I'm quite disappointed in Halo 4...

#1 Posted by PunkStream (57 posts) -

You don't have to agree with me. I'm just posting my opinion.

I'm already missing Bungie.  I think 343 could be ruining Halo for good. 

Killcams...? Killcams??!! Why, 343. Now with Killcams, your foes can't endure the sight of you teabagging them.

But Killcams are a minor issue in my rant.

When Reach was new, I would play at least one game of firefight a day. I loved it. Now, they've replaced Firefight with some Sparta Ops thing, which takes place after the story, so I'll have to finish campaign first in order to play it. But the campaign isn't even that great. The missions are hardly memorable also.

I prefered it when Master Chief hardly talked, but now he has more dialogue and his monotone voice makes it frustrating for me to listen to.

Whilst cutscenes are playing, the sound seems to have no impact. Eg. An explosion goes off and Master Chief runs behind cover. - It doesn't feel epic. It was a massive explosion but the sound was mild as well as Master Cheifs actions not being cinematic enough.

I just feel as if the Halo franchise is still being let down. It's still a reasonably good game, but it doesn't live up to Bungie's masterpiece of Halo. Normally, I buy all the Halo's. But now, for the first time, I don't know if I'll get the next one.

#2 Posted by Fandango_Letho (5412 posts) -
Well explained, and you're indeed entitled to your opinion.
#3 Posted by Motokid6 (5721 posts) -

You can play spartan ops whenever. It does not conflict with the campaign. There are no spoilers. You get one 5min cutscene at the start. Thats it.

#4 Posted by oaklawnplayboy (50 posts) -

I agree with you about the kill cams, thats something that i dislike as well and also while i enjoyed the campaign so far i agree its not super epic, but it is the first in the new trilogy and its just getting started im sure it will get much more epic down the line as everything else, (ex, shows on tv take time to get intresting), but I believe the best upgrade that has been made overall is the presentation of the game and also the multiplayer.

What i mean by presentation of the game is simply this, the graphics have been upgraded as well as the sound, the existing guns that have been in all the Halo games actually sound like guns now and pack more of a punch when being fired like the shotgun that new gun noise is great! As far as the multiplayer they have added great elements like the loadouts and being able to take some control as to the customization of your spartan making no player alike with their abilities or skills which is great but overall i think this game is well deserved of at least a 9 rating and some confidence in 343/microsoft studios

#5 Posted by oaklawnplayboy (50 posts) -

u

#6 Posted by juiceair (173 posts) -

I agree with Master Chief being to chatty.  "Actions speak louder than words" has been his MO since the beginning.

#7 Posted by hofuldig (5084 posts) -

i agree i give halo a 6.5 just because the milti player is fun. the story seems over all meh with some cool points but the storm trooper AI make it worse. i made a User review though i guess i didnt go into as much detail as you did. you should do a user review and go in more depth i would like to read it.

#8 Posted by RAD_TRBO (49 posts) -

I agree with you guys, the first play through of the campaign it just felt different. At first i thought it was a really good, except the weapons which are my BIGGEST complaint. They all feel so weak, i can head shot a grunt with the BR 3x with little effect! It is completely bogus. I then went back and started playing through the campaign with a friend and realized...it really isn't that compelling at all. Then I just hopped around different campaign levels and i realized how crummy it really is. I honestly thing everyone had Halo Relapse, we haven't had the old story of masterchief for several years now and i feel like when it finally came out everyone drooled at first i admit i did. However, now that i played it a few more times i saw through the initial shock value! Its good but its not really epic?

#9 Posted by Fairmonkey (258 posts) -

I disagree about your problem with killcam. There is absolutely nothing wrong with killcam. I would rather see how I died than stare at my body for 5 seconds waiting to respawn. Besides not every gametype uses it

#12 Posted by Travis888 (347 posts) -
I'm not disappointed. I do think that some things could've been tweaked a little bit but overall I really enjoy the game. Killcams can be easily skipped and often-times are unless I wanna know how I died so quickly. I agree that Spartan Ops isn't as good as Firefight but I don't really miss it anyways. I feel like the gameplay is a lot better than Reach because it seems more balanced (no Armor Lock). And I also don't think that Chief getting more lines is a bad thing. There's already too many silent FPS characters and you can't really expect Chief to be silent for that long. Especially when you mix in Cortana's story in this one. My biggest complaint with the game is the menu system. I hate it. I felt like Reach's layout was the best and I wish they had left that alone.
#13 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
The only thing that I agree with you is the kill cam but im always pushing the respawn button so I never see it....The rest of the stuff you said is a joke...I know everyone has their own opinion but this is really absurd.Im gonna take a wild guess that your a COD fan.
#14 Posted by Oozyrat (853 posts) -

I really don't see why kill cams are a big deal, most people skip them right away anyways. Also I'm only a little into the story but I'm loving it so far!

