Lots of fans doing reviews I see.

#1 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -

Was almost in tears from the pain of laughing from all the people scoring GW2 a perfect 10. Why do they do this, GW2 has obvious flaws and bugs at the moment, so much so it doesn't warrant a perfect 10.

I gave it a 8.5 the 1.5 lost was because of the negatives. And of course the blatant "lets just use the old music from GW1".

Yes I know you will all say its their opinion, but their opinions must be flawed also nothing in this world is perfect. And the ones who scored 10 have small ass reviews like they don't know what the game entails etc, they just scored 10 for the sake of it.

Or maybe they haven't found the buy diamonds for stuff rubbish yet, oh yes you can buy currently for 20s per diamond but wait a month and the price for a single diamond will go up to about 5g per diamond or perhaps more.

So anyways, why do people persist in scoring titles full marks? Has anyone who will respond done this and what made them do this?

#2 Posted by Abulon99 (57 posts) -

to compensate for the idiots that gave 3/10!

#3 Posted by Titusthetiger (24 posts) -

Abulon99
Yeah right, as if the user score for GW2 was ever below 9.
#4 Posted by Titusthetiger (24 posts) -

Abulon99
#5 Posted by Titusthetiger (24 posts) -

Abulon99
#6 Posted by TheGuardianX (141 posts) -

Kind of sounds like you answered your own question.

I think one of the major things that made me give high praise for this game is the fact that the creators continue to keep the players in the loop of their actions on fixing the issues and improving the game. It is VERY RARE these days to see any game company care about its players more then money. That alone may have encouraged gamers to be optimistic and have faith that the game will eventually turn out even better. If you or anyone else can't see that, then I'm sorry for you.

However In the end, the bigger question is why do you care so much about someone else's scoring? I wouldnt imagine it effecting your personal life in any way.

#7 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -

Problem is NCsoft is caring more about the money, from the bank slot upgrades and bag slot, including various other future upgrades to characters etc. Obviously these need diamonds, right now its 20-30s per diamond and this will go up eventually due to demand, which will force people to pay for them. £8.99 for 800 diamonds smells of money grabbing to me.

As for the people who score 10 and why I am not amused, for one simple reason, people will see that many 10s they will think "oh great a perfect or amazing game" then get disappointed when they get it, it also bumps the review score up to much that people then expect more than it should be.

And most of the 10 reviews are useless as if they haven't played the game at all. Its a waste of peoples time. I know its not time friendly but there should be some sort of moderating to the reviews to only accept proper reviews, instead of low or high scores with an average 100 words.

#8 Posted by Alesthes (33 posts) -

I gave it a 10 because it's an overall evaluation of the game, not because I can't see there are bugs. We are in an age of constant updates, so bugs get fixed over time and as long as they are not seriously affecting my overall gaming experience (they are not...), I'd rather look at how the game is conceived, designed and delivered. I gave it a 10 because this game does almost everything in new ways and offers it with a level of creativity, skill and attention to details that was unseen for a long time. I played almost any medium/big MMO during these last 7 years and it's the first time that I find a game which takes almost any feature of the genre, innovates it and offers it to the players in a beautiful way. So, I give it a 10, because at the moment I think this is quite simply the new benchmark for the MMO genre. Who the hell cares about some bugs which will probably be fixed tomorrow, really.

Look at the big picture and, above all, stop with this attitude, so that all those who give a different evaluation from your must be clearly "fanboys" or "haters". They may quite simply have a different view which you weren't able to get.

#9 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -
Quoting me saying Fanboys and Haters? Where did I say those... thats right I didn't. Big picture is this, people will mark a game up because they are liking it and don't want a good reasonable and honest score being shown for the other reviews. To me thats childish, its just as bad as marking something 1, for example C&C4 and many people doing that. The fact that NCsoft also has taken features of other MMOs should scare you, it shows that they aren't being innovative enough. Hell as said already they couldn't even do another music score for the game, its all GW1 music. As for a different view I wasn't able to get, please lets not be stupid yes? Nothing is perfect, giving a game a 10 means its perfect.. It isn't. And for example you saying its a 10 because bugs will be fixed quickly... shows your lack of intuition... I guarantee that 2 months on some bugs will stay in the game. And the pay for diamonds feature will still plague the player (why should someone who has paid a good price for GW2 not get the full bank slots or bag slots, or alternate methods of using in game currency to purchase the slots?) Don't get me wrong I love the game, its huge, and has fun fights... but the bugs are real and negatives are real.
#10 Posted by Nixsoul (37 posts) -

I feel the need to inform you the soundtrack of Guild Wars 1 and 2 are not the same. Some tracks sound similiar as a way to generate nostaglia from GW1 players, but they are by no means just copied and pasted.

