mission where I have to out shoot the girl and reterive my guns. I cant beat her so how do I get the guns out of the case. Right Now I killed everyone at the store so can I still get the guns now?

ghost_1919

If you already killed everyone, then it's just a matter of wandering around the level to find the code to open the safe - that contains the key to the display case the silverballers are in.

That said it is possible to get the silverballers and complete the level without doing the shooting contest, without getting spotted and without killing anyone.

Tips for the shooting contest - use an accurate weapon with decent clip size and not much recoil. You can wander around the gun shop to pick up and try a variety of weapons - 2 pistols works quite well because of the extra ammo before needing to reload.

It is better to take slightly longer on your shots to hit the very centre of the target for 20 points, than it is to rush it slightly and only get +1 or +3. Save your point shooting until later in the competition when you have 4 or more targets up at once - no way you could hit that number in standard time. Also try to time any reloading so you miss the fewest targets - better to do it when only 1 target is up than when a group appear.

This is one level that I really wish I could use the money and upgrades from Contracts mode in. To have some kind of competition just based on the shooting range, where the faster trigger, better sights, less recoil etc could all be put to good use.