My complaints though:

Forge is a lot better/easier...but the levels SUCK! They really need a Forge world..

Firefight is gone

Odd unlocks (some things are too easy and other things are extremely hard)

And #1 problem: NO SWAT???

#15 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

My big deal is it feels too much like they wanted to copy COD a bit too much.  Like, the whole progression and loadouts feel weak, as they don't attribute to much of the game itself.

More importantly, I officially hate playing on the same 3 maps, it's like the community really makes it a point to pick the same ones over and over. 

Not to mention the matchmaking is taking longer than before and host migration happens far too often now.

I really liked it for the first 5 hours, but now, I can't really stand it.

#16 Posted by PunkStream (57 posts) -

I agree with Master Chief being to chatty.  "Actions speak louder than words" has been his MO since the beginning.

juiceair

Indeed!

#17 Posted by Nexrad (441 posts) -

yea well i think its a nice change now that he talks and we actually learn more about him as a person instead of just a military killing machine.

IMO Bungie didnt do a good job talking about the chiefs history or how he got to where he is before and with all the videos and info 343 has put out it makes me love the Halo story even more.

a very refreshing take on the series i love it and the MP is probably the best its ever been

#18 Posted by PyreofKoL (5858 posts) -

You don't have to agree with me. I'm just posting my opinion.

I'm already missing Bungie.  I think 343 could be ruining Halo for good. 

Killcams...? Killcams??!! Why, 343. Now with Killcams, your foes can't endure the sight of you teabagging them.

But Killcams are a minor issue in my rant.

When Reach was new, I would play at least one game of firefight a day. I loved it. Now, they've replaced Firefight with some Sparta Ops thing, which takes place after the story, so I'll have to finish campaign first in order to play it. But the campaign isn't even that great. The missions are hardly memorable also.

I prefered it when Master Chief hardly talked, but now he has more dialogue and his monotone voice makes it frustrating for me to listen to.

Whilst cutscenes are playing, the sound seems to have no impact. Eg. An explosion goes off and Master Chief runs behind cover. - It doesn't feel epic. It was a massive explosion but the sound was mild as well as Master Cheifs actions not being cinematic enough.

I just feel as if the Halo franchise is still being let down. It's still a reasonably good game, but it doesn't live up to Bungie's masterpiece of Halo. Normally, I buy all the Halo's. But now, for the first time, I don't know if I'll get the next one.

PunkStream
Killcams? O_o I've no idea what you're talking about, and I've put a good chunk of time into multiplayer. I know that the thing where your camera angle shifts in the direction that your death came from is still there, but that's been there since Halo 3 at least.
#19 Posted by IamTheBesteva (179 posts) -
The only thing that I agree with you is the kill cam but im always pushing the respawn button so I never see it....The rest of the stuff you said is a joke...I know everyone has their own opinion but this is really absurd.Im gonna take a wild guess that your a COD fan.mrsniper83
Anyone who's enjoying Halo 4 is a COD fan.
#20 Posted by Csdabest89 (14 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrsniper83"]The only thing that I agree with you is the kill cam but im always pushing the respawn button so I never see it....The rest of the stuff you said is a joke...I know everyone has their own opinion but this is really absurd.Im gonna take a wild guess that your a COD fan.IamTheBesteva

Anyone enjoying COD is a Halo fan. How do you like that paradox.
#21 Posted by hofuldig (5084 posts) -

LOL a COD fan ROFL good one dude really

I own a copy of Halo CE for PC and Xbox i also have 3 copies of Halo 2 , 2 of wich are on xbox and the 3rd one is the PC version wich i still play online with dedicated serves. i have 2 copies of halo 3 the Limited edition and a regular one and i bought the limited edition of halo 4 i also have the Halo CE remake for Xbox 360 and love it. I still need to pick up a new copy of halo reach and halo ODST soon.

