Pacther predicts news on Feb 5

#1 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

Just read that Pacther is predicting a Feb 5th reveal date for the real release date. That is the day that Take2 will do its financial report for the next quarter.  He states that gta v and its on again off again release is hurting (duhhhh) Take2s shareprice.  And,  i hate to say it,  but he is predicting a May 2013 release date for the game. So now May is jinxed. 

Just so people understand, Pacther knows nothing about game development, he is a stock analyst.  His analysis last year led to the hype of a Oct 2012 release.   Guessit didn't enter his thinking that the game was not done.  

#2 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

I also think we will know when Rockstar is ready to reveal the push back to Fall. This next investor call should be telling.  If they smugly move $600 million in sales from the quarter ending June 2013 to the next quarter,  that will finally be the proof. 

I also find it refreshing that Pachters accuracy is no better this year than it was last year. Only a few hours after he claims that Rstar is ready to reveal the date,  a report comes out that a big press push is being planned but that Rockstar is STILL unable to nail down the date. 

This is yet another sign that the game is not nearly as done as they would like us to believe,  and that they are most likely just biding thier time until they can reveal October without getting hammered.  

#3 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

its obviously a tough subject for them i think they are ready to go with gtav this spring but with the whole bioshock delay they will have to weigh up what will be more damaging, releasing them side by side or delay a aaa title that has been at the top of all wishlists for over a year, and with new consoles getting closer and closer, which is more damaging i dont know but thats what i think they are stuck on, there is an unconfirmed story around that they are gearing up for a massive marketing campaign, still using spring 2013 too, true or not we will have to wait and see you would think that by commiting to a big marketing campaign it would be set in concrete but it hasnt stopped last minute delays in the past.

#4 Posted by gtaV102012 (77 posts) -

You dont know anything forsure. So stop talking like you know everything. You don't

#5 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

Just so people understand, Pacther knows nothing about game development, he is a stock analyst.  His analysis last year led to the hype of a Oct 2012 release.   Guessit didn't enter his thinking that the game was not done.

So what is your job that entitles you to be the utmost source of knowledge and information on GTA 5? Please, do tell.

Tell me, do you still think the game is vaporware? Do you still think the game is only coming out on next gen systems? Do you still think a 2014 release date? Or did it change to a end of this year release recently?

MY predicition is you won't reply to this, and will instead just make another thread at a later date complaining about more predicitions in regards to the game, more than likely because you have nothing better to do. The only person here getting worked up about a release date and who looks like an idiot is YOU zoomer.

I'd be tempted to report you for trolling. Your no doubt slowing traffic to these forums because you insist on commandeering every thread for this absolutely pointless agenda of yours. It's just sad and pathetic, please get a life already, it's been literally MONTHS of the same thing. Do you have nothing better to do with your time?

I won't be coming back to these forums, it's a waste of time trying to discuss the game because of this loser.

#6 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

Logic my friends. It will set you free. If you read all of Pacthers predictions the past year youd see all he does is throw darts at a dart board, and hits drywall a lot and impales various office mates with errant shots.

#7 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

And it looks like logic wins agian :)  just had to get that in ther,  always refreshing to see someone posting a bash about what your saying,  only to find out its THEY whos wrong XD

#8 Posted by ImGunnaKillYou (201 posts) -

And it looks like logic wins agian :)  just had to get that in ther,  always refreshing to see someone posting a bash about what your saying,  only to find out its THEY whos wrong XD

Zoomer30

I'm kinda glad its coming out in september. I start police academy in march so now I'll be able to play it when it comes out!!

#9 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

wow this site has been dead for days