IS GW2 good or NOT?

• 59 results
#1 Posted by fiendless7 (572 posts) -

sick of the BIASED opinions, the fanboys, and the haters. please lord just give me an honest to god answer.

#2 Posted by SsjChrisKo (642 posts) -

No one knows you or your preferences, how would you expect them to answer for you.

Spend the cash and find out.

The game is not for me ill be quitting a week or 2 after I hit max level, but thats just me.

#3 Posted by Battlemed (21 posts) -

It is good, very good.

as a MMORPG, it's woth the cash, much better than ANY MMORPG relesed in the past decade.

#4 Posted by schnooty (5 posts) -
I played for a couple hours, and my opinion is that I don't like this game at all. Character creation is very confusing. There are too many people working together in the "quests" or whatever BS name they decided to call them, so it becomes very confusing. I felt like I was doing a whole lot of nothing while a billion people zerged the "quest" objectives. Between autoattack and the not so impactful combat, I was not impressed with this aspect of the game. I like to feel like I'm in control of my attacks and movement, and you don't get that feeling in this game. There is way too much slow running around for the story "quest". Worst of all, I was forced to save a gay plant guy's boyfriend to progress on the story "quest". My advice, if you want a new MMO, try The Secret World. It's a blast, not perfect, but fun as any of the last 20 mmo's I played.
#5 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

The only thing that worries me is that I've seen a lot of people say that the PVE / leveling becomes boring, really fast.

#6 Posted by 2bitSmOkEy (2713 posts) -

It gets boring kinda quick.

#7 Posted by Agent_Shadow (1 posts) -

To start I'm only level 16 on my main so I haven't gotten as far as others but personally I would give this game a 7 maybe 7.5. The graphics, character customization, and gameplay are all good in my opinion. What I find the most displeasing is the lack of more then one "quest" in an area. From what I've seen so far there is only one quest(besides story) and maybe the odd event quest in any area. So you like reach another small town or fort and there is only one thing you can do there. So basically when you are doing your storyline quests and you aren't at a high enough level yet but you've done the few quests that are in your range you are stuck doing certain event quests that respawn every like 20-30 minutes over and over because exp from killing enemies is in my opinion rather low(and yes i know about the food items you can buy to increase exp given by enemies). Still like I said at the beginning I'm only level 16. Also I have yet to play the pvp aspect of the game but from what people are saying in the general chat the game seems to be more situated towards pvp then pve atleast as far as the end game gameplay is concerned.

Edit: Also to one of the posts above me I will admit that fact that you end up doing quests with 5-20 other people and still getting say a gold rating is pretty stupid. There was this one mission to kill a mini boss in a cave and I pretty much had just walked into the cave and the boss was killed and it gave me a gold rating soooo.... yeah. Alot of the time you acually don't even end up having to do anything because of other people. If they were people I had partied up with then yeah sure whatever but when its just random people...

#8 Posted by Titusthetiger (24 posts) -

GW2 is a kids game. If you play games for a good challenge, a good story or to make new friends stay the f uck away from this game. I played it for 10 hours, gave it a fair chance but for an adult gamer there's really nothing here to like or get hooked on. 

#9 Posted by stan_hg (39 posts) -

I have to agree with the posts above. Also that anime style of the art is too much imo.

Sadly, GW1 is a lot better and more innovative than a GW2.

#10 Posted by Baselerd (5104 posts) -

A lot of haters here...

I'm going to throw my vote out for getting it. Some people can never be pleased, but nobody can argue (reasonably) that this game isn't an innovative quality title. There are some launch issues with the game, but the devs have been steadily addressing the issues one by one.

As for questing in the noob areas, there is a lot of zerging going on - I think that's expected to subside once the distribution of player levels becomes more even (i.e not 100% of the population in the level 1-15 zones).  I'm having a great time with the game :)

#11 Posted by Aureoloss (27 posts) -

The game is great. Most people on these forums are too young to form an unbiased opinion. Unfortunately there's no free trial, so you'll have to watch videos and decide for yourself

#12 Posted by SsjChrisKo (642 posts) -

The game is great. Most people on these forums are too young to form an unbiased opinion. Unfortunately there's no free trial, so you'll have to watch videos and decide for yourself

Aureoloss

Just for your knowledge oh supposedly wise sir. Opinions are always full of bias the existance of an unbiased opinion is a complete oxymoron in every regards.

