Computer to run Guild Wars 2

#1 Posted by bmart970 (106 posts) -

So, I'm actually quite interested in this game, but unfortunately, I don't have a computer that is good enough to run it. How much do you think it would cost to build one that could run it on low or medium without lag?

#2 Posted by 483paul (525 posts) -

This a great game!

If you want a template for cheap pc builds here are some articles.  From scratch around $500.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-do-it-yourself-computer,3364.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404331,00.asp

#3 Posted by MikeFlavaz (188 posts) -

One strong recomendation is to not buy an amd processor if you plan on playing gw2. Not to say they won't run it but the way gw2 is coded and the lack of optimization really hinders even the top amd processors like the 8350.  It just doesn't make use of those cores correctly and each amd core is rather weak compared to say a i7 3770k or a 2700k, which are the two I would recommend. GW2 is very cpu bound than gpu so buying a good or even great gpu while having an amd processor or lower end processor will give you bottlenecking and some noticiable performance issues.

#4 Posted by hadesrush (25 posts) -

Im actuallying playing this game right now, and its on my laptop, my laptop was good when it came out but its a little behind now, my GPU wasnt great when it came out, it was about normal but the game still runs fine, lets see... my laptop is I5 intel core, a nvidia GEFORCE graphic thingy, its probably one of the lower ones and its windows 7 64-bit,

not gonna lie, the game doesnt crash but theses days, for me instead of the game crashing the cpu itself shutsdown from overheating i think, i think its time to clean the fan.. ANYWAY!! but yea, i dont think it will cost you alot to build a cpu that can play this game, when i got my laptop i paid about 900$ when it was still new,... so... for a desktop it shouldnt be very expensive, i hope i helped out a little ^.^

#5 Posted by hadesrush (25 posts) -
btw i dont know a lot about computer, i wish there were more that i could do
#6 Posted by daman246 (479 posts) -

here are some parts that will run the game at max without supersampling on, supersampling is an equivalent to Uber sampling from witcher 2.

i5 3570k currently around 170$ on Microcenter original price is mid 200s, or grab a 3770k if you render videos with Vegas or Premiere or planning too. price is 220$ on microcenter, original price is mid 300s, in my opinion you should grab this awesome deal now.

a z77 motherboard, Asrock xtreme gen 4 are rather cheap

8GB of ram, 16gb if you wish.

128GB SSd, 2TB HDD

a AMD 7950 or 7970 depending on the your budget, but these 2 GPUs are the best bang for your buck atm.

a 650w or 650w+ Psu, For Future proof

a Hyper 212+ Evo stock cooler for Overclocking if needed.

and a Computer Case you like.

#7 Posted by daman246 (479 posts) -

THese parts will run Supersampling, sorry for the misunderstanding. was thinking of a different game..

#8 Posted by daman246 (479 posts) -

here is a built around 600bucks that will run the game Max in 1080p, and play most games at High-max settings. will last you for a very long time.

a i5 3570k=170$ microcenter only

asrock z77 pro 3= 80$ newegg

a amd 7870= 240$

500w corsair Psu= 60$

8gb ram any really= 30-40$

computer case= 30-40$

After market cooling= hyper 212+= 20$

heres is 400$ built that will run guild wars 2 high settings.

AMD built

AMD FX-6300 Vishera= 140$

AMD 7770= 120$

500w PSu= 60$

8GB RAM= 40$

Computer Case= 30-40$

1TB HDD= 60-70$, 2TB=100$ saves you money if you already have  a HDD

Am3+ Mobo= 50-100$ depending on the features you want and  if you want to OC and have DUal x16/x8 slots for CF or SLI in the Future.

#9 Posted by BTribeBandit (25 posts) -

One strong recomendation is to not buy an amd processor if you plan on playing gw2. Not to say they won't run it but the way gw2 is coded and the lack of optimization really hinders even the top amd processors like the 8350.  It just doesn't make use of those cores correctly and each amd core is rather weak compared to say a i7 3770k or a 2700k, which are the two I would recommend. GW2 is very cpu bound than gpu so buying a good or even great gpu while having an amd processor or lower end processor will give you bottlenecking and some noticiable performance issues.

MikeFlavaz
I would have to agree, but to go on this game was also optimized for Nvidia , I have a Radeon 6850 HD and I just don't get the FPS I should with this game vs. other games.
#10 Posted by maria168 (25 posts) -
There is a good news !on our site :www.battlego.com.we have diablo 3 gold ,guild wars 2 gold ,runescape gold ,runescape 2007,wow gold ,maplestory mesos and so on ,cus we have gamer to produce gold ,so that we can make it cheap for you ,if you cant accept the price ,you can go to our livechat support .we can give you different discount code according to your order ,and you can add me by skype:beyrui Thank you for your time Have a nice day
#11 Posted by bmart970 (106 posts) -

Thanks guys