Can't get fugu without hitting vendor

#1 Posted by migduvednok (289 posts) -

Can't get the fugu without hitting the vendor simultaneously!!!???
And yes, i do wait until she's turned her back.
and yes, i do have the fugo also - i can walk over and poison something afterwards. It's weird.

Any answers that can help me? It's REALLY annoying that the game has two actions for one key press.

#2 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

To avoid contact with her you can't just wait until she turns her back. At one point she'll step away from the fish and go to the counter to the right. Then you should have enough room to slip in a take it without bumping her.

#3 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

To avoid contact with her you can't just wait until she turns her back. At one point she'll step away from the fish and go to the counter to the right. Then you should have enough room to slip in a take it without bumping her.

Frag_Maniac

^^ This

The only thing I would add is that on Expert of Purist it can help to crouch as you move in to take it, as it gives you a fraction of a second longer to take it without arousing suspicion. On those difficulties I tended to find that other nearby police officers became suspicious if I just walked forward to take it (even after waiting for the vendor to turn to the side).

#4 Posted by miker00lz (11 posts) -

Just wondering, are you using the PC version? That's the one I play, and I've noticed several occasional annoying quirks in the control sysem.

#5 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
not sure about the OP, but I'm on the PC version and I think Frag_Maniac is as well from some of his other posts.