A couple of annoying things about the game...

#1 Posted by torrne667 (249 posts) -

Why MUST i be 1 foot away from a car to' press y to set car alarm off'??? But if i throw a MASSIVE **** wrench at the car from a couple of feet away it just bounces off with no effect??? ANNOYING. Very random levels of A.I crop up in the game, sometimes guards shoot first before any 'suspicion'. Also I can cap someone with an unsilenced SUB MACHINE GUN, and somehow the enemies that are in my view dont hear or react?? WHAT THE **** Playing it on the 360 by the way, and it IS the finished version before people start jumping to conclusions.

#2 Posted by torrne667 (249 posts) -
Thats not to say it isnt a great game by the way, because it is awesome, but a little patch here and there would make this perfect :)
#3 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Why MUST i be 1 foot away from a car to' press y to set car alarm off'??? But if i throw a MASSIVE **** wrench at the car from a couple of feet away it just bounces off with no effect??? ANNOYING. Very random levels of A.I crop up in the game, sometimes guards shoot first before any 'suspicion'. Also I can cap someone with an unsilenced SUB MACHINE GUN, and somehow the enemies that are in my view dont hear or react?? WHAT THE **** Playing it on the 360 by the way, and it IS the finished version before people start jumping to conclusions.

torrne667

I doubt this is true but one explanation may be that that sort of randomness is built into the game for it to be a little more realistic (maybe sometimes odd things like a guard getting spooked and shooting first would happen as an example).  As I say unlikely but just a thought having read you're post.

Glad to see you're enjoying it, not out here till Tuesday so a few days to wait but the more I see of this the more I am looking forward to it. 

#4 Posted by AllHailTheSith (296 posts) -

[QUOTE="torrne667"]

OmenUK

I doubt this is true but one explanation may be that that sort of randomness is built into the game for it to be a little more realistic (maybe sometimes odd things like a guard getting spooked and shooting first would happen as an example).  As I say unlikely but just a thought having read you're post.

Glad to see you're enjoying it, not out here till Tuesday so a few days to wait but the more I see of this the more I am looking forward to it. 

The car alarm stuff is true. Kind of annoying I agree. Kind of like leaving the gas on, on the stove. The only way to set it off is to shoot it. If you blow up a bomb right next to it, the stove and gas remain intact... The checkpoint system is what torques my nuts though... Worst... checkpoints... ever.
#5 Posted by torrne667 (249 posts) -
@omenuk "i doubt this is true"?????? I have just told you that it happens you plank! And the other guy has just confirmed it, jeeez some people...
#6 Posted by sethbouldin (432 posts) -

@omenuk "i doubt this is true"?????? I have just told you that it happens you plank! And the other guy has just confirmed it, jeeez some people...torrne667

Wow...he was saying that he doesn't know if HIS theory about the randomized A.I. is true or not. He wasn't calling you out.

"Jeeze, some people..."

#7 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

[QUOTE="torrne667"]@omenuk "i doubt this is true"?????? I have just told you that it happens you plank! And the other guy has just confirmed it, jeeez some people...sethbouldin

Wow...he was saying that he doesn't know if HIS theory about the randomized A.I. is true or not. He wasn't calling you out.

"Jeeze, some people..."

@Sethbouldin LOL thanks for trying explaining it but don't worry about it man, you eventually get used to the trolls on here that boost their post count by replying to and arguing with anyone that replies to them without actually reading what is being said, I guess their grasp of English either isn't too good, or they are too stupid to be able to tell critisim from genuine responses to their posts.

#8 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

The car alarm stuff is true. Kind of annoying I agree. Kind of like leaving the gas on, on the stove. The only way to set it off is to shoot it. If you blow up a bomb right next to it, the stove and gas remain intact... The checkpoint system is what torques my nuts though... Worst... checkpoints... ever.AllHailTheSith

yeah I've seen the playthrough and the checkpoints are badly placed, would be simpler maybe to have certain points in the game where there are save points (maybe at the end of each section of a mission as a quick if poorly thought out example).  I'm not a hardcore player (completing everything, getting every trophy, etc, etc) but can understand how this may annoy a lot of the people that have been following the hitman series for a while and think it is being sumbed down a little (although maybe in the more difficult levels there are hopefully less checkpoints?).

