Rate Guild Wars 2

#1 Posted by raikiry (59 posts) -

Rate guild wars 2, as in graphics, story/quests, fun, and replayability with a score from 1 to 10 or as you see fit, and give an argument for your score in the graphics, story or whatever department.

#2 Posted by SuperKaio-ken (406 posts) -

9/10 so far

Docked points because I hate how the cutscenes in story mode are done.

#3 Posted by C2N2 (759 posts) -

2/10

My server is laggy as balls (people constantly dc, complaining, constant spikes of lag)...

Trading Post has never been up.

Mail has been down almost entire time.

sPvP lags out constantly (you will see 115 servers with 16/16 - DC - Look again and now 115 servers with 0/16).

WvW has queues of over and hour, which resets upon a DC...

Can't even do dungeons as our groups can't enter instances (been sitting here for 2 hours trying to get with 4 friends inside AC and it just doesn't work, we either can't get in or can just in 5 completely separate instances)...

We just did the Flame Legion Tombs mini dungeon that also bugged out with the final boss swimming around inside the wall obstructing every shot we put on him...

And it has been like this every day...

If you want a single player RPG with meh story and grind then this is ACE, otherwise, wait a couple weeks for the problems to subside.

#4 Posted by C2N2 (759 posts) -

2/10

My server is laggy as balls (people constantly dc, complaining, constant spikes of lag)...

sPvP lags out constantly (you will see 115 servers with 16/16 - DC - Look again and now 115 servers with 0/16).

Can't even do dungeons as our groups can't enter instances (been sitting here for 2 hours trying to get with 4 friends inside AC and it just doesn't work, we either can't get in or can just in 5 completely separate instances)...

We just did the Flame Legion Tombs mini dungeon that also bugged out with the final boss swimming around inside the wall obstructing every shot we put on him...

If you want a single player RPG with meh story and grind then this is ACE, otherwise, wait a couple weeks for the problems to subside.

#5 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

2/10

C2N2
You are not rating the game, you are rating your experience with it. If someone throws a ton of salt on my cheeseburger doesn't mean the cheeseburger wasn't good. Most new online games have lag and queue's, it should, imo, not be part of a gamereview unless it persists weeks after gamelaunch or is part of the core experience.
#6 Posted by brownstephen259 (267 posts) -
I would give guild wars 2 an 8.5/10 for graphics 8/10 For quest in game 9/10 for a fun factor 8/10 for replayability a 9/10
#7 Posted by Kickable (1094 posts) -
I want to hear every solitary complaint about crippling functionality if they're saying it's a common occurrence based on them and actual multiple friends they're trying to play with. I can choose to be cautious based on tone of their post after I read it all, or every other reply is calling them on their BS. It shouldn't be part of a professional number rating from source with a decent reputation maybe, they can mislead(even unintenionally) and even change minds for better or worse than any one of us can. He's clearly frustrated, I'm going to assume that's why he doesn't even bother to list things he does like which he should briefly at least, but he also gives them the benefit of the doubt that these issues might not even be there in 2 weeks, a surprisingly generous number if MMO launch history is any indicator. To me that hints he's not some bored anti-fanboy, so there's that at least. Fortunately for disgruntled impulse buyers(me minus disgruntled, i haven't had any of his problems at all besides Tradepost), this MMO has higher potential than any other i've put on the back burner temporarily because of technical issues. The typical feeling of "this better not suck later" I get on every single MMO based on gameplay mechanics is almost non-existent, but i'm not too high level yet so it could just be all me I guess, i'm not going to write off any reviews Graphics 8, not too many low points, game looks awesome enough as a whole to ignore texture resolution. However I'm really sick of bloom lighting being over used sooooo much, every game should have an adjustable intensity slider if that's technically possible. Story 7, but I haven't even progressed enough to where my character's side has been more than a general summary, i'm assuming it'll have alot higher points. Simple you facing them style cutscenes suck, but if we're going to compare it to the current standard the alternative would just be no change of view at all. Staring down at a conversation like it was before pushed "Complete quest", or half-a**ed cinematic cutscene with animation and direction so bad it's unintentionally funny Quests 8, dynamic events is one of the best ideas ever especially for casual players. That's only assuming people are not going to rely on them to get some of the best gear in the game, and the alternatives of fights/quests that take more planning will not be handled any worse most recent popular MMOs have handled them Fun and Replay I can't rate still in noob mode. Too much can happen from level 1-?? that has the potential make me regret alot of the grinding i've done and i'd say that for all MMOs. GW2 as it is now, I want to login even this late at night and play at least until late morning, risk sleeping all day and being tired at work on monday TL,DR: 9/10 keeping in mind there's way too much to experience yet gameplay and story-wise and just because i'm not having technical issues doesn't make ArenaNet something every MMO should rethink a lot and emulate ASAP. it was worth the $60 already, I would actually pay a monthly fee for what i've experienced so far if i knew it'd be consistent in general. good feeling that I'm guaranteed I never have to
#8 Posted by Kal036 (705 posts) -

I would give it a 89/100.

#9 Posted by DABhand (160 posts) -

I already gave it a 8.5 in my review, due to the fact points were docked for the bugs, obvious money making from NCsoft through the Black Lion Trading and the reused guild wars 1 music. And the cutscenes which was done to possibly make the game console friendly in the future instead of showing decent animated cutscenes.

#10 Posted by raikiry (59 posts) -

Just started playing and in my opinion the game has a weird learning curve and after you get over it the game becomes really fun.

#11 Posted by bladderworts (30 posts) -
90/100...extremely rewarding and fun MMORPG!