Game glitching out - cant get past the prologue level

#1 Posted by ATG27 (65 posts) -

I started playing this game today and I've got about 10mins into the game and every time it freezes up and then when i start it again it tells me there is no save data and makes me do the setup again and restart the game as if i've never played it. Ive played through the first bit of the prologue 4 times now and every time the game has just frozen up at different points!! This is so annoying i just want to enjoy the game!!

Can anyone help me out?!?!

#2 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

What platform are you playing on?

#3 Posted by ATG27 (65 posts) -

What platform are you playing on?

Frag_Maniac

im on ps3, ive got past the prologue now and im on the first real level but the game is soooo glitchy it freeezes up with the circular save icon spinning all the time.

#4 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

im on ps3, ive got past the prologue now and im on the first real level but the game is soooo glitchy it freeezes up with the circular save icon spinning all the time.ATG27

I figured you probably were on PS3, never heard of such probelms with PC or Xbox and the PS3 has had a lot of problems losing saves on games lately.

The only things I can suggest are...

1. Make sure you check for any available game patches or firmware updates for your system.

2. Make sure all is good with your PSN account and that you're logged in.

3. Make sure your PS3 ethernet cable is not defective. Try wiggling both ends of the cable to see if you stay connected. You can also try downloading some large files to see if the connection gets interrupted.

4. Make sure the system is placed so it doesn't overheat.

5. Backup your game files regularly. Unfortunately on PS3 I think you have to backup the entire game files just to keep a copy of the save files. This is done via an external USB drive if I'm not mistaken.