#9 Posted by actiongamer1985 (250 posts) -
I watched a walkthrough on youtube a few minutes ago and this game is dumbed down a lot, not a little.
#10 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

I watched a walkthrough on youtube a few minutes ago and this game is dumbed down a lot, not a little.actiongamer1985

Maybe you need go back and watch more, playing it on the easy or normal level does NOT give a accurate represention of how difficult the game is because the game can be as difficult as you want it to be simply by the way you decide to go about playing the game.  I've never really played any of the previous games in the Hitman series but how I understand it is that most of the footage we have seen has been less in keeping with the traditions of the game and instead used a more run and gun style and only partial stealth, where as if you are a traditionalist like I know a lot of players are they they play it on the most difficult level, disable aids, go out there to stealth their way through levels and do it the most difficult route to get the most out of the game.

#11 Posted by AllHailTheSith (296 posts) -

[QUOTE="AllHailTheSith"]The car alarm stuff is true. Kind of annoying I agree. Kind of like leaving the gas on, on the stove. The only way to set it off is to shoot it. If you blow up a bomb right next to it, the stove and gas remain intact... The checkpoint system is what torques my nuts though... Worst... checkpoints... ever.OmenUK

yeah I've seen the playthrough and the checkpoints are badly placed, would be simpler maybe to have certain points in the game where there are save points (maybe at the end of each section of a mission as a quick if poorly thought out example).  I'm not a hardcore player (completing everything, getting every trophy, etc, etc) but can understand how this may annoy a lot of the people that have been following the hitman series for a while and think it is being sumbed down a little (although maybe in the more difficult levels there are hopefully less checkpoints?).

Really, it has nothing to do with "where" the checkpoints are placed, it has to do with how they work. For instance, I try not to kill if I don't have to, but have no problems killing some armed enemy guy. But I do tend to knock people out so they are out of my way. When you load a checkpoint, it remembers what you are wearing, whether the target is dead, and where you are at, but that is it. Any enemies you kill or knock out before the checkpoint is back to where they were. So in one level, that you really cant start out sneaking in, I killed the first half, and was sneaking through the last part. I almost made it to the end when I made a mistake and tried to reload a checkpoint. Every enemy was back alive and after me again while in disquise and it was 10x harder than my first attempt. I try not to even use checkpoints if I've done much of anything at all now. It's pathetic.
#12 Posted by torrne667 (249 posts) -

[QUOTE="sethbouldin"]

[QUOTE="torrne667"]@omenuk "i doubt this is true"?????? I have just told you that it happens you plank! And the other guy has just confirmed it, jeeez some people...OmenUK

"Jeeze, some people..."

@Sethbouldin LOL thanks for trying explaining it but don't worry about it man, you eventually get used to the trolls on here that boost their post count by replying to and arguing with anyone that replies to them without actually reading what is being said, I guess their grasp of English either isn't too good, or they are too stupid to be able to tell critisim from genuine responses to their posts.

How am i a troll for stating facts about a game that i am currently playing? Also, aiming jibes at the english grammar or whatever in my post...childish..and also you might want to learn to spell CRITICISM that you spelt incorrectly in your last sentence. And please do not come into the room shouting the odds about the A.I of a HITMAN game when you have never played ANY GAME OUT OF THE SERIES because your views are moribund. The only people who even mention post counts are people who are obsessed with it themselves, GTFO!

#13 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

Well done torne667. You've let your misinterpretation of someones message to turn you into an absolute tool, lashing out at them instead of realising your mistake and apologizing has just made it worse.

Read and understand posts properly. Don't then attack people like a child, then don't call people children for doing a specific thing then citing examples of how you could. Then attack his knowledge on the series by sayings he's never played any of them. Lol.

#14 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Really, it has nothing to do with "where" the checkpoints are placed, it has to do with how they work. For instance, I try not to kill if I don't have to, but have no problems killing some armed enemy guy. But I do tend to knock people out so they are out of my way. When you load a checkpoint, it remembers what you are wearing, whether the target is dead, and where you are at, but that is it. Any enemies you kill or knock out before the checkpoint is back to where they were. So in one level, that you really cant start out sneaking in, I killed the first half, and was sneaking through the last part. I almost made it to the end when I made a mistake and tried to reload a checkpoint. Every enemy was back alive and after me again while in disquise and it was 10x harder than my first attempt. I try not to even use checkpoints if I've done much of anything at all now. It's pathetic. AllHailTheSith

Ah OK, sorry like I say I have just been watching the walkthrough and have not played it yet (waiting for it to arrive in the post) and understand now you're point about the checkpoints.

Regarding the topic starter and their comments: Thanks to the guys that understood the point I was making, and actually read what I said so know I was not being criticalof the original topic starter, as he is apparently too childish and ignorant to understand what is being explained to him though I suggest it would be better if we stop posting here and allow this topic to be lost in the shuffle as more new posts are added, he made a post, he was replied to, not our fault if he has such low esteem to see everything said to him as an insult.