On the other hand, I agree that people shouldn't rate games up to 10 without thorough explanations for why it's deserving that number 10.

Source: Owns Guild Wars 1 Soundtrack and plays Guild Wars 2 excessively.

#11 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -

Oh the music is a direct copy from GW1 (that includes all standalones and GWEN)

#12 Posted by Laguniroth (50 posts) -

Why does it bother you that ANET is trying to make money off of their game? It isn't like they're nickling and diming their customers like *some* MMO's do. Hell like *MOST* MMO's do.. Even ones that charge a monthly fee to play (which I will remind you that GW 2 does not).

Also, nothing in the gem shop is game breaking. Trust me, I've come from a game that's pay to win, it seems like ANET has gone out of their way to be the exact opposite. Gems for extra bank space and character slots? That's a standard in MMO's today.

As for the Gem store ~ Gold direct trading. This was done explicitly to combat the chinese gold farmers that are going to be SELLING GOLD FOR REAL LIFE MONEY ANYWAYS. It also keeps the economy balanced, remember it works both ways, you don't have to spend ANY real life money on gems and can instead opt to trade gold thet you earn in game directly for gems, circumventing paying all together if you have enough gold. Frankly, this is brilliant on ANETs part and I wish more games had systems like this in place.

#13 Posted by Polarballs (13 posts) -

I think one of the major things that made me give high praise for this game is the fact that the creators continue to keep the players in the loop of their actions on fixing the issues and improving the game. It is VERY RARE these days to see any game company care about its players more then money. That alone may have encouraged gamers to be optimistic and have faith that the game will eventually turn out even better. If you or anyone else can't see that, then I'm sorry for you.

However In the end, the bigger question is why do you care so much about someone else's scoring? I wouldnt imagine it effecting your personal life in any way.

TheGuardianX

It's ironic that you started with the 'answer your own question' jibe and the smug, self righteous 'I'm sorry for you' bs because then you show exactly why giving a game a 10 is a bad idea.  You see, your perfect 10 does affect my personal life and that of the OP.  Every Fan boy that gives a game a 10 is telling Anet and every other company out there to continue making decent games and we'll snatch them off the shelf and set little shrines up around our computers while we play.  Oh the marketplace is down again and I can't use the mail?  Thank you messiah!  Why go to all the effort it takes to make a great game when a slight improvement over the last one gets a perfect score? Yay Mediocrity!  As for Anet caring about us more than money, thats stupid.  Keeping players informed is just a good business practice and I do give them kudos but come on, nobody runs a business on love and tender feelings.

If I were to rate this game today I'd give it an 8, because right now it's a 7 but I think it will turn into a 9 once they work the kinks out.  My review would mention something about how it's still in beta, but that it's like an old house with 'good bones' and tons of potential.  My review would be loved by all.  Other than the fanboys but they don't count.

#14 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -

Why does it bother you that ANET is trying to make money off of their game? It isn't like they're nickling and diming their customers like *some* MMO's do. Hell like *MOST* MMO's do.. Even ones that charge a monthly fee to play (which I will remind you that GW 2 does not).

Also, nothing in the gem shop is game breaking. Trust me, I've come from a game that's pay to win, it seems like ANET has gone out of their way to be the exact opposite. Gems for extra bank space and character slots? That's a standard in MMO's today.

As for the Gem store ~ Gold direct trading. This was done explicitly to combat the chinese gold farmers that are going to be SELLING GOLD FOR REAL LIFE MONEY ANYWAYS. It also keeps the economy balanced, remember it works both ways, you don't have to spend ANY real life money on gems and can instead opt to trade gold thet you earn in game directly for gems, circumventing paying all together if you have enough gold. Frankly, this is brilliant on ANETs part and I wish more games had systems like this in place.

