Story is a problem for the game

#1 Posted by JustBeYourself (681 posts) -
From what I've read in a few reviews, the story IS a weakpoint and playing as unsympathetic villains does lessen the enjoyment of the game somewhat. I can understand where these reviewers are coming from because as important as the world is, a great story and good characters IS important and vital to a great game. Unfortunately the gamespot reviewer didn't do a remotely good job of expressing this problem with the game, not as well as other reviews have.
#2 Posted by TAGGER_SK8ER101 (1866 posts) -
I've always hated when reviewers put a game down for having your character be heartless or truly evil throughout the story. I'm tired of seeing the same old bad guy turning good thing. Some of us want to be heartless.
#3 Posted by JustBeYourself (681 posts) -
I've always hated when reviewers put a game down for having your character be heartless or truly evil throughout the story. I'm tired of seeing the same old bad guy turning good thing. Some of us want to be heartless.TAGGER_SK8ER101
Really? Some of us want to be heartless? Playing as a psychopath or watching a film about one is quite unfulfilling in my experience.
#4 Posted by Hiddai (6086 posts) -
From what I've read in a few reviews, the story IS a weakpoint and playing as unsympathetic villains does lessen the enjoyment of the game somewhat. I can understand where these reviewers are coming from because as important as the world is, a great story and good characters IS important and vital to a great game. Unfortunately the gamespot reviewer didn't do a remotely good job of expressing this problem with the game, not as well as other reviews have.JustBeYourself
Probably
#5 Posted by TAGGER_SK8ER101 (1866 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAGGER_SK8ER101"]I've always hated when reviewers put a game down for having your character be heartless or truly evil throughout the story. I'm tired of seeing the same old bad guy turning good thing. Some of us want to be heartless.JustBeYourself
Really? Some of us want to be heartless? Playing as a psychopath or watching a film about one is quite unfulfilling in my experience.

We are just different then, haha, I find being a cold psycho (with a personality) fulfinot lling.This is GTA, not LA Noire.