Halo 4 vs Black Ops 2

#1 Posted by streetfighterDJ (24 posts) -
People are saying Black Ops 2 is better than Halo 4 because it's more realistic. People are saying Halo 4 is better than Black Ops 2 because the weapons are better. The arguments start here. Which FPS is better, the xbox 360 exclsusive alien killing game, or the futuristic action packed sequel?
#2 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

Both are good and offer completely different ways too play. Halo 4 has better game play but it has terrible sound and worse graphics.  Call of Duty BO2 it feels like you are really in a war zone and the weapons more so then other Call of Duties sound amazing. They are both dumbed down games to say the least. Halo 4 takes slightly more skill but Call of Duty you feel cooler when you are doing good. When you throw in Zombies between these games it is kind of a push. Because Halo 4's campaign is awful. I'd give them both an 8/ 10.

#3 Posted by streetfighterDJ (24 posts) -
FYI Halo 4 has awsome graphics. That's why it requires 8GB to play multiplayer. And Black Ops 2 Zombies is VERY addicting. I don't know what you are talking about sir but I totally disagree with you. The campaign so epic in Halo 4. Maybe you should start playing more Halo 4 campaign and Black Ops 2 zombies.
#6 Posted by streetfighterDJ (24 posts) -
First of all, I'm more of a Halo fan. Secondly, I played Halo 4 and it was awsome. Why don't you compare the ratings from Black Ops 2 and Halo 4? Halo 4 :9.0 Black Ops 2 : 8.0 Anyways, have YOU played Halo 4? It looks like you never played it because what you're saying does not match with the Halo 4 review (talk to the ratings). P.S. It doesn't matter if Halo 4 multiplayer takes skill. And the campaign.....................boy you really need to play Halo 4 campaign (if you didn't) because it's just as great as Black Ops 2 campaign. What is so bad about Halo 4 campaign?
#7 Posted by Sn00pyBrown (1061 posts) -

According to my friends list on xbox live black ops 2 seems to be most popular lol.

#8 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

if you have a good gaming headset or a surround system you will notice how good the sound is on black ops 2. With Halo 4 its all pretty mediocre but the game is still a lot of fun.

#9 Posted by ser136 (371 posts) -

If people think COD is better just because its realistic then just enlist in the army. Im sure you'll get your realism there.

#10 Posted by streetfighterDJ (24 posts) -
Halo 4 > Black Ops 2 Blacks Ops 2 wasn't nominated for Best Shooter of 2012 (GameSpot's Editors Choice Awards 2012) Halo 4 WON! Now COD fanboys can't say Black Ops 2 is better anymore! Did I forget to mention the ratings between Halo 4 and Black Ops 2? (Halo 4: 9.0 Black Ops 2: 8.0) To also prove that the Halo series is WAY better than the COD series, look at Black Ops Declassified ratings. Halo RULES! (I wonder how COD fanboys feel now)
#11 Posted by bmart970 (86 posts) -

Both are quite good. (Oh my goodness! He said CoD was good!) I think that they are both different. CoD is more percision and getting the drop on others whereas Halo is more about movement tactics and quick thinking. I enjoy both. Overall though, I think Halo is a better series I would say, but Halo 4 and CoD BO II are both very good in my opinion.

#13 Posted by HarpoThePig (8 posts) -
Halo 4 all the way, my friends. AMAZING graphics, AMAZING multiplayer, and REALLY cool armor.
#14 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
No....I think the graphics in halo 4 are amazing, when I said they werent, i was saying it like the COD fanboys are saying that Halo doesnt have good graphics....and yes I have played the game, I own the game,I have a halo tattoo also.I just get sick of these people that think it's cod or nothing....If it wasnt or halo then we wouldnt be playing online games on the console
#15 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

Without doubt I'd say both Halo 4 and Halo as a series absolutely ****s on the CoD franchise.

Black Ops 2 whilst it had some good ideas is an absolute abomination in execution. Shallow, poorly written, poorly coded single player and an unbalanced MP that caters to absolute losers. The good simply doesn't outweigh the archaic problems with that game.