Laguniroth
If you don't count extending your bank slots as game breaking then so be it. But they did not have to put that feature in, but they did as they know as people get closer to 80 the bank will be more needed than ever, how are people meant to keep their crafted items to sell when the Trading Post finally works? You can't deposit them like materials. If you think it will stop the selling of ingame money then you are sadly mistaken, its not just chinese farmers that was so 3 years ago, now anyone including the chinese gold farmers do it. The thing that may combat the farmers is the fact characters are leveled to the area making it difficult to solo the place to farm. Also when the demand becomes high with more and more players getting to 80 the cost per diamond will rise easily to a few gold coins (at the moment it is 20-30 silver) so the people who usually buy gold from dodgy sites will do it again to be able to buy them if needed. But GW1 was never meant to be about money making, they brought out 2 more standalone Guild Wars and an Expansion, with a DLC or two. Nothing major, now its worse, it will just open the door for stupid cosmetics and other things... to the point it will become pay 2 win, NCsoft has become greedy (Anet the developers wouldn't have wanted this, most left Blizzard originally because of the money grabbing and formed Anet) and have noticed other MMOs that have failed to live up to expectations have gone from premium to free 2 play models.
#15 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -
Fortunately the trading post is back up, unfortunately this will see a gold > diamond price increase as more people gain more money to spend.
#16 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

Was almost in tears from the pain of laughing from all the people scoring GW2 a perfect 10. Why do they do this, GW2 has obvious flaws and bugs at the moment, so much so it doesn't warrant a perfect 10.

I gave it a 8.5 the 1.5 lost was because of the negatives. And of course the blatant "lets just use the old music from GW1".

Yes I know you will all say its their opinion, but their opinions must be flawed also nothing in this world is perfect. And the ones who scored 10 have small ass reviews like they don't know what the game entails etc, they just scored 10 for the sake of it.

Or maybe they haven't found the buy diamonds for stuff rubbish yet, oh yes you can buy currently for 20s per diamond but wait a month and the price for a single diamond will go up to about 5g per diamond or perhaps more.

So anyways, why do people persist in scoring titles full marks? Has anyone who will respond done this and what made them do this?

DABhand

Because you cant rate an MMO on the first week of bugs. The first week of bugs and login issues due to over a million people trying to play at once has no baring on the game its self or its future. In fact, the anet team has done an amazing job squeesing most issues in its first week of launch. Since playing everquest back in 2001, i have not seen a launch this smooth for the scale of the game.

Why do you care so much that other people are easier to please and some people cant be pleased at all when it comes to game ratings? I am fully enjoying the game and I gave it a 10. Now that the trading post is working again, I dont have a single    thing to complain about. That is my opinion and I dont know who you think you are to saw anyones opinion is flawed.

#18 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

[QUOTE="Laguniroth"]

DABhand

If you don't count extending your bank slots as game breaking then so be it. But they did not have to put that feature in, but they did as they know as people get closer to 80 the bank will be more needed than ever, how are people meant to keep their crafted items to sell when the Trading Post finally works? You can't deposit them like materials. If you think it will stop the selling of ingame money then you are sadly mistaken, its not just chinese farmers that was so 3 years ago, now anyone including the chinese gold farmers do it. The thing that may combat the farmers is the fact characters are leveled to the area making it difficult to solo the place to farm. Also when the demand becomes high with more and more players getting to 80 the cost per diamond will rise easily to a few gold coins (at the moment it is 20-30 silver) so the people who usually buy gold from dodgy sites will do it again to be able to buy them if needed. But GW1 was never meant to be about money making, they brought out 2 more standalone Guild Wars and an Expansion, with a DLC or two. Nothing major, now its worse, it will just open the door for stupid cosmetics and other things... to the point it will become pay 2 win, NCsoft has become greedy (Anet the developers wouldn't have wanted this, most left Blizzard originally because of the money grabbing and formed Anet) and have noticed other MMOs that have failed to live up to expectations have gone from premium to free 2 play models.

Extra bank slots as game breaking?!?! You failed to mention ALL crafting items go into a collectable bank that cost nothing and takes up no room from your bank. The collectable bank is a game changer! 

As far as gold farmers, there is a reason its dead in games like WoW, EVE, SWTOR... Its because you always get caught. You really think ANET is stupid to not install the same measures into their servers?

Now for your pay to win ponzi scheme you think will be created. Lets try to look at this in a business sense. How would ANET continue to keep its customer base which has expressed huge amount of dis taste to play to win? They know the longesvity and future of this game hinges on just that. But I guess a gamespot poster knows more about ANET business plan and what their future looks like then they do.

#19 Posted by TheGuardianX (141 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardianX"]

Polarballs

It's ironic that you started with the 'answer your own question' jibe and the smug, self righteous 'I'm sorry for you' bs because then you show exactly why giving a game a 10 is a bad idea. You see, your perfect 10 does affect my personal life and that of the OP. Every Fan boy that gives a game a 10 is telling Anet and every other company out there to continue making decent games and we'll snatch them off the shelf and set little shrines up around our computers while we play. Oh the marketplace is down again and I can't use the mail? Thank you messiah! Why go to all the effort it takes to make a great game when a slight improvement over the last one gets a perfect score? Yay Mediocrity! As for Anet caring about us more than money, thats stupid. Keeping players informed is just a good business practice and I do give them kudos but come on, nobody runs a business on love and tender feelings.

