Rank up Attempt

#1 Posted by nnevets (1 posts) -
what does it mean by this? is it something to do with leveling up or the stars/icon beside your name? also wondering if anyone else is haveing a lag problem in matchmaking?
#2 Posted by Puma_SPNKr (6 posts) -
Most people have lagging problems, it seems. And to my knowledge and experience, not guaranteed though, that a rank up attempt is in correlation to your League Rank. Leage Ranks are the icons next to your account level. Rank up attempt means that if you win, you'll Rank up league wise.
#3 Posted by Liefglinde (4 posts) -
It means "prepare to lose." Okay not really, but I lose these matches 99% of the time. Have you noticed that the game gives you a team name when the game starts? Something like "Grand Masters" or "Tough Spartans." That team name is decided upon by the average level/rank (1-50) of the members on the team. When the average level of your team is so much lower than the average level of the enemy team that the team names are different, that is a rank up attempt. For example (these numbers are not real, all purely hypothetical), let's say your team's average level was 30 and the level 30 falls under the category for "Grand Masters," and the enemy team's average level was 40 and fell under the category for "Tough Spartans." This would qualify as a rank up attempt for your team. As far as league points are concerned - for evenly matched teams, you gain 10 league points for winning and you lose 10 league points for losing. If you win a rank up attempt you gain 14 points, and if you lose a rank up attempt, you lose 6 points. I believe League ranking does factor into rank up attempts, but I don't know exactly how. I do know for a fact that the majority is based on numerical rank (1-50).
#4 Posted by X_Bl00dsh0t (2 posts) -
^ its because grand masters is if the majority of the team is league 1, tough spartans is if the majority of the team is league 2, and so on....
#5 Posted by Liefglinde (4 posts) -
^ its because grand masters is if the majority of the team is league 1, tough spartans is if the majority of the team is league 2, and so on....X_Bl00dsh0t
I had a game just last night where the enemy team was classified as "Crackerjack Heroes" but the majority of them were League rank 1, with a few being rank 2 and none past that. Crackerjack Hero should be League rank 3.