To understand what an opinion is and what bias means there is no possible way to wish for an unbiased opinion.

To help this supposedly old wise one out. He enjoys the game and thinks it is great.

Watching videos is a silly waste of time, it is a one time buy game, if you cannot afford to buy it then you might want to rethink your free time and get further gainful employment so that you have more fluid luxury cash.

It is worth a purchase and play to see if it is your type of game.

If you are a frequent player of many MMOS my response in this post may help by providing you with detailed information on game breakdown.

http://www.gamespot.com/guild-wars-2/forum/hows-the-end-game-aspect-of-this-game-29273361/?page=1

#13 Posted by SsjChrisKo (642 posts) -

Aureoloss

Just for your knowledge oh supposedly wise sir. Opinions are always full of bias the existance of an unbiased opinion is a complete oxymoron in every regards.

To understand what an opinion is and what bias means there is no possible way to wish for an unbiased opinion.

To help this supposedly old wise one out. He enjoys the game and thinks it is great.

Watching videos is a silly waste of time, it is a one time buy game, if you cannot afford to buy it then you might want to rethink your free time and get further gainful employment so that you have more fluid luxury cash.

It is worth a purchase and play to see if it is your type of game.

If you are a frequent player of many MMOS my response in this post may help by providing you with detailed information on game breakdown.

http://www.gamespot.com/guild-wars-2/forum/hows-the-end-game-aspect-of-this-game-29273361/?page=1

#14 Posted by raikiry (59 posts) -

Stop acting like a wise guy and start acting like a wiseman, and tell your opion on the game!

#15 Posted by Icky27 (300 posts) -

It's not a wow clone for sure.

The game plays differently than other MMO's in that there aren't quest hubs persay.  Sure there are quests (events) that you go do, but they just sort of come up while you are running around doing other stuff.

If the goal is to race to the end of the game then you probably won't enjoy it.  To me it feels like an MMO Skyrim.  I go do whatever I want to do (explore, quest, craft, pvp) and I get rewards for just playing the game in the form of drops and xp.  I haven't gotten too far into it level 20, but I haven't seen anything that looks like grinding yet which is a plus to me.

As someone that played WoW for 3+ years I got tired of the grind for admission to play the game stuff and that turned me off from even wanting to look at TOR.  The GW2 team set out to make a different type of MMO game, in my opinion I think they pushed the envelope enough that it adds some new gameplay to the market, even if it isn't 100% groundbreaking.

The learning curve is a little steep early on because the game does so many things differently that it takes some time to adjust, but it always feels like what you're doing has some merit.  While the newness of the game might be what is driving my excitement at this point, I do find myself having to drag myself away so that I can go to bed, which is a positive.

So far the 4 reviews that I have seen on metacritic seem fairly unbiased, and I'd watch the impressions on this website to get a better idea.  User reviews are going to be just that, one mans treasure is another mans trash.  

#17 Posted by raikiry (59 posts) -

Well what can i say, i like the Skyrim part and the fact that there is no grind or at least we cant notice it. I played TOR and after the story ended i got bored of it and i think that's why it failed. Do you think this is the rightful heir to World of Warcraft?

#18 Posted by VeIocity (4 posts) -

From the perspective of one who has played many MMOs over the past decade:
I am really enjoying GW2 tbh. The questing for me at least has not become boring yet (lvl 25). This is possibly the first MMO in which I don't care about leveling up all that much and instead just have fun getting caught up in the events of the world. The only concerns I have about the game so far are:

• Will the game still be interesting in 30 levels time?
  • Will the endgame content be thorough and enough to keep me playing?

I would highly recommend buying it from what I have seen so far. If you want you could wait a week until players start reaching endgame and get their reports.

#19 Posted by TheFlush (5570 posts) -

Worst of all, I was forced to save a gay plant guy's boyfriend to progress on the story "quest".schnooty

How incredibly sad that something like that bothers you.