If I were to rate this game today I'd give it an 8, because right now it's a 7 but I think it will turn into a 9 once they work the kinks out. My review would mention something about how it's still in beta, but that it's like an old house with 'good bones' and tons of potential. My review would be loved by all. Other than the fanboys but they don't count.

My statement "kind of sounds like you answered your own question" was geared towards one statement the OP said in his post that stuck out the most......"Yes I know you will all say its their opinion". I only rated the game as a 10 based on my own personal opinion.

Everyone has their opinions, standards, or whatever that they love in a game. Why do I have to score a game based on someone else's views? Because it effects their personal life? Sorry but sounds like a personal problem to me. This is not a life or death situation. It's a Video Game..... and though I am trained in the armed forces to protect you in the country, I was not trained to help you on your personal issues. However what I can do is end my part in this discussion by saying I'm sorry if my personal score effects your personal life.

#20 Posted by trueepower44 (67 posts) -

I haven't rated the game myself yet, but I foresee a possible 9 or above rating. I prefer a game with strong pvp - and Guild Wars 2 I believe is that game. Also, graphics and design is great. There are many small things that make this game flow. Combat is faster than a regular MMO. The game feels fast and exciting so far. I need more time before I do my own review. I agree that games like this need more time before a review can be done. I just think people foresee a high rating, and are just giving it now.

If I were to give a rating of GW2 now, I would rate it at a 9.5 (and rounded up from 9.4).

#21 Posted by Laguniroth (50 posts) -

I see nothing at all that makes me believe that ANET has "Become greedy" in fact quite the opposite. In one of the BWE's, many MANY people complained about the dyes.. upon becoming identified they were untradable, even when bought in the gem store, hence making some people end up with things they paid for but were worthless to them. Not only did they change this in the final release, they made the gem store packs give MORE dyes, and made identified dyes that WERENT gotten from the gem store tradable too. It should also be noted that everything in the gem store is either cosmetic or obtainable in other ways... And that isnt even counting my original point that you could literally buy ANYTHING in the gem store without spending a penny of real money (thanks to the silver to gem trading that you hate for some reason.)

And I guess you didn't realize this, but Guild Wars 2 has ALWAYS been about making money. This isn't just MMO's this is a fact of life. Programers, game moderators, game artists, and story writers, all need to be paid, and server space costs money as well. But it seems to me that ANET has found the perfect balance between getting themselves money and keeping their fans happy. And yeah theyre going to be making expansions and charging for them.. It could be worse though... They could make expansion after expansion, about stupid crap like pandas or what not, charge for them, AND still charge a monthly fee to play the game like certain other games that will remain nameless.

#22 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -
Extra bank slots as game breaking?!?! You failed to mention ALL crafting items go into a collectable bank that cost nothing and takes up no room from your bank. The collectable bank is a game changer!urbansys
You missed out one important thing, not everything is storable, including some made materials, wait till you have more than 1 character (they share the same bank) then you will see why it is annoying, 30ish spaces in a bank between 5 characters is laughable. But today I found out, that NCsoft has mucked up the Gold > Diamond equation, right now you can get 500 diamonds+ for 1g50s. 6G at the moment = Digital Deluxe Upgrade. Expect this to be fixed :)
#23 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -
And I guess you didn't realize this, but Guild Wars 2 has ALWAYS been about making money. This isn't just MMO's this is a fact of life. Programers, game moderators, game artists, and story writers, all need to be paid, and server space costs money as well.Laguniroth
I would never have figured that out, thanks for pointing that out to me, I shall tell my fellow Bioware staff members about this innovative thought of yours :) The problem mainly was the fact Guild Wars 2 was supposed to be equally similar to Guild Wars 1, one price done, get everything available to you. Now its changed to "can't be bothered farming for gold to buy diamonds... don't worry buy them with real money", like the above reply, you will have to unlock the bank slots sooner or later due to the fact the bank is shared between all characters, positive out of that is everything you collect on one character and store in a bank is available to a new character making professions levelling quick early on (essentially free XP for them especially with any boost upgrades that give double XP for 1hr).
#24 Posted by LousShar (2290 posts) -

