Anyone else missing Rumble Pit (FFA) playlist as much as I am?

#1 Posted by abdelmessih101 (5230 posts) -

Rumble Pit was my most-played playlist in Reach. I'm a lone wolf by nature and I do fine in teams but my true love in Halo has been FFA since I got Reach.

Regicide is fun at times but it is simply not an acceptable alternative due to it's horrendous imbalance and BS circumstances. I wouldn't seeing them scrap Regicide altogether and bring in a bona fide FFA playlist like Rumble Pit.

Ideally, they would have infinity slayer with personal ordnance and custom loadouts, normal slayer with custom loadouts but no personal ordnance, slayer pro with preset loadouts, no personal ordnance, no radar, and of course oddball, KOTH, and juggernaut thrown in for some variety.

I could play a playlist like this all day everday regardless of whether my friends are playing. Regicide is garbage compared to my experience with Rumble Pit in Reach and Lone Wolves in H3. I miss it dearly. Anyone else with me? Also, is there any word on whether Rumble will be coming back?

#2 Posted by Flip1094 (18 posts) -

Definitely. I don't know why they wouldn't have a normal FFA playlist if they added Regicide, a FFA with heavily modified rules. Lone Wolf and Rumble Pit were some of the most played playlists in Halo 3 and Reach, as well has some of the most fun. I hope they add a new playlist to Halo 4 soon that is just a good ol' FFA.

#3 Posted by abdelmessih101 (5230 posts) -

Definitely. I don't know why they wouldn't have a normal FFA playlist if they added Regicide, a FFA with heavily modified rules. Lone Wolf and Rumble Pit were some of the most played playlists in Halo 3 and Reach, as well has some of the most fun. I hope they add a new playlist to Halo 4 soon that is just a good ol' FFA.

Flip1094
Good news - 343 will be adding an FFA playlist soon!! Hopefully it sticks around for more than 1 week this time and actually has slayer
#4 Posted by dahui58 (21562 posts) -

Agreed, Regicide favours average players and it means most games are a struggle since I usually quickly get to the top and give enemies massive bonuses as a result. How are you supposed to play it, it encourages you to play badly and not go for kill streaks...

A regular FFA playlist is needed! At the very least make it so and put Regicide in the mix, people won't vote for it anyway.