halo 4 limited edition, early access to specializations and map packs question..

#1 Posted by BeNOwNz (2940 posts) -

For those who bought the limited edition, there's a code for early access to 6 specializations but everything is still locked with the code, so was it a lie? lols. Also since we use the code now for the map pack/skins download then do we just automatically get the new maps when they are released? or would that work for people who bought the limited edition -.-

#2 Posted by kargion (430 posts) -

1. Map pass means when maps come out you will have access to download them free of charge since you paid for them all ready.

2. Your Specs are all unlocked but you have to finish the first one which finishes at 50 then I believe you can play any of them you want while the rest of us can't.  Currently I only see 3 specs including my starter.  So I assume they unlock wiht level or they will be dlc for us who didn't get legendary.

#3 Posted by Depressionz9 (1 posts) -
Does that mean that currently there aren't any extra map packs for the LE buyers? I noticed that there is already a map pack on the marketplace. And wasn't sure if that was the same, if so why did I get it free? Or if it was a completely different map pack? Which according to what you said about future map packs being free, why isn't this one?
#4 Posted by NeoJ4K3 (280 posts) -

You get the first 3 war games map packs free if you bought the LE.  The first war games map pack releases in December.

I cannot answer about the specilizations though, not to 50 yet

#5 Posted by fastpicker89 (2 posts) -

You get the first 3 war games map packs free if you bought the LE.  The first war games map pack releases in December.

NeoJ4K3
So I bought the Limited Edition, and punched in the code, but no new maps. Basically, when I go to the marketplace, it tells me if I already own the maps to get them from the Halo 4 in-game store. Been searching around for this, but have no idea where it is. Can anyone help me? I'm itching for some mappage.
#6 Posted by fastpicker89 (2 posts) -
[QUOTE="NeoJ4K3"]

fastpicker89
So I bought the Limited Edition, and punched in the code, but no new maps. Basically, when I go to the marketplace, it tells me if I already own the maps to get them from the Halo 4 in-game store. Been searching around for this, but have no idea where it is. Can anyone help me? I'm itching for some mappage.

Scratch that. I'm an idiot. I now understand that the map packs each have three maps, and I have the three downloaded already... I just can't use them because no one else has them!
#7 Posted by the_actor_man (9 posts) -

No, you don't have them downloaded already. They haven't been released yet. You have the War Games Map Pack PASS which means WHEN they are releasd you will be able to download them free. You do not have them yet. It's pretty simple.

#8 Posted by BeNOwNz (2940 posts) -

great thanks for the posts, with my LE I do see all the specializations shown to me so that means after I reach lvl 50 I should be able to use them all; while standard users must unlock each one through some sort of achievement?

#9 Posted by RaijinPlague (1 posts) -
Just for clarification, this thread specifically pertains to the Halo 4 Limited Edition and NOT the Limited Edition Halo 4 Console. Is that correct?
#10 Posted by Craedragun (1 posts) -
I'm pretty sure when they become available you download them from waypoint.
#11 Posted by lslreverbnation (1 posts) -
I only made an account to let you guys know that for those who bought the liimited and legendary edition. I was stuck between which edition I should buy, the standard or limited edition, then I read in greater detail and even asked the people at game stop what's the difference, especially with these maps they are saying will be with it. The guy didn't lie to me, he told me not to get the limited because I can't access any of it until the maps come out for everybody. It's a way for the company to make a lot of money up front. It may be cheaper but I may not want all those maps anyways. Though I do wish I got the limited anyways because I didn't realize how fast I would be leveling up, I'm already at a 64 and once I reach 70 it'll cap out. Gamestop or Microsoft or 343 didn't lie when they said that all the specializations will be available to the people who bought the limited or legendary, because they are available for those who did. You have to get to level 50 first which is reasonable and the way they described it on gamestops site. For the people who bought the standard edition and who have been playing since the game came out between I think it's Nov 20th or 30th, they will have access to the specializations before other people will. Basically the limited edition was made for people who play the game a lot and will be going through a lot of specializations before the 20th or 30th.