If you want a 'modern warfare' shooter on the 360 it is Battlefield.

If you want an arcade frag fest on the 360 it is Halo.

#16 Posted by streetfighterDJ (24 posts) -

No....I think the graphics in halo 4 are amazing, when I said they werent, i was saying it like the COD fanboys are saying that Halo doesnt have good graphics....and yes I have played the game, I own the game,I have a halo tattoo also.I just get sick of these people that think it's cod or nothing....If it wasnt or halo then we wouldnt be playing online games on the consolemrsniper83

that's sooooooooooo true. black ops 2 is the ONLY game people talk about in my school. If Halo: Combat Evolved never released, there might've not have been CoD on the Xbox. Halo is the grandfather game of the xbox.

#17 Posted by eman624 (1 posts) -
It depend on what kind of a player you are cod is more of a noob friendly game that uses auto aim and magnetized bullets but can play solo easier online. Halo is for more advanced players who like to customize there own maps use team work and need to try to always aim for the head without the need of magnetized bullets or auto aim and lastly it has more customization for your character.
#18 Posted by wzd86 (16 posts) -

It depend on what kind of a player you are cod is more of a noob friendly game that uses auto aim and magnetized bullets but can play solo easier online. Halo is for more advanced players who like to customize there own maps use team work and need to try to always aim for the head without the need of magnetized bullets or auto aim and lastly it has more customization for your character.eman624

Not. CoD is for advanced players too. Depends on the game type. Play SnD and you'll find good playes.

There are noobs and campers in Halo 4 too. And fighting with the DMR against a Mech is just lame.

#19 Posted by PAL360 (26943 posts) -

Halo 4 is more fun, more balanced, more polished and more feature packed, it's not even close. Graphics wise, Halo 4 is up to the best on consoles! I don't think Black Ops 2 is even in the top 100.

#20 Posted by Demongod130 (1 posts) -
I'm sorry, but the halo 4 sounds were real sounds! if you payed attention you would know that the gun sounds are real gun sounds they recorded them. and halo 4 campaign is awful? IGN peoples choice, black ops 2 vote count, 16,496. halo 4 vote count 50,249. I think it Obvious who won.
#21 Posted by optimumublldog (1 posts) -
I love both of these games and enjoy playing each of them. I've always been a COD person but I'm always up for Halo. I make COD youtube vids and eventually I'll make some Halo. My youtube is optimumbulldog, feel free to check me out. Thanks!
#22 Posted by Black_Hand_313 (787 posts) -

Halo 4 vs Black Ops 2 - no comparison, Halo 4 is the clear winner for me.

#23 Posted by ExEliteSaber (1 posts) -
For the record, your a retard
#24 Posted by sirk1264 (5570 posts) -

Both are good and offer completely different ways too play. Halo 4 has better game play but it has terrible sound and worse graphics.  Call of Duty BO2 it feels like you are really in a war zone and the weapons more so then other Call of Duties sound amazing. They are both dumbed down games to say the least. Halo 4 takes slightly more skill but Call of Duty you feel cooler when you are doing good. When you throw in Zombies between these games it is kind of a push. Because Halo 4's campaign is awful. I'd give them both an 8/ 10.

Heclogit

Firstly, black ops 2's graphics are not better than halo 4. I have both. Secondly, both games sound is good. The guns feel like they have more pop in both games. They still pale in comparison to battlefields sound which is far superior to both. Halo takes more skill and call of duty is very simple as you just need a fast connection and just get the drop on a guy to get the kill. Guns are far from realistic as there is virtually no recoil whatsoever. 

#25 Posted by edbagel (35 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heclogit"]

sirk1264

Firstly, black ops 2's graphics are not better than halo 4. I have both. Secondly, both games sound is good. The guns feel like they have more pop in both games. They still pale in comparison to battlefields sound which is far superior to both. Halo takes more skill and call of duty is very simple as you just need a fast connection and just get the drop on a guy to get the kill. Guns are far from realistic as there is virtually no recoil whatsoever. 

