new "leak"

#1 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

http://gamingbolt.com/gta-5-spring-2013-release-poster-leaked

real or fake? its up to you but one thing is for sure rockstar were were extremely active on the newswire when links started being posted.

never seen so many yellow boxes on the newswire

#2 Posted by damaccj5 (1869 posts) -
This seems real just because of its timing and the artwork has the distinct R* look. The guy with the dog looks like the guy from the trailer.
#3 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

yea and the way rockstar reacted was crazy, straight into damage control they deleted and banned so many people. if one leak is true then this is it

#4 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

Looks legit to me... Yessir can't wait to pre order.

#5 Posted by scroft16 (14 posts) -

Tis legit , they were leaked by a well know uk game store lol

#6 Posted by damaccj5 (1869 posts) -
This isn't a major leak though, I mean everyone was pretty sure it'd be out sometime between March-May 2013. Glad to get a confirmation though.
#7 Posted by gtaV102012 (77 posts) -

Looks legit to me. And Definitly current gen

#8 Posted by Slinqy (244 posts) -
I knew it wasn't next-gen. And I thought It'd be coming out in Spring 2013 as well. We just have to wait for next months GameInformer issue then for confirmation.
#9 Posted by gtaV102012 (77 posts) -

Im just trying to piss off zoomer30. I knew it was current gen to

#10 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

Still gonna end up being October 2013. Saying "Spring 2013" is the same as saying "we don't really know". Could still end up being next gen. Nothing is off the table yet.  The editor at GI claimed that they have the release date....last time I checked a date consists of a month and day and stuff. A "season" really means nothing. Its Spring 2013 till they decide to delay it on a whim. 

#11 Posted by scroft16 (14 posts) -

even if gta 5 does get delayed its being designed for the current generation of consols so it carnt be next gen, fallout 4 will be next gen tho and i hope its out the same day as the ps4.......What a day that will be. 

#12 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

Rock star is defining what the word "hype" means:

Hype: To make it seem like you have big news and to help sell magazines, when in fact its no news at all. 

Spring 2013 is not a release date. That's a guess. There have been many many games that have had official release dates, with a year month and day and stuff,  that have then been delayed. FC 3 is a perfect example. it had a release date of September 3rd 2012 and then got delayed to December 3 2012 for really no reason at all. after all this time they can't seem to even narrow it down to a month, they can just get down to a season ,just more proof that thee games not done.

And we are getting closer and closer to the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the release of the 1st trailer. I really don't see the game shipping till October 2013. Probably been the date since day one. And they still have not said game is current gen. Until they do we must keep that in mind. 

#13 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

This news also proves how full of crapola pretty much all the experts were. This is following my "if its current gen" idea to a T. Set a spring 2013 date ( May) then delay to October

Don't be fooled: They really do hate us that much. 

#14 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

And the December GI issue will land with a sound resembling a dead fish flopping on the shore. All fluff no substance. Proof the game exsits in some not quite vaporware form but nnot much else. 

#15 Posted by damaccj5 (1869 posts) -
I agree with Zoomer30 that Spring 2013 is not a definitive release date. Looking at R*'s history, we shouldn't be surprised if GTA V gets pushed back until fall or winter. However, as futile as it might seem, it will be released for the current gen. Take-Two is expecting huge returns.
#16 Posted by mastermind27 (72 posts) -

I don't see a current gen release as futile. A release on next gen would not be wise from a financial standpoint. It would take two years at least for next gen consoles to reach the same number of owners as the current gen consoles do. There's also a question of price tag, possible gliches with next gen consoles upon release, plus the number of people who would wait till the price goes down. The risk ain't worth it. The game will come out current gen.

As for a Oct 2013 release it's possible but so is a May or even Summer release.

#17 Posted by damaccj5 (1869 posts) -

I don't see a current gen release as futile. A release on next gen would not be wise from a financial standpoint. It would take two years at least for next gen consoles to reach the same number of owners as the current gen consoles do. There's also a question of price tag, possible gliches with next gen consoles upon release, plus the number of people who would wait till the price goes down. The risk ain't worth it. The game will come out current gen.

As for a Oct 2013 release it's possible but so is a May or even Summer release.

mastermind27
Sorry I didn't phrase that right. What I meant to say was that it is futile to repeatedly say its current gen to Zoomer30 who seems to be convinced its for next gen which is not the case. But yeah, current gen is obvious as that's where the money will be.
#18 Posted by mastermind27 (72 posts) -

That's O.K.

#19 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

as remote as it may seem at this time and as unlikely as it probably is we cannot discountit has a possibility because rockstar has not said it is for the current generation. we cannot discounted just because it's not likely.  

People keep trying to apply logic to a business that's not logical. And Rockstar Is the least logical in that business. Spring 2013 is a placeholder release target, and goes well with my Oct 2013 prediction. They can't just say Oct 2013 now, ppl would Be pissed..... and confused. 

If we don't have a new trailer before the end of the year, and some actual SUBSTANCE in said trailer, forget this game for about 12 months. They are asking for ideas for the multiplayer part of the game....which means they have not even started work on that yet, which means its a long way off. Cant see why they are bothering with a bogus release season. 

#20 Posted by jonny_zoo (273 posts) -

http://grandtheft5.ucoz.com/news/leak_confirmed_gta_v_debut_spring_2013_new_artwork/2012-10-30-69

There's another leak. Containing yet more artwork.

