Pro tips?

#1 Posted by edbagel (35 posts) -

On how to get Perections? I can get to Frenzy but then the enemy just groups together and wipes me I just cannot get to Riot for a Perfection, any tips?

#2 Posted by Shi_o_naku (6 posts) -
In Valhalla I went 25-1. I was close to completing the match without a death, however an enemy sniper noticed where I was shooting from and took me out. Seriously, I have yet to get a single perfection and I am Rank 78 xD.
#3 Posted by abdelmessih101 (5230 posts) -

Big team + camo-sniper is the way to go. There are enough people on both teams to decrease the chances that opponents will gang up on you (or even notice that you're on a frenzy/riot) and even if they do, staying on your team's side of the map generally means enemies can't approach you without taking damage.

Find a few good spots and switch it up a bit from time to time. Pick off some headshots with your DMR in between snipers to build up your ordnance. Use the Ammo mod to increase ammo in snipers and other power weapons you pick up, and enlist in the Tracker specialization if you haven't already to unlock Requisition which allows you to re-roll your Ordnance if your 3 options suck, meaning less needlers and more snipers and rockets.

Obviously, you can't just jump in any random game and get circumstances that allow a perfection, but keep at this method and you'll get a few eventually.

Just as an aside, my easiest perfection was infinity slayer on complex. The other team was one player with 2 guests and another bad player. I stayed on the roof of the huge building, sniping all game and only got shot at twice. I ended 21-0. Needless to say, sometimes your best bet is just to get lucky. :P

#4 Posted by Saedius_Asicion (72 posts) -
In Valhalla I went 25-1. I was close to completing the match without a death, however an enemy sniper noticed where I was shooting from and took me out. Seriously, I have yet to get a single perfection and I am Rank 78 xD.Shi_o_naku
Same here. I haven't played in a while, but I believe I'm 64, and I still have yet to get a perfection. I will usually get close, but end up dying right around the end of the game. I've also had games where I play too cautiously and end up 13-0 or something just short of the goal.
#5 Posted by edgw8 (3 posts) -
i can't start my own topic but if i could it would be "what the hell has happened to me??" i'm not amazing at halo, but have always had around a 2-1 kdr...for the past week and a half, seriously like 10 days straight or more, i'm playing like a downright noob. i can't get head shots, if anyone jumps at all, game over, i'm done, i'm doubting my loadouts, my strategy, i'm changing my sensitivity, trying different playlists, NOTHING IS WORKING! i've tried taking a break and all that, but nothing, i repeat nothing is working and while i don't expect anyone to come up with some perfect cure all answer, i was just wondering if anyone had a streak this bad and this long before, i was averaging about 20-8 kdr per game and not my best games are 13-10 and usually a sub 1.0 kdr!!!
#6 Posted by edgw8 (3 posts) -
and i've always been about the same 2-0 kdr throughout all halos from 2-4, and this just started happening at around sr80, and it's not just against good competition either, it's against plenty of people with much worse kdr's than me, i only play infinity, and its about 10k-7500d ratio, im literally about to quit playing, it's gotten in my head so much
#7 Posted by edgw8 (3 posts) -
i meant 2-1
#8 Posted by dahui58 (21562 posts) -

Big team + camo-sniper is the way to go. There are enough people on both teams to decrease the chances that opponents will gang up on you (or even notice that you're on a frenzy/riot) and even if they do, staying on your team's side of the map generally means enemies can't approach you without taking damage.

Find a few good spots and switch it up a bit from time to time. Pick off some headshots with your DMR in between snipers to build up your ordnance. Use the Ammo mod to increase ammo in snipers and other power weapons you pick up, and enlist in the Tracker specialization if you haven't already to unlock Requisition which allows you to re-roll your Ordnance if your 3 options suck, meaning less needlers and more snipers and rockets.

Obviously, you can't just jump in any random game and get circumstances that allow a perfection, but keep at this method and you'll get a few eventually.

Just as an aside, my easiest perfection was infinity slayer on complex. The other team was one player with 2 guests and another bad player. I stayed on the roof of the huge building, sniping all game and only got shot at twice. I ended 21-0. Needless to say, sometimes your best bet is just to get lucky. :P

abdelmessih101
Great comment and class idea,