When it was still in development they went to crazy extents to record sounds here's some: http://bf3blog.com/2011/03/recording-battlefield-3-audio-at-a-firing-range/ And when a Mexican't pulls host in Halo you can tell, trust me
#26 Posted by GregChung7 (2 posts) -
what are you retarded just because halo 4 got a few more points than bo2 doesn't make it better and it's not "waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy" better there both great games and you criticize cod fanboys when you yourself is obviously a halo fanboy and black ops declassified is not black ops 2 and at least there is a portable version so stop saying halo is better than black ops because it isn't there both good games idiot
#27 Posted by GregChung7 (2 posts) -
you have most likely haven't played the game and is most likely judging it from a trailer you saw and fyi there both great games
#28 Posted by vrath979 (1 posts) -
Halo 4 is by far a better game. It is not nearly the same game over again like Black Ops 2 is with the others of the Call of Duty series. Just because Halo 4 is set in a future that is much more distant than Black Ops 2 is, does not mean that CoD gets the nod for realism. Halo 4 actually should get the nod. Sure, the past of Halo 4 is definitely far fetched, but at least 343 has finally given a viable explanation for a respawn in multiplayer (I know, a FPS, versus people who are as much the good guys as you are, explained by mere battle simulation is not the most elaborate explanation, but at least 343 took the time to mention it, and to explain why.) And while the gameplay that exists in Spartan Ops is nowhere near as addictive as Black Ops' Zombies', the storyline is a million times more gripping than the Zombies'. Moreover, the storyline of Halo 4's campaign was the most anticipated campaign we have ever seen, and it more than lived up to the hype, blowing Black Ops 2's out of the water. More to that point, Halo 4's storyline reflected not some random, out of left field plot, but the fan fiction that had blossomed during and after the original trilogy. In short, in the course of one game, 343 proved itself a more competent game developer than Treyarch, and in my opinion even the old Activision of MW2, often considered the high point of the CoD series, because 343 actually listens to its fan base. It also has been morphing the online experience to best fit the players' preferences. The return of old game types that weren't on the original list due to requests made by the fans were great improvements. 343 has also began testing the water for new, innovative game types to treat the players with a game concept never before experienced.
#29 Posted by Skinon (86 posts) -
Halo 4 is by far a better game. It is not nearly the same game over again like Black Ops 2 is with the others of the Call of Duty series. Just because Halo 4 is set in a future that is much more distant than Black Ops 2 is, does not mean that CoD gets the nod for realism. Halo 4 actually should get the nod. Sure, the past of Halo 4 is definitely far fetched, but at least 343 has finally given a viable explanation for a respawn in multiplayer (I know, a FPS, versus people who are as much the good guys as you are, explained by mere battle simulation is not the most elaborate explanation, but at least 343 took the time to mention it, and to explain why.) And while the gameplay that exists in Spartan Ops is nowhere near as addictive as Black Ops' Zombies', the storyline is a million times more gripping than the Zombies'. Moreover, the storyline of Halo 4's campaign was the most anticipated campaign we have ever seen, and it more than lived up to the hype, blowing Black Ops 2's out of the water. More to that point, Halo 4's storyline reflected not some random, out of left field plot, but the fan fiction that had blossomed during and after the original trilogy. In short, in the course of one game, 343 proved itself a more competent game developer than Treyarch, and in my opinion even the old Activision of MW2, often considered the high point of the CoD series, because 343 actually listens to its fan base. It also has been morphing the online experience to best fit the players' preferences. The return of old game types that weren't on the original list due to requests made by the fans were great improvements. 343 has also began testing the water for new, innovative game types to treat the players with a game concept never before experienced.vrath979
ARRRRRRGGGHHHHH My eyes! The txt wall is looooming....
#30 Posted by Pyranimuz (1 posts) -
I agree with streetfighterdj, halo is the best. Call of duty is spray and pray the first one that shoots and hits get the kill. LAME!!
#31 Posted by demon565 (5167 posts) -
Why make a topic to discuss which game is better, when you clearly have an agenda against the COD series? Play which ever game you enjoy more and that's it.
#32 Posted by bmart970 (86 posts) -

It's a matter of personal preference. For me, Halo has been far better.

