Help can this laptop run GW2?

#1 Posted by Bsniper1 (2 posts) -
My girlfriend has been looking for a laptop which can also play games, would this be enough to run guild wars 2? If not any other suggestions would be welcome. TOSHIBA Satellite L755D-10J Laptop Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor- AMD Dual-Core Processor E-350 (1.6 GHz, 1MB cache) Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit RAM- 4GB DDR3 Graphics card- Integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics Hard drive 640GB Thanks in advance. p.s. she has not yet bought a laptop and would like to hear alternatives if any?
#2 Posted by Forever_Posting (213 posts) -

I can run GW2 smoothly on an HD Graphics card on my laptop with the use of game booster.  You'll be fine.  If you're still concerned, google "can my computer run it" and run the free analysis.

#3 Posted by twztid13 (889 posts) -

That 1.6 GHz CPU is a kicker, as GW2 uses the CPU alot more than normal games. I don't believe that will be enough to run it at comfortable settings, unfortunately. I hear it does scale well, but I have not played GW2 on the lowest settings, so it could surprise me on all low settings. I would definitely wait for more opinions before buying it to play GW2.

I'm sorry I don't have time to offer an alternative, but I don't know your price range, etc. Look on Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, Directron.com (especially the 1st one), and you're sure to find a great deal if you don't rush into a commitment. Mobile CPU's & GPU's are nowhere near as good as their desktop counterparts, even if they are named similarly. Just make sure the CPU is at least more than 2 GHz with 4 cores, whether that be Nvidia that has dual core with hyperthreading (the i3's), or the 4 cores without hyperthreading (an Nvidia i5, or any AMD quad core). I'd recommend 4GB of Ram if you have Vista or newer OS. You would also be best off having 500MB - 1GB video ram for a decent experience in GW2. Actually, here are the bare minimum specs from ArenaNet -

The current minimum requirements are as follows:

• Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
  • Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
  • NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 25 GB available HDD space
  • Broadband Internet connection
  • Keyboard and mouse

Here is a thread that GW2 members are posting their PC specs on (PC & laptop), and the type of settings & framerate they are getting. Scan through it & you can match up the stats of the laptop you picked out & see if the experience that people playing with those specs are satisfactory for your girlfriend. Hope that helps! https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/players/What-are-you-running-GW2-on

#4 Posted by daman246 (479 posts) -

you will probably run it at lowest setting which is atrocious. 

a 660M Gpu can run the game at Max settings with 40Fps. 

you need a laptop worth 800+ to run GW2 at High/MAx

#5 Posted by elegance89 (61 posts) -

I would say you would only be able to run it on low settings, and even then you're fps won't be great!