Halo 4 Ranking System & Level Progression System info

#1 Posted by goliath792000 (29 posts) -

Check out this video about the Halo 4 progression system if you want to know what was released so far about the Halo ranking system.

Is it similiar to Halo 3? To Reach?

Is it going to be awesome and make you want to play even more?

http://youtu.be/JBRGa7bAdrw

#2 Posted by reuben161 (19 posts) -
i hope it will be just like the halo reach ranking system. because i loved that, and cant wait for halo 4 :D
#3 Posted by bmart970 (86 posts) -

I would like it to be like Reach because Halo 3's 1xp to level up made it hard to tell how long it would take to level up, and I likeh how the credits are the same as the xp in Reach.

#4 Posted by Dooran117 (1 posts) -
I personaly (and i mean absolutely no offense) belive anyone who wants the halo Reach levleing system is and idiot. The halo reach ranking and true skill systems were broken, and frankly, i cant put up with it again.
#5 Posted by blate45 (1 posts) -
Imo i want it to be new. It should reward you for playing the game. and it should also tell the people in the lobby how good you actually are. In Halo 3 if you saw a general on the other team you realized you were utterly f*&!'ed and i felt like reach was missing that
#6 Posted by Bansheezs (491 posts) -

It should be like halo 2, where you can go up and down levels depending on your skill. If a level 40 lost to a 10. the 40 would go down to 35 while the 10 would go up to 18. where as if a level 40 lost to a 39. They would stay about the same level. There was hardly any level 35+ on halo 2 because those people actually were amazing.

#7 Posted by paullywog (14149 posts) -
I personaly (and i mean absolutely no offense) belive anyone who wants the halo Reach levleing system is and idiot. The halo reach ranking and true skill systems were broken, and frankly, i cant put up with it again.Dooran117
i couldn't agree more. halo 2/3 had the best ranking system, it was actually competitive and routinely matched you with people of your skill level. reach felt like a bunch of random people tossed into a room together and told to play. really killed the series for me.
#8 Posted by taylor888 (2232 posts) -
It is in fact a rank system from 1-50 (like COD4 I guess). Maybe relative skill is still involved (ie like in Halo 3) but I am doubtful. I for one, like levelling up a character in any game, as in Halo Reach or COD. Hopefully though, they match make according to player skill .
#9 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

Reach's level system was stupid, no skill needed to rank up, you never get punished for doing horribly every game, was a noobs paradise really. Hopefully the punishment for betraying is more severe.

#10 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8832 posts) -
The fact you would make nearly twice as many points in the Jackpot than Game Performance in Reach really made me hate the game.
#11 Posted by xnight_ninjax (643 posts) -
Reach is what turned me off of halo. But this, this game looks amazing and I'm sure they are doing an excellent leveling system.
#12 Posted by Menace025 (1 posts) -
if you like the halo reach ranks your are oficialy a dumb asss
#13 Posted by dbartsch (210 posts) -
if you like the halo reach ranks your are oficialy a dumb asssMenace025
Halo 2 had the best match rating in my opinion. I think this version is going to be like all the other ranking systems with XP points. That's the kind of stuff that ruins multiplayer in my opinion. Rewards people who play non-stop, regardless of skill. My guess is they are doing it the COD way because you can buy Mt Dew and get double XP. That's trash