Am I the only one who thinks the graphics stink?

#1 Posted by jpetrolino (3040 posts) -

I know it's just a beta ... but I think the graphics are horrible.  Do you agree or disagree?  I find it hard to believe that we waited 4 1/2 years for a game that looks like this ...

#2 Posted by jpetrolino (3040 posts) -

BUMP

#3 Posted by jpetrolino (3040 posts) -

BUMP

#4 Posted by jpetrolino (3040 posts) -

My apologies ... Somehow I created two threads ...

#5 Posted by peperwheels (71 posts) -

I know it's just a beta ... but I think the graphics are horrible.  Do you agree or disagree?  I find it hard to believe that we waited 4 1/2 years for a game that looks like this ...

jpetrolino
I agree.
#6 Posted by peperwheels (71 posts) -

jpetrolino
I agree.
#7 Posted by peperwheels (71 posts) -

jpetrolino
I agree.
#8 Posted by undeadgoon (608 posts) -

am i the only one that thinks you dont need 2 of same threads by the same op?

#9 Posted by Gwarpup (338 posts) -

Stinks compared to what?  And please specify an MMO.  I think they are better than any MMO and the characters looking better than most anygame.  

#10 Posted by ninjikiran (551 posts) -

I disagree, while the game is not a technical powerhouse it was crafted under those constraints.  The end result was a very pretty game that runs well on many gaming systems.

There is no tesselation, floors are flat, ect ect.  But this is not something you realize unless your staring at it as the game world just meshes together and animations are flluid and non-janky (I mean look at aion, decent GFX but the jankiest nastiest animations ever).

#11 Posted by jpetrolino (3040 posts) -

I take back what I said initially ... I'm not crazy over the graphics, but it does look much better than the beta version and ... let's face it ... gameplay is what is most important and I am certainly enjoying playing the game.  As to the person who criticized two threads on this topic ... I apologized for inadvertently creating it twice.  I tried to delete one thread but was unable to do so.

#12 Posted by mismajor99 (5657 posts) -

jpetrolino
Fully maxed out the game looks fantastic. Very cool art style. Running a 580 GTX.
#13 Posted by gavin (17 posts) -

jpetrolino

The graphics look awesome. I don't know what problem people have that makes them think they aren't excellent. Maybe your settings are all wrong? Anyhow, I would never have guessed that anyone would have an issue with the graphics in this game. They are incredible. G.

#14 Posted by Dizzy1976 (646 posts) -

I think they are great.  I totally dig the art style. Feels like I'm running free in a graphic novel.....or 3d painting canvas.

Love the game and think they did perfectly fine with the graphics.

#15 Posted by f1tz (50 posts) -

If you like the cutesy JRPG style then they're very pretty, but I don't think they're great either.

#17 Posted by DeroxKING (20 posts) -

I also disagree with the OP

compared to GW1.... hell compared to alot of other mmos weather they are still subscrip based or free to play, these graphics raise the bar for non subscription mmos..

im actually more interested in hearing what reasons and why you think the graphics are bad, because at fulol settings, they are amazing.

#18 Posted by raikiry (59 posts) -

So from what in understand the enviroment graphics are awesome, good and soft just the way we like it (most of us) and its lush, but what I see lacking in the game is the character detail, not the armor, but the skin itself, it lacks detail compared to the enviroment, so the characters standout from all the rest of the graphics. To give an example imagine looking arround in the real world and u see a mat/dull/opac person.  Now; I dont have the game buut thats how it looks from all the videos/screen shots and i've looked at allot of them full HD and 1680/1050, I wish to know if this is the case or if i'm alone on this and I hope i'm mistaken. 

#19 Posted by reggiewayne (52 posts) -

I have a pretty average laptop and this is the best-looking game I have played on it yet including (swtor, D3, SC2, and secret world) If you think the graphics stink either your computer sucks or you're due for an eye exam.

#20 Posted by Baselerd (5104 posts) -

I think some people don't understand that not all games can have graphics comparable to BF3. Some genres of games, MMOs in particular, have never generally had cutting edge graphics. The few that have were marred by massive performance issues (remember when AoC was released? And that wasn't even close to the best graphics at the time...).

If you tried to pimp out GW 2 with BF3 quality graphics, most people wouldn't be playing and the game population would suffer. With that said, I think the games graphics and art direction come together pretty nicely and make for one of the best looking games this side of the FPS genre...

#21 Posted by raikiry (59 posts) -

BF3 maybe, BF2 is old.

#22 Posted by Baselerd (5104 posts) -

Right, lol...