Guild Wars 1 still had a money mart, though not sure about shared banking so I'll let you have that one

#25 Posted by Laguniroth (50 posts) -

Fellow bioware staff members eh? I see you're quite the impartial reviewer then >.>

#26 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -

Guild Wars 1 still had a money mart, though not sure about shared banking so I'll let you have that one

LousShar
Yep it is shared including mats, so you can have a main character collect ore if your not a smith, and then start a warrior or guardian and then use them. But yeah only so much slots are available to 5 characters or more if you buy more slots. So when you start mass producing things later on, space becomes a luxury. See if your serious about this game you will end up using diamonds, and you may not want to farm the gold for the exchange so you may end up just buying them. @Laguniroth, I am impartial, I gave GW2 8.5, but game a few Harry Potter games mid range scores.
#27 Posted by only495 (3 posts) -
When teens and young adults realise corporation's primary purpose is to achieve financial sustainability backed by profits and revenue, the worldwide debate between loving and greedy corporations will cease to exist. Reality check. Corporations are greedy inherently and that is how they survive. Only once they've achieved a degree of sustainability will they focus on the peripheral goals - customer satisfaction and loyalty. Do yourself a favour and conduct some self-reflection into this realisation.
#28 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -
I am not a young adult or a teen, way to go generalising there! What you fail to realise, and I am guessing you a replying to me, is GW2 was sold as a complete package, only difference was the deluxe and collectors editions had more candy with them. But you find out soonish that you have to work very hard to get the necessary in game gold to unlock bank slots and a bag slot, or do it the quickest way and buy diamonds to unlock them is very very bad and this was not mentioned at all by the developers and/or publisher so people bought the game to find out they didn't get what they thought they would. Ok it may be a way of combating gold sellers in a sense, but don't reduce the game's functions by forcing people to use the new system to get the most out of their characters.. Could you imagine WoW forcing you to potentially farm constantly for a week or two or buying online currency to open up bank slots instead of the usual ingame gold? It would be a riot on the forums. Again the fact they never mentioned this, has left a sour taste in players' mouths. Its almost like buying a box of cereal say Frosties and opening the packet to see that its just corn flakes, with the instructions to "unlock the sugary coating please buy this pack from your local store thanks", you too would be miffed.
#29 Posted by wolfienigma (98 posts) -

I am not a young adult or a teen, way to go generalising there! What you fail to realise, and I am guessing you a replying to me, is GW2 was sold as a complete package

Its almost like buying a box of cereal say Frosties and opening the packet to see that its just corn flakes, with the instructions to "unlock the sugary coating please buy this pack from your local store thanks", you too would be miffed.DABhand

I purchased Guild Wars 2 as a complete package and it is a complete package. A package that has had very few errors and server downtimes, as well as no major bugs preventing me from playing and enjoying the game

I bought a box of Frosties expecting it to be a Box of Frosties. You seem to have bought a box of Frosties expecting it to be something more.

You are setting stupid expectations of a game that is released in 2012. Guild Wars 1 was not released in 2012 and the gaming industry has changed. Things change, people have to keep up with the times.

Do you own a Smart Phone? or are you using a 10 year old phone? I will go out on a limb here and say you have kept up with the changes.

#30 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -
Not stupid expectations, nobody was informed that potential money could be used to purchase more bank slots or a bag slot, and now their blatant disregard over account security with the whole store your 3 digit security code for your credit card so if your account is hacked you can lose real money through no fault of your own and they can brush it off as not their problem. IS VERY BAD. My score of 8.5 has now dropped to 6.0 due to this and the poor customer support is souring peoples enjoyment of the game. I think Anet will be lucky to survive after their illegal credit card security key storage, very lucky if they come out unscathed.
#31 Posted by wolfienigma (98 posts) -

Would you pay a $15 a month subcription fee for free bank slots?

Better yet, take a single months subscription payment from all your other MMORPGS to purchase bank slots and anything else you would like to get with gems, then continue to be happy that you are not spending a further $15 every month just to log in.

#32 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -

You are assuming that I haven't played any other MMOs, I have been in WoW for 7 years, leaving it as I don't want to pay for another half expansion which Mists of Pandaria will be. EVE, LOTRO, etc... been there done it. But you argument about the $15 per month is moot, as im an old Guild Wars player also and I know from that the game would be free from subscription, and like GW1 it should have been available fully, which GW2 was not and nobody was told about it. How many people would pay for it if they had known? Exactly.