#21 Posted by gtaV102012 (77 posts) -

Just keeps getting better and better

#22 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

Wow....the release date is SPRING 2013 (insert cricket sounds)....how very......yaaaaaawn.....pointless. Just a placeholder. Ranks up there with "a week or two after never"

#23 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

So now Rockcrap has finally said its for the current gen. But they are still only as saying Spring 2013. Which is just more BS. Spring is another way of saying "October but we won't say THAT yet". Makes you wonder if Patcher even went to school for his job. He seemed to think it was a slam bleepimg dunk that the game would ship in Oct 2012, when the truth is not even Rockstar can narrow it down to a month. 

As I posted awhile back, Rockstar is doing the October slide:

They have set a spring target, that will slip to summer, then October. May have to pickup NFS or ACIII and ignore this pile of "does not know how to ship" nonsense. 

#24 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

So now Rockcrap has finally said its for the current gen. But they are still only as saying Spring 2013. Which is just more BS. Spring is another way of saying "October but we won't say THAT yet". Makes you wonder if Patcher even went to school for his job. He seemed to think it was a slam bleepimg dunk that the game would ship in Oct 2012, when the truth is not even Rockstar can narrow it down to a month. 

As I posted awhile back, Rockstar is doing the October slide:

They have set a spring target, that will slip to summer, then October. May have to pickup NFS or ACIII and ignore this pile of "does not know how to ship" nonsense. 

Zoomer30

Yaaaawwwwwwwn...

You've posted 'a while back' every single month and year up to and including next gen systems. You've also stated that you think the game is practically vaporware.

So you hear it here first folks. October 2013 from Zoomer, FINAL PROPHECY. Now he has nothing else to say and won't bother this forum with endlessly vague, backtracking BS.

Bye Zoomer!

#25 Posted by 36Ounces (2065 posts) -

That dude zoomer talk outta his ass, I just ignore him.

#26 Posted by gtaV102012 (77 posts) -

I was i could ignore him, he is just to much of an idiot. 360unces, lol he defininitly talks out of his ass.

Current Gen Confirmed.

Way before Oct 2013 Confirmed.

Game, MUCH MORE THAN VAPORWARE CONFIRMED.

Thank You Zoomer, DONT come again

#27 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

I think the fact that they are asking for Ideas on the multiplayer side of the game that they are still working on the game. It WILL SLIP to October. There is no official release date. A season does a release date not make. That's a guess, or just a flat lie to keep people looking. But whatever, when you can't narrow it down to less than 3 months, that means its not close to done and has a good year left. 

#28 Posted by Zoomer30 (4349 posts) -

And now we see why its a pointless endeavor to use "financial projections" to try to predict game release targets.  Rockstar has just (gaaasp!) lowered its financial guidance for the quarter that was supposed to have  kabillion dollars and the invention of pizza pooping flying unicorns yadda yadda.  This confirms GTA V won't be out by March 2013. This is why its pointless to use this info to make projections: companies lie all the time in these calls. Either due to ignorance or trying to conceal issues. 

#29 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

Yeah great.

Bye then!

So, what are people looking for in GTA 5? In multiplayer I hope our 'crews' can actually have some form of base of operations.

#30 Posted by kbcustomz (115 posts) -

today is the day zoomer, the day you admit you were wrong, your next gen BS, your october 2013 at earliest, basically everything you said has been a crock of sh*t. dont give analysts stick about changing their predictions, your predictions on when this game was due to come out were as up and down as patchers, probably wont be on here much now that i know when to expect the game so hope to argue with you again in 4-5 years about GTA VI

#31 Posted by barrytaylor (193 posts) -

I was i could ignore him, he is just to much of an idiot. 360unces, lol he defininitly talks out of his ass.

Current Gen Confirmed.

Way before Oct 2013 Confirmed.

Game, MUCH MORE THAN VAPORWARE CONFIRMED.

Thank You Zoomer, DONT come again

gtaV102012

Couldn't Of said it better myself :D

#32 Posted by scroft16 (14 posts) -

soooooooooooooo

#33 Posted by TURBO-BURNER (103 posts) -

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Wow, Grand Theft Auto V is Ruthless by the looks of things

#34 Posted by TURBO-BURNER (103 posts) -

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/12640502/img/12640502.jpg

http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/bugatti-veyron-super-sports.jpg

Bugatti Veyron, 267 mph (429 km/h), 0-60 in 2.4 secs. Aluminum, Narrow Angle 8 Liter W16 Engine with 1200 hp, base price is $2,400,000. Although the Bugatti Veyron lost the title to SSC Ultimate Aero on March 2007, Bugatti challenged the record in Germany on July 10, 2010 with the new Super Sport and the Bugatti Veyron reclaimed the title of the fastest car in the world at 267 mph. The original Bugatti Veyron had a top speed of 253 mph, priced at $1,700,000 with 1001 hp.

http://www.thesupercars.org/fastest-cars/fastest-cars-in-the-world-top-10-list/

#35 Posted by TURBO-BURNER (103 posts) -

http://gamovore.fr/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/KLvYj.jpg

Wow, This is Surprising.. I think i've found the actual GTA V map tho I'm still not 100% sure

What do the rest of you guys recon?

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/