If you have an old Xbox 360 read this.

#1 Posted by pongley (361 posts) -

I have one of the old Xbox Arcades with a 20GB hard drive and keep having problems with the disc being "unreadable". There's nothing wrong with the disc itself, it's a problem with older consoles. There isn't a proper fix but Xbox Support recommended this;

1. Delete all GTA 5 game data.

2. Clear system cache three times.

3. Delete marketplace data from storage system items.

4. Unplug console for three minutes.

5. Install disc 1.

6. Power off, do not insert disc 2.

7. Restart.

8. Install disc 2.

9. Play. (Hopefully.)

Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/62846/how-to-fix-gta-5s-console-crashing-bug-on-older-xbox-360-machines/

#3 Posted by Jasper_73 (48 posts) -

i had this problem when installing for te first time after getting my pre order from amazon. i fixed it by by putting in gta 4 after restarting. loading that up, then quting back to desktop, then putting in the install disc, and this time round it recognised it.

#4 Posted by quatoe (5664 posts) -

I have an original Xbox 360 and it has not broken annually... Also, I have not had this issue with GTA V.

#5 Posted by monza1966 (174 posts) -

@quatoe: If you don't play it constantly a lot you'd be okay, or maybe you got the golden fleece 360? Lucky you though.

#7 Posted by quatoe (5664 posts) -

@quatoe: If you don't play it constantly a lot you'd be okay, or maybe you got the golden fleece 360? Lucky you though.

I put over 100 hours into the game and no issues like that have arose, so I am definitely lucky.