#20 Posted by joshuahaveron (2163 posts) -

From what I can tell after getting to level 28 is that the game is quite simplistic and easy to get into with little knowledge or skill required, not to say that it won't get harder but that's what it seems like so far. So for casual gamers it can be pretty appealing and the game rewards exploration heavily, which can be a bit of a downer for more hardcore players, but it can be interesting. However the game focuses around exploring an area, completing "quests" that are assigned when you go in certain areas, completing skill point challenges and completing jumping challenges to get to view points. There are also some dungeons and PvP but I have yet to really delve into these. The WvW pvp looks quite interesting however a server's success seems to mainly rely on the number of people playing and most servers either dominate or get dominated. Furthermore there seems to be no endgame progression, all endgame gear is pretty much the same, whether crafted or obtained from loot, aswell as structured PvP giving you all of the best gear when you start leaving only gear that looks slightly different to look forward to unlocking. Overall, it's quite good if you play it casually but htere really isn't anything to do other than explore and complete quests as you go. Hopefully they will impliment some more PvP gamemodes such as arena, hell even duelling to increase hte amount of end game appeal.

#22 Posted by SuperKaio-ken (406 posts) -

I played for a couple hours, and my opinion is that I don't like this game at all. Character creation is very confusing. There are too many people working together in the "quests" or whatever BS name they decided to call them, so it becomes very confusing. I felt like I was doing a whole lot of nothing while a billion people zerged the "quest" objectives. Between autoattack and the not so impactful combat, I was not impressed with this aspect of the game. I like to feel like I'm in control of my attacks and movement, and you don't get that feeling in this game. There is way too much slow running around for the story "quest". Worst of all, I was forced to save a gay plant guy's boyfriend to progress on the story "quest". My advice, if you want a new MMO, try The Secret World. It's a blast, not perfect, but fun as any of the last 20 mmo's I played.schnooty

"Worst of all, I was forced to save a gay plant guy's boyfriend"

Homophobic and small minded statement which pretty much sums up your entire post. If you actually found character creation confusing than you shouldn't even be playing MMO's or RPG's to begin with as GW2's character creation is pretty basic with a good amount of options thrown in and is not even close to "confusing" Secondly, your complaint about world events stems from the fact that you A) Don't know what you're doing and B) Suck at what you're doing so feel like you are doing nothing that is contributing.

This can be solved by
A) Finding out what you need to do to complete the world event
B) Working to complete it

Yes there is going to be a lot of people working together to complete it (that is the purpose of world events) get used to it, this is an MMO.

Thirdly, how is the combat not impactfull? Because it's not turn based like world of warcraft? The combat is flexible, fast-paced and dynamic. I'd recommend first actually advancing past level five and learning more about the combat system before judging it as it is probably the best combat system in any MMO to date.

"There is way to much slow running around" You realize this is an RPG right?

Are you even playing the same game or do you just not know what the hell you are doing? You do not have to walk to each objective in the story mode as long as you take the time to do the basic things you are supposed to do in RPG's and that is EXPLORE AND ENJOY THE SCENERY. The game is beautiful, the world is vast and after you discover a waypoint all you have to do is open up the map and fast travel to that location (Think skyrim) which is equivalent to flight paths in WoW but you don't actually need to wait out the boring ride.

GW2 is a great game, don't listen to this guys post as he probably hasn't spent longer than a few hours playing it. The only complaint I have is with the main story's because they aren't always interesting and the cutscenes in my opinion aren't done very well (though still better then having to read from a quest book)

I'd give GW a 8.5 or 9.0 currently.

#23 Posted by Crush_Project (593 posts) -

so after reading this discussion ive decided to forgo this game. The defenses given sound more like the people too dumb to know any better, or work for the company in question.

And to all the folks hating on the guy complaining about gayety, i used to never have a problem with it either until a few years ago, but when the entire western hemisphere became a bunch of flamers or total metro sexuals and throw it in your face every 10 seconds in all forms of art and media i start to get upset with it myself....

#24 Posted by Saxondale (3 posts) -

I think the most disappointing thing for me is how easy it is to close out the game and just forget about it.  I am obsessive about leveling/exploring and have spent ridiculous amounts of time in other RPGs trying to create uber-max toons with god like powers and gear. GW2 just doesn't keep my interest. More than the below-average graphics and the middling combat - it's just...boring. It doesn't feel epic. I'm just a worker bee surrounded by a hive of other bees buzzing about the Tyrian countryside for who knows what end...

I loved GW1 and believe in ArenaNet's philosophy regarding MMOs, This game is a major disappointment, though. 

#25 Posted by undeadgoon (605 posts) -

yeah its ok... doesnt pull me in as much as some games have, but when you play with your mate you'll have alot of fun.

