Prediction - The Driving

#1 Posted by Rummy1 (3313 posts) -

It's still going to be bad. It might be different that previous games but it still won't be as enjoyable as it should be.

Considering that the developers who made the Burnout games had a hand in creating the GTA franchise you would think the driving would be better. What's up with that?

#2 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

I've never had an issue with the driving. Its what I call " action movie hero  driving ". GTA IV was a bit heavy and the cars seemed top heavy. Bit it still worked. I have a feeling the driving will be right and tight. Does not matter, I will just be causing massive pileups on the freeway five minutes after î start playing. 

#3 Posted by GrindingAxe (1641 posts) -
I don't know. I've stopped relying on R* to improve such important things like maneuvering, cover, and fighting controls/gameplay. They seem to only concentrate on things like storyline, atmosphere, characters...and thats fine. I've learned to live with such things. I'm not expecting anything more than what we got in the past. Don't get your hopes up when it comes to gameplay people. You'll set yourself up for disappointment.
#4 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

The driving has always been a bit simplistic. But the game has never tried to be a driving simulation. The sheer number of cars the games offer makes up for that. 

#5 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

I don't know. I've stopped relying on R* to improve such important things like maneuvering, cover, and fighting controls/gameplay. They seem to only concentrate on things like storyline, atmosphere, characters...and thats fine. I've learned to live with such things. I'm not expecting anything more than what we got in the past. Don't get your hopes up when it comes to gameplay people. You'll set yourself up for disappointment. GrindingAxe
I think the gameplay part would be fine if they just made it so you don't have to hold A to run, especially during a gun battle. That had to be the most irritating thing about RDR - casually walking around during a fight.

Or, they could keep their usual walking animations when doing everyday normal stuff, and make it so that your character automatically starts to run when you get into combat. But as for driving, I thought it was fine in GTA IV. They said that the cars will be control a little tighter and will stick to the ground more, so that sounds pretty good.

#6 Posted by TAGGER_SK8ER101 (1866 posts) -
GTA IV's driving was never as bad as so many people make it seem. I think you all just couldn't get used to it.