Angel of Death Part 2 Challenge STILL not unlocking!

#1 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

This is the challenge in Attack of the Saints where you have to kill all Agency NPCs in the entire chapter without being spotted. There are 3 "Secret" check boxes shown in the description. Many had struggled with it claiming it bugged, then some started saying it was doable (after claiming to have beaten it)  if you A) don't rasie "Suspicion", B) no bodies are found, and C) don't use any checkpoints. Thus, I assumed those were the 3 secrets.

Problem is, I HAVE taken my time and carefully satisfied all those criteria, killing everyone with garrote, and still, it says I've not beaten it. I've not been spotted by anyone, Agency or civilian, no suspicion has been raised, no bodies found, and I haven't even reloaded auto checkpoints, let alone player ones. I even made sure I started from the first playable part crawling out of the burned vent, vs loading the first checkpoint like some do.

The only thing I thought it might be is there's always one guard in the Cornfield part of that chapter that talks about the first Saints team having been discovered dead. I assumed that was just a scripted dilogue that always plays even when no bodies are found though. As far as I know there aren't even enough containers to hide all 13 bodies in the Parking part of that chapter anyway.

Has anyone here successfully completed this challenge on PC? Is there something I'm missing? I have looked at lots of videos and read tons of chat on this, and I can't for the life of me understand why it's not unlocking.

#2 Posted by gatsbythepig (10486 posts) -

I picked this up off of an achievement site originally posted by YourHero-

"All right after 3 days on this challenge I finally got it. Here is what I did: 

I was on Normal difficulty. (I tried Hard...but no way)
I did all three sections in One playthrough.
I did NOT use any checkpoints.
I did NOT restart checkpoints.
I used Fiber Wire on EVERYONE.
I was NOT spotted.
NO bodes were found.
I used ALL of the disguises.
NO one was every suspicious.
I did NOT hide all the bodies, just some."

I hope this helps... oh, and don't save the civilians, they can spot you.

#3 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

I picked this up off of an achievement site originally posted by YourHero-

"All right after 3 days on this challenge I finally got it. Here is what I did: 

I was on Normal difficulty. (I tried Hard...but no way)
I did all three sections in One playthrough.
I did NOT use any checkpoints.
I did NOT restart checkpoints.
I used Fiber Wire on EVERYONE.
I was NOT spotted.
NO bodes were found.
I used ALL of the disguises.
NO one was every suspicious.
I did NOT hide all the bodies, just some."

I hope this helps... oh, and don't save the civilians, they can spot you.gatsbythepig

I (and a lot of others) have already met all those criteria, but it still won't unlock. You also didn't mention what platform you did it on. Some say it even matters what patch version. Some have claimed they beat it on PC, then after a patch update couldn't beat it anymore. The common scenario though is those on console can get through it, but those on PC usually can't. That tells me it has to do with a particular patch or version of the PC game, like DL vs hardcopy. Mine is the Steam version, and unfortunately Steam versions have to run with the latest patch, so I can't even try it with other patches.

#4 Posted by gatsbythepig (10486 posts) -

Right, the version YourHero was refering was for a PC, after the latest patch. The poster also mentioned using the radio from Reception if you're struggling in the cornfield.

Overall this sounds like a challenge that wasn't coded properly, many people have had problems with it.  If you ever get credit for this apparently, the third part is easy.

#5 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Right, the version YourHero was refering was for a PC, after the latest patch. The poster also mentioned using the radio from Reception if you're struggling in the cornfield.

Overall this sounds like a challenge that wasn't coded properly, many people have had problems with it.  If you ever get credit for this apparently, the third part is easy.gatsbythepig

I wasn't asking what version someone else was referring to, I was addressing you because you were the last one saying you unlocked it, and you still haven't said what platform. I'm also well aware of anything and everything to do with methodology on this challenge, including use of the radio. Geez, don't you even get that those whom have tried it numerous times unsuccessfully are probably THE most well read and practiced on it due to searching for answers to why it's not working? It's obviously bugged on at least one if not more versions of the game.