#33 Posted by NeoGen85 (4155 posts) -

From my understand, a perfect score have been give to many videogames from many major sources including Gamespot. For videogames, a perfect score does not mean it's without flaw but the overall design of the game is good that those flaws can be passed up. Now I am enjoying Guild Wars 2, but would I give it a 10 out of 10? No but I do think it's one of the best games of the year so far.

There are a few things I do dislike about GW2. The game does a poor job at introducing some of these new mechanics to the player, trading with others isn't easy, and the trading post some needs work. But there are more good things about the game that out weigh the bad. And you can say the same thing about those who are and are not enjoying Guild Wars 2.

To be honest, I am liking the reactions everyone is having about it amongst core gamers. And the media reception is overwhelming with more than good news. Even though we've had lots MMORPGs in the past few years which weren't bad, many of them did not leave this much of a impact on gamers as Guild Wars 2. The last time a MMORPG like this wanted to be played by tons of people was World of Warcaft. Will GW2 become another pop culture reference? I don't know. But it's good to see something else in the genre that clearly has a fighting chance.

#34 Posted by PetJel (3722 posts) -

Buying stuff in GW2 is a luxury, nothing more. You can get everything with ingame gold aswell. Basic farming mats don't take up bank space.

They need a system like this so people don't make 45 characters all with bank tabs full of collectibles that they rarely play but do take up server space amongst other things I assume. They also need a basic source of income to pour back into server upkeep since this is a one time buy game after all.

On one hand I have enough gold after a little bit of auctioning to buy more bank tabs, on the other hand I'd glady pay a few bucks for a permanent upgrade and skip the farming process. Buying gems for this game is just_ a_luxury if you cba farming / basic ingame money making. and nothing more.

#35 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -

Buying stuff in GW2 is a luxury, nothing more. You can get everything with ingame gold aswell. Basic farming mats don't take up bank space.PetJel

Yeah and its easier at higher levels to collect the money needed, but to get there is a lot of effort. One thing people keep brushing under the proverbial carpet is the fact nobody was advised this would be the case, so you had a number of GW1 fans thinking they will get much more of the same. Only to find a system which is trying to force you to either work extremly hard to fully enjoy the game instead of being somewhat casual to get things (like bank slots and bag space) or to just buy it.

They need a system like this so people don't make 45 characters all with bank tabs full of collectibles that they rarely play but do take up server space amongst other things I assume. They also need a basic source of income to pour back into server upkeep since this is a one time buy game after all.

45 characters? That would be impossible of course. You are only allowed an initial 5 characters, you have to purchase more character slots on the one server you pick. Source of income is the cost of the game hence why it is a higher price, which should include the ability to easily get bank slots and a bag slot at a later time through in game currency, essentially people paid more money for a game that isn't 100% there, in turn making some players (and they have done it) bought diamonds with real currency to get things that are missing.

On one hand I have enough gold after a little bit of auctioning to buy more bank tabs, on the other hand I'd glady pay a few bucks for a permanent upgrade and skip the farming process. Buying gems for this game is just_ a_luxury if you cba farming / basic ingame money making. and nothing more.

Nobody said it wasn't a luxury, thats putting words into peoples mouths so to speak. The fact is nobody expected that to be the case. Luxury is the extra skins, glasses etc, but when it involves actual game mechanics then yes it is very wrong again especially when people are not informed before or during purchasing of the game.

#36 Posted by wolfienigma (98 posts) -

Luxury is the extra skins, glasses etc, but when it involves actual game mechanics then yes it is very wrong again especially when people are not informed before or during purchasing of the game.

DABhand

News Flash: 1 extra bank slot is not a game mechanic, it's a luxury. You already have free bank storage + Collectable storage.

Have you seen how many FREE slots you get from the Collectables storage? Hundreds. Do you want to complain about that too?

#37 Posted by DABhand (156 posts) -
It IS a game mechanic when it affects all characters, especially the bank slots which are shared between all characters, sooner or later if you play with more than 1 character you WILL have to upgrade it and that requires diamonds, if you are a casual player someone not into hours of farming for ingame gold then it will be hard to get the diamonds, so the only other choice is to pay for them, and that was the intent of Anet. As for collectables, they had to do that, because for the fact that if you didn't have storage for them then bank slots would have been needed and they would have had to provide more space initially or else people would have went to war against them on their forums and support tickets. They are in enough trouble at the moment with the fact about credit card storage and what info they did keep. Last thing they would need right now aswell as all the hacked and exploit usage accounts is for people to mass complain and demand refunds on the basis they are forced to buy more bank slots early on for collectable storage, hence why it had to be added.