Cgi at Halo 4

#1 Posted by gamertono (25 posts) -

There´s something I haven´t seen posted in this forums. While watching the intro, you can see in the General speech all of the soldiers looks completely real, even I though for that footage actors were used, also for the scene of the crash of the starship.

If we come back in 2001, when Square Software revolutionazed with it´s fully CGI movie Final Fantasy The Spirits Within and the almost real CGI actors, we can see from that has passed 11 years, so is easy to think CGI actors are a real fact. So my question is: Did they use sensors on real actors to create these footage?, or Was complete CGI used?

I appreciate your comments

#2 Posted by anarayan (336 posts) -

Did you see the new game Beyond: Two Souls for the PS3? They made a protagonist look like Ellen Paige, the chick from the movie Juno. Was it completely CGI or was it some sort of picture that was made into a person? I don't know. But it is kind of related to the question you ask. Just thought of it myself.

#3 Posted by gamertono (25 posts) -
That´s the fact, dude I dunno, this why I ask.
#4 Posted by ZEALOTzeus (1992 posts) -

I'm fairly certain the opening was a live action trailer/intro.

halo marketing has a history of live action trailers.

I'm still waiting for halo 3 tv commercial quality. (the one with the kids in the grass) to be in-game

#5 Posted by RedSteels_Fury (171 posts) -

Did you see the new game Beyond: Two Souls for the PS3? They made a protagonist look like Ellen Paige, the chick from the movie Juno. Was it completely CGI or was it some sort of picture that was made into a person? I don't know. But it is kind of related to the question you ask. Just thought of it myself.

anarayan
It looks like Ellen Page because it is Ellen Page, but in that game they use facial tracking technology. In the halo 4 trailer they used real actors, and it looks like they added a filter effect similar to that used in the movie 300