I also already know the 3rd part is easy, and that has nothing to do with it anyway. There's a fairly lengthy post about this on the Eidos forum where the mod has jumped in twice insisting it's not bugged just because a few have said unlocked it, mostly on console. They aren't even acknowledging that most on PC are saying it's bugged and I've yet to see ANYONE on the Steam version prove (or even claim) they've beaten it. You can't say too much to Eidos either or they'll just ban you. I used to have respct fdor them, not anymore.

#6 Posted by gatsbythepig (10486 posts) -

Please reread my first response to you.  I never said I unlocked it and since no one here was responding, I quoted someone that claimed they did accomplish the challenge. I even mention YourHero and gave that poster credit.

I'm sure you know almost everything about the game, except how to get the challenge, which is why I listed everything I could find.  That way you could quickly go over the requirements and know that you either had tried everything catalogued, or realize that you missed something.  I was only trying to help, I have nothing to gain by relaying information to you, it only costs me time.  Unfortunately, I was unable to assist you.  

That really sucks that many people are having problems with this achievement.  I had a similar problem with GTA IV and dealt with R* for almost 5 months before they blew me off... I feel for you.

#7 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Please reread my first response to you.  I never said I unlocked it and since no one here was responding, I quoted someone that claimed they did accomplish the challenge. I even mention YourHero and gave that poster credit.gatsbythepig

OK, yeah I misread that part.

I'm sure you know almost everything about the game, except how to get the challenge, which is why I listed everything I could find.  That way you could quickly go over the requirements and know that you either had tried everything catalogued, or realize that you missed something.

How you could even say that after what I just said is rather ridiculous. As mentioned I've tried and read everything there is on this challenge, as have many others still not having it unlock, despite using all those criteria (and even trying other things), and still, no unlock for AoD 2.

Bottom line, Eiodos are in denial on this. They have been pinching pennies ever since losing Arkham City to Warner Brothers, and it's only getting worse. They think nothing of lying to their customers. I can tolerate a lot of mistakes in game production, but lies after game flaws are clearly pointed out is not one of them.

#8 Posted by gatsbythepig (10486 posts) -

I'm also well aware of anything and everything to do with methodology on this challenge, including use of the radio. Geez, don't you even get that those whom have tried it numerous times unsuccessfully are probably THE most well read and practiced on it due to searching for answers to why it's not working?

I'm sure you know almost everything about the game, except how to get the challenge, which is why I listed everything I could find.  That way you could quickly go over the requirements and know that you either had tried everything catalogued, or realize that you missed something.Frag_Maniac

How you could even say that after what I just said is rather ridiculous. As mentioned I've tried and read everything there is on this challenge, as have many others still not having it unlock, despite using all those criteria (and even trying other things), and still, no unlock for AoD 2.

I was simply echoing your sentiment.  You were angry that I even suggested those criteria.  I wanted you to know that I believe you, when you say that you have been educating yourself in how to achieve the challenge.  Since no one else was attempting to help, I wanted to give it a try. 

My only suggestion is to take some time off of Hitman and let Eidos sort it out, they may eventually put out a patch.  Either way, it seems to be a huge source of frustration and I am guessing at one point you thoroughly enjoyed this game.

#9 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

My only suggestion is to take some time off of Hitman and let Eidos sort it out, they may eventually put out a patch.  Either way, it seems to be a huge source of frustration and I am guessing at one point you thoroughly enjoyed this game.gatsbythepig

A lot of us did in fact wait patiently while playing through the game several times, hoping for at least acknowledgement that many on PC were playing the challenge with the criteria they'd mentioned to no avail, but all they did was insist since some have completed it, it must be working. Thus I don't have any faith in them fixing something they refuse to admit is broken. Last I checked I had the last two posts on that thread and Eidos hasnt bothered responding to it.