#33 Posted by SlaveZero40 (1 posts) -

Halo 4 FTW!!!!

I hate how the Aim Assist is so strong in this game. It's just as bad as CoD. Even N00Bs can 5-shot people now. Oh well. Still takes more effort to kill in Halo.

#34 Posted by jetjetjaguar (244 posts) -

Got um' both.  BO2 is currently on the shelf waiting for another chance.  Meanwhile I have been playing so much Halo 4 MP that I needed to take two days off to rest my thumbs!

Both are great games and, of course, it depends on what you like and are looking for.  I prefer S.F. settings and killing monsters instead of humans.  I found more jerks during my brief time with BO2 MP.  On my first MP Match someone even sent me a message telling me how bad I was.  Amazingly, and very luckly, I got my teams final kill against that player in the next match.

#35 Posted by Destroyer2569 (1 posts) -
wake up! halo 4 is stupid, the multiplayer sucks no kill streaks stupid weapons stupid maps. See! halo 4 is dumb black ops 2 has better campaign better multiplayer and surviving game modes like zombies. and well flood is stupid you cant get perks or ride on a bus you cant buy guns on the wall your just stuck with the same old stupid gun. and both campaigns are good but bo2 campaign is way better. so suck a dick
#36 Posted by RiskyyBusiness (2 posts) -
Dude, relax. So, you like Black Ops 2. That's fine. Nobody is holding it against you. It's all opinion. I myself play both games, though I enjoy Halo 4 more so. I have been a fan of Halo since the first and have been hooked on it since. For me, Halo 4's graphics are better, the campaign has always been far superior, and the multiplayer is much more light hearted than BO 2. Not to mention the variety of gametypes that Halo has to offer. Plus, Master Chief is one badass motha.
#37 Posted by karl445 (94 posts) -

Halo 2.

#38 Posted by nuker311 (155 posts) -

Heclogit
how you define better graphics depends on the eyes you are looking through. halo graphics has more of an futuristic/artistic stylized touch, whilst call of duty graphics are attempting to be realistic looking. im a halo person through and through, but ive been tempted to give the latest COD a try (maybe when I see a good deal on it)
#39 Posted by mattb122 (2 posts) -
Notice how black ops 2 has way better map packs, so it is the game that keeps on giving. The CoD franchise has more and better games, more realism and doesnt milk the same concept over and over again like halo. Point is, Call of duty is better
#40 Posted by mattb122 (2 posts) -
even now, halo has not gone away from the same old killing the covenant, black ops has very realistic and gripping story lines, both games are way more advanced than their predecessors, but black ops just a bit more, halo has a very confusing campaign, but black ops's campaign is easy to comprehend and is something that could conceivably happen. halo is a game that takes no skill in the arts of stealth or finesse, basically what halo has turned out to be is a race to see who can shoot the most bullets or throw the most grenades. Black ops you actually have to get the drop on someone and then execute the shot to near perfection. there is more in-game things to do in black ops, Zombies, Many different modes of multiplayer, campaign. There is also many more guns to use in black ops, Plus you can customize your weapons with camo and attachments to improve upon your weapons. There is way more ranks and in game stats on black ops 2. If you want a game that is addicting and is realistic and takes SKILL. buy black ops 2, if you want a child's game, buy halo 4, Point is guys, ratings are unreliable, anyone can say them. But if you own both games like I do, you will find that Black ops is a far more advanced, realistic, and a overall better game.
#41 Posted by TSG_Excalibur (1 posts) -
That's cuz you met them on Black Ops 2 then?
#42 Posted by drazet (4 posts) -
yeah halo is so amazing thats why there is only around 20000 people playing compared to cod with its avg of 200000 to 500000 people playing daily dont get me wrong i like halo 4 but i also like blops 2~~~ black ops does take skill and it does take team work i would like to see you take B with out a good team when i play with a team on black ops it is almost impossible to lose ~~you halo fanboys are funny you probably are just bad at cod so you are hating
#43 Posted by drazet (4 posts) -
maybe your just bad its not who gets the first shot people try shooting me in the back all the time they get the first shot then they get turned on and i kill them maybe you just need practice
#44 Posted by drazet (4 posts) -
agreed and the lack of guns in halo make it boring its fun to change things up change your style of play what is there like 6 guns in halo that you can pick from
#45 Posted by drazet (4 posts) -
even now, halo has not gone away from the same old killing the covenant, black ops has very realistic and gripping story lines, both games are way more advanced than their predecessors, but black ops just a bit more, halo has a very confusing campaign, but black ops's campaign is easy to comprehend and is something that could conceivably happen. halo is a game that takes no skill in the arts of stealth or finesse, basically what halo has turned out to be is a race to see who can shoot the most bullets or throw the most grenades. Black ops you actually have to get the drop on someone and then execute the shot to near perfection. there is more in-game things to do in black ops, Zombies, Many different modes of multiplayer, campaign. There is also many more guns to use in black ops, Plus you can customize your weapons with camo and attachments to improve upon your weapons. There is way more ranks and in game stats on black ops 2. If you want a game that is addicting and is realistic and takes SKILL. buy black ops 2, if you want a child's game, buy halo 4, Point is guys, ratings are unreliable, anyone can say them. But if you own both games like I do, you will find that Black ops is a far more advanced, realistic, and a overall better game. mattb122
agreed also thanks you said it all for me its like you read my mind
#46 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