#26 Posted by Super_Austy_X (39 posts) -

As someone who is not an MMO guy. (Played the original years ago) I think this game is very much worth it. Even if I don't play after the endgame(Didn't for the original), I think there is more than enough content and fun here to justify the $60. You will get much more out of that $60 than 95% of games these days. Subscription fees turned me off to all other MMOs and its really nice being able to play an MMO without one.

#27 Posted by R3NeGaDeAnGeL (387 posts) -

Putting my two cents in...I am the type of guy who usually just waits for reviews on a game(both multiple user and websites) before purchasing, so that I dont spend my hard earned cash on something that may not be of quality. However, this time around I said screw it and just bought the game...

Personally, I have really been enjoying so far. From the art design, your own unique story, the cool races and interesting professions, it's all been really fun. Character customization is much deeper than other MMO's I've played. It's a breath of fresh air and different from any MMO I've played before; I truly enjoy the dynamic event system for questing and how a bunch of people in the area all get together for a common goal. I agree that these times do seem hectic as everyone is just attacking whatever monster, but it's still fun and happens periodically enough that it doesnt seem too constant. The various weapons to each profession with their own unique attacks, as well as different underwater combat and skills makes things interesting as well.

The fact that the game takes away all that "fluff" that just wastes time in regular MMO's makes it a great game for me. I don't have the time to sit on a griffon for 20 minutes to get to the other side of the world. Fast travel, and getting right into the action is what I'm all about. The fact that the game has no subscription makes everything I said all the more sweeter. Hope that helps!

#28 Posted by okolepooka (1 posts) -

Alrighty, I don't like it. I love the Original but hate this one. If you like Rift or SW:TOR or WoW but want a new twist on combat mechanics this has it for ya. You can feel free to wonder around aimlessly on your own trying to level up/unlock skills/explore. It doesn't have the "get together as a team" feeling that the original had, but hey...It looks better right? In short, if you like the classic MMo style play this will work for you just fine.

#29 Posted by Titusthetiger (24 posts) -

After playing GW2 for ~15 hours, I can honestly say I don't like it. Playing doesn't require you to think or plan ahead like some other MMO's, and I truly believe any 10 year old can play this game just fine. Playing it somehow reminds me of a trip to the funfair.

#30 Posted by Diamondsoulz (363 posts) -

Rift is better I got huge ammounts of eyestrain from this game I can't even play it.I thought this GW2 would make me a whole person but left out on the street corner wondering why I bought it the zones are sloppy and boring.Maybe if I didn't get such eyestrain from the game my mood would change. The game might have something to offer you but the zones areboring dungeons might be something to look forward to though but I thought the rest of the world would be better.

My favorite MMOS

DAOC

EQ2

Rift

UO

#31 Posted by sTyLnK (2231 posts) -

After playing the beta it became apparent to me that while the game was different and somewhat unique in some areas, it just wasn't a style of game that was for me. Short term I'm sure I would enjoy it a bit, but long term? Not a chance in hell. I've been reading that there really isn't a whole lot to do. Defintely more than SWTOR which I sorely regreted buying, but not enough to the point where it would be fun and enjoyable for many months to me. If you enjoy the game, great. They put a lot of work into it, so I hope it does well long term. I'm glad I got into the beta though. I was able to check things out and see for myself that in the end, it wasn't a game for me. :)

#32 Posted by sTyLnK (2231 posts) -

After playing the beta it became apparent to me that while the game was different and somewhat unique in some areas, it just wasn't a style of game that was for me. Short term I'm sure I would enjoy it a bit, but long term? Not a chance in hell. I've been reading that there really isn't a whole lot to do. Defintely more than SWTOR which I sorely regreted buying, but not enough to the point where it would be fun and enjoyable for many months to me. If you enjoy the game, great. They put a lot of work into it, so I hope it does well long term. I'm glad I got into the beta though. I was able to check things out and see for myself that in the end, it wasn't a game for me. :)

#33 Posted by PetJel (3723 posts) -

I bought it on a guess a few days ago and I have to say that after 10-15 hours I'm starting to get into it. There is just quite a lot to discover that makes the game interesting, which is not very apparant when you first play it.

Some starting zones are less interesting and visually appealing than others, the crafting is amazing when you get into it, the combat becomes better once you're over the initial shock of how fast things seem to unlock, higher level armor and weapons look cool, and I barely scratched the surface here.