I bought the halo 4 limited edition and the hard back stratagy guide and i must say i dont enjoy halo 4 as much as all the prevous halos. 343 changed to much and personally i think its not as fun as the prevous copies and the story isnt nearly as good either (AND SHORT!) i ran though legendary in like 4 hours on halo 4 (yeah it was that easy) on prevous halo games it would take me days and felt so satisfying when i beat them. beating halo 4 was like well that was ok (meh) guess ill go play multiplayer.

Oh i also read that like nearly all of multi player wasnt even made by 343 but outsourced to a company in texas. probbly why its so good.

#22 Posted by vptwarrior (6 posts) -
i'm not, its an upgrade from reach, the kill cams answer the question we all yell "HOW THE F*** DID HE KILL ME" the kill cam answers, "with this". people seem to hate reach but i liked it, though it was my first game, i actuallyed used to hate Halo and FPS, but mainly halo. Also many people seem to hate and what to get rid of sprint i ask, for what retarded reason would you do that. I don't want to try to walk or fast walk away from my enemy to get away, i want to run, so glad that made that a main ability, and so glad they added mobility so i can run forever and get from one place to another quickly. I'm upset about armor lock, didn't use it much, but in BTB it was my best friend because ghosts thought they could splatter me and i said to them "goodbye" as they exploded running into me. The custom loadouts is useful because i can set up loadouts for my primary loadout, if i wanna be a sniper, driver, infiltrator, or a base defender. they only bad things about this game are no firefight which really sucks, i loved being overpowered and killing armys, and no forge world, that huge map was super fun, and the armor, the armor looks....okay, i wish that in the future you are allowed to use the Mark V, V, or VI from previous games so we can use are favorite armors. Speaking of armors, the last thing that truely sucks is the unlock system, an armor that caught my eye was the CIO armor, i have to kill over 5000 people to get that, what the hell is that, i don't want to donate my life to get armor, that's bull crap.
#23 Posted by IamTheBesteva (179 posts) -
[QUOTE="IamTheBesteva"][QUOTE="mrsniper83"]The only thing that I agree with you is the kill cam but im always pushing the respawn button so I never see it....The rest of the stuff you said is a joke...I know everyone has their own opinion but this is really absurd.Im gonna take a wild guess that your a COD fan.Csdabest89

Anyone enjoying COD is a Halo fan. How do you like that paradox.

Sorry if i offended you, i wasn't trying to be an ass i just meant that Halo 4 and COD games are identical. Both have loadouts, killcams, challenges and thats all i've noticed so far, im sure it has more
#24 Posted by PunkStream (57 posts) -

The only thing that I agree with you is the kill cam but im always pushing the respawn button so I never see it....The rest of the stuff you said is a joke...I know everyone has their own opinion but this is really absurd.Im gonna take a wild guess that your a COD fan.mrsniper83

Are you kidding me? What have I said that makes me a Cod fan. I mean I don't hate Cod (I only have Black Ops) but I would (without hesitation) pick Halo over Cod.

What you've said actually annoys me because I don't like that accusation.

All I'm doing is saying that Halo is being let down and Halo 4 isn't as fun as Reach. That doesn't make me a Cod fan.

#25 Posted by PyreofKoL (5858 posts) -
Uh, ok, so I stand corrected. I just saw the killcams yesterday. I'm indifferent to it, though. There are worse things they could have done.
#26 Posted by sirk1264 (5563 posts) -

[QUOTE="mrsniper83"]The only thing that I agree with you is the kill cam but im always pushing the respawn button so I never see it....The rest of the stuff you said is a joke...I know everyone has their own opinion but this is really absurd.Im gonna take a wild guess that your a COD fan.PunkStream

Are you kidding me? What have I said that makes me a Cod fan. I mean I don't hate Cod (I only have Black Ops) but I would (without hesitation) pick Halo over Cod.

What you've said actually annoys me because I don't like that accusation.