I tried doing evrything you said plus hiding all Saints bodies. Some have tried all the mentioned criteria plus accident kills on Saints, since the hint in the AoD 2 description of the challenge menu states "Like a hand of God", and shows a picture of a Saint. It's pretty much impossible to get an accident kill on the 2nd Saint of Parking though. Some have suggested saving the civilians might be what "Like a hand of God" refers to, but many have said they completed it by letting the civvies die.

At one point I thought it may have been due to not hiding all the Parking bodies well enough, since there's NPCs in the Cornfield that talk of all of Saints team 1 being found dead, but I've seen successful attempts via video where that dilogue is triggered, it's just part of the game and is an audio file that always plays.

The only other thing I'm going to persue on this is to ask others if they get a sound playing when vaguely near (but not close enough to be spotted) the 2nd Saint in Cornfield. It's a sound like when a body is found or suspicion is raised and is accompanied by that whitish effect flashing onscreen, but it happens without any body found or suspicion. I'm doubting it has anything to do with the glitch though because for the hell of it I started taking her out from a different spot, and the sound never played, but still it won't unlock.

#10 Posted by gatsbythepig (10486 posts) -
If you are going to keep at it, good luck. Let us know if you get past the challenge.
#11 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

If you are going to keep at it, good luck. Let us know if you get past the challenge.gatsbythepig

Yeah I'll definitely post here if I manage to get through it, or even if they acknowledge it as a bug, but neither are likely. Been playing Dead Space and for now, I can't see any reason to play this anymore unless it's just for a few Contracts.

#12 Posted by Agent_113 (1 posts) -
I got the challenge. At least the first two parts because I messed up in the cornfield and didn't want to try again. I have the Steam-Version of the game, recently bought. I played on Normal. I didn't get spotted. But enemies can get suspicious. Bodies can be found. I even used some of them to lure enemies. I didn't use a disguise. After the level starts, I just put on my suit. I broke necks, used Fiber Wire, Silverballers and the Agency Assault Rifle to kill. I let the Agency guys kill the civilians before I took them out. No accident kills. I also messed up in the second part (Reception) and restarted from checkpoint, which was the beginning of this part and still got the challenge. Didn't use in-level checkpoints, though. I don't know which of the criteria are actually vital for the challenge. This is just the way I played through the mission.
#13 Posted by morakians85 (1 posts) -
angle of death part 2. how the hell to unlock it??
#14 Posted by General_Dark (0 posts) -
Oh the Angels of Death are coming, I just wish all nuns worn that style outfit.... Part 2: PC - Steam Version 1.0.447.0 COMPLETED I completed this using these items (I can't be bothered to do it again trying different disgusies) Clean up Teams uniform Fibre Wire Radio 1) I killed everyone using the fibre wire (You can be spotted but not your disguse blown, when I was spotted I did the usual use of instinct to mask myself) 2) When I killed each one of the nuns, I used the wood shredders, Simply dump their bodies and then shredder them (First one in the hut close to the road, Second one behind the hut where one nun is and one is close to the house where the exit is) Oh what joy it is to hear the sound of shredded nun for breakfast 3) Kill everyone else with fibre wire, as long as you hide their bodies in shredder or in the corn or in the boxes, they dont really matter, just make sure another guard doesn't spot a body. PART 3 You have to kill 7 nuns with fibre wire 1) Using the first part, The Motel, do the normal, go out on the Balcony and head towards the Freezer (Just before you turn the corner) hide in it. wait for the two guards and the nun to do their bit. Watch as she just walks past, jump out of the fidge and fibre wire her. Wait for a few seconds and then you see "Angel of Death Part 3 - 1/7 Complete 2) Same as 1 3) Same as 2 4) Same as 3 OK Ok just restart and do the same over and over 7 times. Part 3 complete Just for proof of the pudding http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/1hzvv.jpg I was in a hurry so excuse the other little program showing its ugly head.