It's just so freakin different from WoW, I expected to get that initial WoW feeling again with this, but GW2 is damn good in a completely different way.

#34 Posted by sumdood (482 posts) -

The game has more of an action-adventure combat style feel to it than other typical MMOs.  Combat is less planned and much more chaotic than WoW or similar games.  Instead of stopping at each camp to prep, marking the mobs and having a set rotation with specific character roles it's usually a giant mob gangbang zergfest.  I think this is what turns a lot of people off or on to the game, depending on how you feel about traditional MMO combat.

I also don't find the need to rush the grind in order to get to the end game.  There is no pressure to "get your money's worth" for the month since there is no monthly fee, or the need to keep up in leveling with your friends since the higher levels can play in lower level areas, or to get to the PvP end-game since everyone is pretty much put to equal standing in PvP.  I can wander around aimlessly just having fun without having to worry about levelling in the most effecient way possible.

So I would say if you like more of an action-oriented combat and the Elder Scrolls-like wandering around feeling, also with all the features you'd expect form a AAA MMO, then you'll sink in plenty of hours to justify $60 spent.

#35 Posted by Against-Me (483 posts) -
I wish there were some way to down vote posts that are just made to get a reaction.
#36 Posted by dedknedy (853 posts) -
I wish there were some way to down vote posts that are just made to get a reaction.Against-Me
Don't worry. I'm sure OP will be back to reply to all these posts in due time.
#37 Posted by Azujin (750 posts) -

[QUOTE="schnooty"]Worst of all, I was forced to save a gay plant guy's boyfriend to progress on the story "quest".TheFlush

How is it sad that it bothers him? Everyone has a type of person that gets on their nerves. Being gay doesn't make you immune to being annoying. I'm all for gay rights and gay marriage but the way some of them act is still really annoying and stupid. Am I a hateful bigot for this?
#38 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

sick of the BIASED opinions, the fanboys, and the haters. please lord just give me an honest to god answer.

fiendless7

I'd say "fun but flawed" is the best short description I could give it.  I see a lot of people saying that it's one of the best MMO's ever made, which honestly makes me glad I haven't bothered with any other games in the genre.

It has a massive, open world for you to explore with lots of things to discover and dynamic events to participate in, and the personal quest is decent enough with some genuine choices that lead to branching storylines, which I appreciate.  Character progression is pretty straightforward, but a lot of the skills are rather uninspired, and build variety is somewhat limited since your main skills are tied to your weapon, and your primary attack is always the highest DPS.

I'm enjoying the game well enough, though it's occasionally a tad monotonous.

#39 Posted by dzimm (4651 posts) -

[QUOTE="schnooty"]Worst of all, I was forced to save a gay plant guy's boyfriend to progress on the story "quest".TheFlush

Don't be so intolerant.  He's entitled to his opinion.

#40 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

[QUOTE="schnooty"]Worst of all, I was forced to save a gay plant guy's boyfriend to progress on the story "quest".dzimm

Don't be so intolerant.  He's entitled to his opinion.

I agree. I assume in real life he wouldn't allow someone to perish though!:cool:

#41 Posted by cowkiller321 (35 posts) -

1st and foremost, I think I never played a MMORPG for 5-10 hours and be able to say "I like it" or "I don't like it" without a shadow of a doubt. I really envy you guys for your clarity of opinion.

2ndly, and here's my opinion (after 5 days of play): I won't start naming the many virtues of this game, you can read about them pretty much anywhere on the internet. I'll just say what is my overall opinion: Everything in this game feels like it's made to enhance and facilitate the experience of the player. From the very start screen (which doesn't exist, you're directly prompted to the char select, double click and you're right in the game) to the smallest detail in game. It really feels like made by people who has been gaming for quite a LONG TIME and knows exactly the kind of game they would like to play.

#42 Posted by Goron24 (951 posts) -

I've been playing MMOs since Starwars galaxies and have played every one since and all I can say is I hope they give refunds. 

First off they use deception in the fact a "pre-order" was a "pre-purchase" terms that are usually used interchangeably but in this case just let NCsoft precharge you for a game that wasn't out.

After the first Beta weekend I played I was very underwhelmed and tried to hype myself and a few others up about the game so I didn't feel like I wasted 60$. It didn't work, I got into the game and made a few characters but quickly got bored. The combat is so lackluster and I feel like I never know whats going on, my skills do all these effects and the enemies have similar skills that do certain effects and there is a dodge roll. Even with all this supposed "depth" I just found myself spamming all my skills as soon as they were off CD.

