Levelling derailed

#1 Posted by DarkManiaN_1979 (980 posts) -

So I cleared the my human warrior story up through the Field of Ruins (30-40), finishing the area at level 40 and moved on to some crafting etc, that helped bump me up to level 42.

I completed my story (for lvl 42) in the next zone (45-55) but obviously since I fall short of being able to competently participate due to my lower level, I'm thinking I've missed something.

Has anyone else experienced this abnormality?

I'm aware that I could just grind and/or repeat dynamic events I've already completed, or I could farm mats and craft again but I'm more concerned there isn't content for completion in the area my story has sent me to. There is no bread crumb to any quests my level and it feels awefully derailed at this point.

#2 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

So I cleared the my human warrior story up through the Field of Ruins (30-40), finishing the area at level 40 and moved on to some crafting etc, that helped bump me up to level 42.

I completed my story (for lvl 42) in the next zone (45-55) but obviously since I fall short of being able to competently participate due to my lower level, I'm thinking I've missed something.

Has anyone else experienced this abnormality?

I'm aware that I could just grind and/or repeat dynamic events I've already completed, or I could farm mats and craft again but I'm more concerned there isn't content for completion in the area my story has sent me to. There is no bread crumb to any quests my level and it feels awefully derailed at this point.

DarkManiaN_1979

You can't efficiently farm mats because ANET has anti-farming software built into the game.  That's not a joke, there is really anti-farming software built into the game.  So save yourself a world of trouble and don't try to level through crafting.  The original people who leveled through crafting did it during the early access using guild-donated materials and they immediately hotfixed the exp so what used to give you 10,000 exp now only gives about 180.  Seriously, don't try to level through crafting.

You aren't missing anything, you're running into the crunch most people start hitting about level 25.  For whatever reason, maybe it was lucky Dynamic Event spawns throughout your leveling, you are just now hitting this wall.  There's really nothing you can do about it.  Check your world map and see if there is an undiscovered area within your level range and go do the hearts and DE's in that zone.  You'll eventually catch up.  The other option is to go shouting for a party for dungeons, go to town and find a battlemaster for SPvP or use your finder for WvWvW.  If you go the WvWvW route, make sure you bring a Rifle and/or Longbow because melee is a total nonstarter in WvWvW, you'll be slaughtered.  Take it from me, scoring kills is hard in WvWvW so someone stupid enough to charge into melee is asking to get DPS trained I do it with my Mesmer every time someone tries to play Rambo.