All I'm doing is saying that Halo is being let down and Halo 4 isn't as fun as Reach. That doesn't make me a Cod fan.

i actually am the opposite. I found reach boring mostly considering how much fun I had with halo 2 and 3. Reach's multiplayer got old fast for me while halo 4 has given me new faith in the franchise. It isn't the best halo but I think it's well done. Spartan ops is great and a lot of fun to play online. New enemies are challenging and force you to change your tactics as they fight differently compared to the covenant. 

#27 Posted by airman20012001 (284 posts) -

I disagree about your problem with killcam. There is absolutely nothing wrong with killcam. I would rather see how I died than stare at my body for 5 seconds waiting to respawn. Besides not every gametype uses it

Fairmonkey
WRONG if you have a good sniper spot the game shouldnt give it away
#28 Posted by Nexrad (441 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrsniper83"]The only thing that I agree with you is the kill cam but im always pushing the respawn button so I never see it....The rest of the stuff you said is a joke...I know everyone has their own opinion but this is really absurd.Im gonna take a wild guess that your a COD fan.IamTheBesteva

you realize Loadouts have been in the genre before CoD right? please learn some facts instead of comparing it to CoD when its nothing like it. It uses some common FPS elements
#29 Posted by HavocV3 (7947 posts) -

[QUOTE="IamTheBesteva"][QUOTE="mrsniper83"]The only thing that I agree with you is the kill cam but im always pushing the respawn button so I never see it....The rest of the stuff you said is a joke...I know everyone has their own opinion but this is really absurd.Im gonna take a wild guess that your a COD fan.Nexrad

you realize Loadouts have been in the genre before CoD right? please learn some facts instead of comparing it to CoD when its nothing like it. It uses some common FPS elements

doesn't matter.

the reason they're in the game now is because COD made them popular. Not because of whichever game it was that did them first. yes, I'm aware of the indirect influence.

besides, it's an attempt to appeal to the COD crowd so they buy the game. This sort of behavior can be classified as "selling out" and it alienates those who play Halo for its' core values. *cough* balance *cough*

and let's not pretend ordnance drops =/= killstreaks. That's blatant enough to indicate the loadouts/perks were derived from COD to appeal to those who play COD.

/

#30 Posted by SplicerFan03 (61 posts) -

Not only does it seem half complete but it's has nothing u can play offline except Campagin I mean what the hell. I loved playing Firefight gettin my halo fix but now its like I paided 60 bucks for a good campagin, cause as soon as their servers go down u can't play spartan ops or multiplayer. Maybe I wrong but I thought once u buy a game u own it and not have to relie on some third party to acess game playability and content. atleast with Reach u could still play Firefight and forge offline. but now it's like for a game sold on it's multiplayer and u having these server issures isn't giving me much faith in ur game. bottom line people buy a product they want to know it's working if it isn't they have a back up plan or in this case game mode to fall back on. why buy a phyiscal copy of the game when pretty much all ur content isn't playable on the game.

#31 Posted by michaelbilby (8 posts) -

Excuse Me I enjoyed Halo 4 and I hate COD, so what does that make me

#32 Posted by matem8904 (46 posts) -
I like Halo 4 too and I think it's a great game (albeit with a few weaknesses). I had a great time playing it and came up with a quick review on my blog: http://shortgamereview.com/halo-4-review/
#33 Posted by YoungSinatra25 (4314 posts) -

The campaign was lackluster for sure, (especially the end...especially the legendary ending) but since the overall gameplay has been improved it makes up for it. H4 boast the best MP in the series since H2. H2 campaign wasn't any good and people complained TONS about it, but people still praise it. Why? The excellent MP.

As for 343 ruining Halo...No. Stupid statment. Bungie didn't want to make the series anymore and had become very stagnant with ideas. Took 10 years to get sprint. Bungie was killing their series by making it the same **** we played last gen. New console new gameplay, they didn't really get that concept. 343 gets it. I want Halo just not the same old **** in a new wrapper. Change up the formula...just a little. 

As for killcams, its your inner COD hater more then anything since it in no way effect gameplay. It's a nonsense complaint other then "I hate COD!"..but TBH it's pointless.

#34 Posted by goku2000 (240 posts) -

My biggest gripes about this game are the lack of Firefight and the lack of a proper map for Forge mode. I was about to dismiss the game outright until I found out that acquiring XP is much easier and doesn't require dedicating myself to War Games. I find the use of perks for higher level players kills any sort of balance the game might have.