I will be emailing NCsoft to see if I can get my money back because I am VERY disappointed(SP?)

#43 Posted by Baselerd (5104 posts) -

I've been playing MMOs since Starwars galaxies and have played every one since and all I can say is I hope they give refunds. 

First off they use deception in the fact a "pre-order" was a "pre-purchase" terms that are usually used interchangeably but in this case just let NCsoft precharge you for a game that wasn't out.

After the first Beta weekend I played I was very underwhelmed and tried to hype myself and a few others up about the game so I didn't feel like I wasted 60$. It didn't work, I got into the game and made a few characters but quickly got bored. The combat is so lackluster and I feel like I never know whats going on, my skills do all these effects and the enemies have similar skills that do certain effects and there is a dodge roll. Even with all this supposed "depth" I just found myself spamming all my skills as soon as they were off CD.

I will be emailing NCsoft to see if I can get my money back because I am VERY disappointed(SP?)

Goron24
People these days have such a sense of entitlement. Also, if u spam all of your skills as soon as they're ready you are going to (A) suck when the game gets hard and (B) get bored from the lack of brain activity.
#44 Posted by HiroArka (638 posts) -

It is like a fresh Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte .. burns the taste buds off your tounge, but really enjoyable at the same time.

#45 Posted by xxxHeretic817xx (3 posts) -

fiendless7
SIGH. I typed a whole review and got bumped out. My two cents: I am not an MMORPG player. I tried WOW and Runes very very briefly and I was not compelled to stay for any length of time. I just find other games more immediately gratifiying. With the above I played like ten quests and got bored. I am not hating on WOW I am just saying when I sat down for a couple of hours I felt like I would rather play Shogun 2, Skyrim or Dead Space or something. WOW is probably great I just never gave it a chance TBH. That being said; so far I am enjoying it and think I will stick with it for a while. The Dynamic events keep everything moving a bit faster than just seeking out the next mission giver. Best about it is that everyone gravitates to them as well. So, you have an instant and large group which can make for some pretty big and flashy battles. So, two cents from a newb/noob who never really gave the genre much thought; I like it....so far. So, is it a "good game"? I think so. Also, I can't wait to play WvW it sounds pretty epic. I think I would pick this up just for that mode.
#46 Posted by 2bitSmOkEy (2713 posts) -

It's the first real competitor to WoW imo.  Pve is refreshing because there is a heavy focus on exploration, not to mention the gameworld is massive and beautiful.  At first I found the combat to be lacking depth but rest assured it DOES eventually click.  For pvp the game is pretty much build order pron.  There are an absurd amount of strategies you can try for each class and I find myself spending a lot of time just tweaking builds and gear layouts in s pvp.  Haven't tried dungeons yet but I've heard they're extremely hard, so that sounds cool to me.

It's definitely an awesome mmo.  It doesn't really take the genre in any brand new directions but it perfects a lot of things and adds some interesting twists on others.

#48 Posted by gw2supremacy (6 posts) -
I'm new here but I'm not surprised to see such a mixed reaction. I like the anime style of the game but can understand why it's not for everyone. The game really received a lot of hype before release and maybe gamers expectations were rather high. I think it will appeal more to the PvP players rather than the PvE players. I'm still a SWTOR die hard but I'm hoping that GW2 will win me over. Just my 2 cents!
#49 Posted by 2bitSmOkEy (2713 posts) -

I'm streaming some Necro pvp if anyone wants to see what it's like.  Running a pet heavy build atm.

http://www.twitch.tv/AnomalySC2

#50 Posted by Ratsneve (397 posts) -

fiendless7
It looks good if you can log in and play... It looks very bad if you can't--like me. If you have a previous account from GW but years later can't find your character name or password we/I'm screwed because the game accounts must be linked to the same email address--unless, I suppose, you want to use a different address and create a new account. Anyway the old account doesn't seem to offer any means yet on resetting its character name and/or password without knowing both (which is the whole point). My local Game Stop isn't selling the game because of the 'problems' they have been wrapped up in. I suspect Best Buy is in the same boat--I know I wish I hadn't bought my copy today. I'll bet I'm looking at a week minimum before my account gets straightened out. And there is no phone support. Was this a helpful/rant for you?