Both series haven't gotten stale.  Both keep trying to out do the other and for the record I hate how Halo4 is trying to use cod style mp with drop ins n crap it's stupid and not like the Halo I grew up with at all.  Halo was never about fast paced action where you sprint across the map in less than a minute which makes the maps even the largest among the shortest in the series.

Both fo them have lost their appeal too me at least for now.  Make for a better physics engin, add destructive environment and gore and they will both be played by me.

Call of duty is so lame anymore they all feel the same and play the same.  Really dont care about this zombie mode and yes I've played them.  It's not why I got the games I was hoping for a more epic single player that lasted for more than a few hours.

In conclusion both games have a lot to improve on.

#47 Posted by madssiletti (4 posts) -
Halo all the way. Formula: P (plot) + I (Graphical imagery)+ C (Multiplayer customization)+ MP (Multiplayer) = H to the power of 4 > CoD X BO to the power of 2
#48 Posted by hp2110 (1 posts) -
I don't think they can really be compared. It would be like comparing the stats of 2 athletes that play different sports.
#49 Posted by youngmurk911 (3863 posts) -

If people think COD is better just because its realistic then just enlist in the army. Im sure you'll get your realism there.

ser136
#50 Posted by Black_Hand_313 (787 posts) -

Both games have lasting appeal to me even if they're not best in the series, and that's the most important thing. I still play both. My comparison:

Campaign: Halo 4 definitely wins here imo. Not only was it great to play as Chief again, they fleshed out his relationship with Cortana well imo and the Prometheans are a worthy addition to the universe - I personally don't miss the Flood. I'm just not sure it left me wanting more Halo the way the other games did. Black Ops II had some good ideas like the choices and strike force missions, but I felt they could have been implemented better (the SF missions were kinda ruined by the dumb AI imo).

Spartan Ops vs Zombies: I'd give it to Spartan Ops, even if it starts slow they had some really good Episodes later. I still miss Firefight though - offline all you have is campaign. Haven't played Zombies nearly as much; seems like more of the same with smaller maps.

Multiplayer: This one's a bit of a tossup. I'm a big fan of Black Ops II's Pick 10 system - it went a long way in holding my interest - despite mostly cramped maps. Halo 4's multiplayer is still fun and I liked some maps, but the map rotation seems pretty bad. I'm neutral towards the changes.

Overall: I would say Halo 4. I definitely felt they put more work into it.