One of the best JRPGs ever made.

User Rating: 9.5 | Growlanser IV: Over Reloaded PSP
Ever fan of the RPG genre should get this game. The battle system of Growlanser series is truly unique- it is a mix of turn-based SRPG and real time strategy that makes for fun combat that moves at a faster pace than other "old school" / SRPGs. The best part about the major battles is that they feature mission objectives that challenge the player to do more than simply "kill all of the enemies"; for example, sometimes your objective is to prevent NPC civilians from being killed. You can still proceed after failing a mission but succeeding means your party members respect you more and results in additional rewards. This keeps the combat fresh and interesting.

The other aspect of this game that I love is the relationship system. Growlanser has the most sophisticated relationship / romance that I've ever seen in a RPG- there are many conversation options that will affect how a character views the protagonist. In addition, decisions you make and how you perform in battle all affect how other characters view you. All major characters have their own ending that you can unlock by befriending / romancing them and completing his or her sidequests.

The only real flaw is that the first couple hours move slowly as it is mainly set-up / introducing the player to the battle system (but this can be said of most RPGs). The graphics may seem dated to some but I'm a fan of classic 2D RPGs so I certainly didn't mind this.

All in all, every one who considers themselves a fan of RPGs should give this game a shot!